All-Star Cheerlebrity Lessons?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Would you attend a cheerlebrity seminar for your CP?

• Yes

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • No

Votes: 96 93.2%

• Total voters
I don't think so since NCAA doesn't recognize cheer as a sport.
@retiredl5cheer

However, there is speculation that may change soon. If it becomes recognized, would any money made or gifts received prior to the ruling be ignored?

Will the NCAA Consider Cheerleading a Sport? | College Sports Law Blog - Barlow Garsek & Simon, LLP

ETA: I pass no judgment on these women or the people interested in attending their seminar. Currently there is very little scholarship money to be had for kids in the cheer community with extraordinary talent. If they can provide information on how to provide a pathway for talented kids to go and come out of college with less debt, then perhaps weighing the pros and cons is worth it since the opportunities of going "pro" are non-existent.

Last edited:
Yes, but A&T is a NCAA Varsity sport. Parents who accept money and gifts on behalf of their 8 year old daughter are likely ruling that opportunity out before she even has a chance to consider it.
I am pretty sure you can accept money for "modeling" and "promotions" outside the sport you receive a scholarship in. A&T and all star cheer are not considered the same.
It will be interesting to see how many people actually sign up for this thing. Although I think all of it is ridiculous, I'm turned off by the way it is promoted more than the actual concept.

First, I thought "cheerlebrity" and or anything that would make you a "celebrity" was something that you kind of stumble into simply by minding your business while doing something that you love. This is what set up depression and burn out and could make a kid hate you or that sport/activity. This is really sad, but as someone mentioned from a business stand point it is kind of genius and could make them a lot money. You know kind of like those commercials about audition for the Disney channel only to find out it is a "talent" agent wanting you to fork over like $10k or pageant coaches... Really?

Honestly, I'm new to the kinda new to the sport but I'd take lessons from Kiara Nowlin... Sorry, I was born in the wrong generation tbh...

ahahaha this "class" is a scam if I ever saw one!

If these instructors/teachers knew how to make cheerlebrities, wouldn't we know who their kids are already?

ahahaha this "class" is a scam if I ever saw one!

If these instructors/teachers knew how to make cheerlebrities, wouldn't we know who their kids are already?
We do. ;) Tonya Rice the mother of Angel Rice AKA the queen of tumbling. She was on the Today show at one point for breaking a Guinness World Record, among other things. Tonya and Angel run camps across the country, so I guess they're making money. The other woman is probably Marci Lawson's mother, although I don't consider Marci to be famous outside of Instagram and Cali's Cheerleaders show.

We do. ;) Tonya Rice the mother of Angel Rice AKA the queen of tumbling. She was on the Today show at one point for breaking a Guinness World Record, among other things. Tonya and Angel run camps across the country, so I guess they're making money. The other woman is probably Marci Lawson's mother, although I don't consider Marci to be famous outside of Instagram and Cali's Cheerleaders show.
Goes to show their level of "fame" huh. They might be making camp money in a business now, but the celebrity side of Angel is running out

I know their two daughters run little camps at various all star gyms so I'm guessing the moms are just piggy-backing off of that. But I'm not interested in getting free spandex shorts and a poofed-wig for my kid. I need like a Carly Manning (I can say her name now, right, since she's an adult?) class on how she gets UGG, Oreo, Covergirl, etc. contracts with a verified insta. A quick browse at her instagram makes me think she probably is making over $100k this year alone.

I do think she is one of the few that got lucky with the right combination of a high number of followers that got brands attention and has the "look" a lot of those brands want. Even if her mom taught a class, I don't think her success will be duplicated easily.

I think this seminar is tacky as he!!.

Sorry it's so big

2rpzr0w.jpg

A friend showed me this. What do you guys think? There have been many discussions on FB about cheerlebrities and how to handle the phenomenon. Is this something worth looking into as a parent? Would you go to this if you were new to cheer?
This has GOT to be a joke. Come on. I don't even have enough eye rolls and side eyes for this nonsense.

It's not all sunshine and rainbows. And NOT something I'd pay for that's for darn certain. I sincerely can't stop rolling my eyes. If a parent really wants this get your child an AGENT. Otherwise, simple, everyday polite, sincere CARE AND RESPECT is all parents need to instill in their cheerleader to fit that role. THOSE THINGS should be done at home from infancy NOT "LEARNED" that's just called FAKE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back