All-Star Cheerleading Worlds 2015 Day 2 (sunday)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I hate the way awards are ran. I like seeing the emotional moment for the winning team, but that's about it. Those weren't award ceremonies. They were placement announcements, with people giving away medals in the crowd of athletes. Everything was so rushed I imagine it can be frustrating for everyone (not that it excuses any kind of unclassy behaviour though). Not even the winners had a decent amount of time to enjoy their victory.

They could do it like gymnastics and flash scores prior to awards so that everyone sees their score and reacts off the mat on a per team basis, and then later everyone gets together on stage for a formal presentation of awards that are not a surprise (if you were playing attention). I could see both positives and negatives of doing it this way - in general it would be less exciting for spectators though so I think that's why EP do it the way they do.

I think its honestly safe to say, that in the years Ive been watching worlds.. Each LAG team that places 1st has celebrated early. Theyve all done it. There really isnt any argument there.

I take a small offense to anyone that says "all" CEA fans are rude and poor sports.
I am a die hard CEA fan, heck, I drove from NH to FL last year to meet them and got a pic with CSP and cried about it at 25 years old.
Stars last night put on a show, SE put on a show, Ive never really paid close attention to Panthers but I was sweating the top 3 for sure. I am so happy for Stars because I know how much it meant to them because its been since 09 if my memory serves me well.
If there was anyone I would have wanted to be first in front of SE its Stars. I love that routine so much.

Maybe it is the coach in me talking but I wish these athletes would learn how to just be grateful.
You didnt LOSE worlds, you got 2nd at worlds.. and you got 3rd 4th and 5th at worlds ! Thats amazing!
I saw this picture on tumblr of an orange athlete kissing her trophy and her dad kissing her forehead. Tweet said some you win some you lose. Such a sweet picture.

Last edited:
They could do it like gymnastics and flash scores prior to awards so that everyone sees their score and reacts off the mat on a per team basis, and then later everyone gets together on stage for a formal presentation of awards that are not a surprise (if you were playing attention). I could see both positives and negatives of doing it this way - in general it would be less exciting for spectators though so I think that's why EP do it the way they do.

I agree. I think a compromise would be to keep announcing this way, but to have a proper podium ceremony afterwards, with a few minutes for teams to actually get over their raw emotions. The current way, they either get great joy or great disappointment, and then get chased off the stage. Too abrupt for my taste.

I agree. I think a compromise would be to keep announcing this way, but to have a proper podium ceremony afterwards, with a few minutes for teams to actually get over their raw emotions. The current way, they either get great joy or great disappointment, and then get chased off the stage. Too abrupt for my taste.
i think part of the reason is because they are outside, and there really isnt any podium for the teams. unlike the milkhouse where you actually got at least a minute to enjoy (or not) your placement.

this isn't gymnastics where each skill has a predetermined value. the raw score is literally a made up number. worlds is comparative. the team that performs before you can drastically change your "raw" score up or down. did orange going right before stars and making mistakes inflate stars' score? probably. if SE and Stars had gone back to back, would the results be different? maybe. but that is the nature of the beast that is the worlds' scoresheet.

Forgive me if I am wrong, but wouldn't Shooting Stars raw score have the potential to go up just based on Senior Elite taking some difficulty out of their routine??My understanding of comparative scoring is that this could be so, and I thought I read that SE took out a skill?

this isn't gymnastics where each skill has a predetermined value. the raw score is literally a made up number. worlds is comparative. the team that performs before you can drastically change your "raw" score up or down. did orange going right before stars and making mistakes inflate stars' score? probably. if SE and Stars had gone back to back, would the results be different? maybe. but that is the nature of the beast that is the worlds' scoresheet.

that could be said for Day 1 as well. SS score on Day 1 could of been deflated as they were one of the earlier teams to go.

Sorry if this took too long but since lrg coed and lrg senior awards, i feel like something terrible happened in my life. First, dont get me wrong coz Coed elite deserved it. TGLC, since 2008 back in highschool when I learned about cheerleading, became my only team to root for. Even 2011 and 2012 when most people lose hope for TG, i always feel like they are the champs. No words can express how much i love TG as a whole. But the recent one is the most heart breaking. Again i dont contest abt coed elite winning. I dont know much people in the team except for few, but i feel like i also lost the biggest battle of my life. I dont know what to feel tbh. I almost denied that worlds 2015 happened. Even i reminded myself that worlds is just one competition compared to many large competition this year that TGLC snatched. But everything seems off. Im just a huge TGLC fan who cant move on what happened this weekend. But yaaaay for TGLC pulling through after all the circumstances. Congrats coed elite. TGLC i still love you and through all the efforts done, you're a world champ here in my heart.

I'm sad that I couldn't see large senior and large coed live because they sold out of tickets but I wore my wcss shirt the big girls don't cry one and I was standing outside of the HP field house watching the big screen TV when wcss walked past me..one of the girls saw my shirt and was like "big girls don't cry!!" and I told her good luck and that I hope they win, she said thanks! Congrats stars I wore my shirt proudly for you all!!!!! So happy you all won! I'm also happy CEA got 2nd they are my top 2 favorite teams! I had a blast going to worlds I got to see BSB, Cali smoed, Cali lady bullets, CEA ssx and so many talented teams!

Forgive me if I am wrong, but wouldn't Shooting Stars raw score have the potential to go up just based on Senior Elite taking some difficulty out of their routine??My understanding of comparative scoring is that this could be so, and I thought I read that SE took out a skill?

IMO SS from a comparative perspective - SS would of outscored in difficulty in Standing Tumbling, Running Tumbling and Stunts. SE would of outscored in Pyramid and Building. Toss/Jumps/Dance probably equal. Because SS has more categories of difficulty and still difficult Pyramid/Buildiing/Toss/Jumps/Dance they would gain extra points in the Overall category..

IMO SS from a comparative perspective - SS would of outscored in difficulty in Standing Tumbling, Running Tumbling and Stunts. SE would of outscored in Pyramid and Building. Toss/Jumps/Dance probably equal. Because SS has more categories of difficulty and still difficult Pyramid/Buildiing/Toss/Jumps/Dance they would gain extra points in the Overall category..
I agree with your analysis. I am by no means good at figuring out scores, but my thought was that if SE took out some difficulty, even if they still beat SS in that category( not sure what the actual category would be) wouldn't it have the potential to raise SS's score in that category? I am not sure I understand comparative scoring well enough, but my logic is that if there is less of a "gap" between the two teams, it would affect both teams' scores, especially if the team that decreased difficulty performed first. I am really just curious if this is true?

Back