All-Star Cheerlebrity Lessons?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Would you attend a cheerlebrity seminar for your CP?

• Yes

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • No

Votes: 96 93.2%

• Total voters
On one hand I'm rolling my eyes..

On the other hand....this is the industry where folks are paying $300 for the same weave ponytails that girls in the hood have been making for decades

giphy.gif

If they're dumb enough to follow y'all up..let them

Pimping and pretending to be your kid all over social media in order to 'promote' her for years, speaking for her, speaking as if you were here, living vicariously through her. None of that is 'free'.

Another point... does the CP want to attend the cheerlebrity seminar or does the mom? Lots of kids have dreams of being 'famous', but as a parent it's up to us to question their judgement. One of my girls wants to be a famous singer and while she has a decent voice, as her mother it's my job to keep it real for her. The odds of you being 'famous' are pretty slim. And even if you make it that far, is the payoff worth the payout? Does she want to be famous because she wants to turn her celebrity into a career? Is that a sustainable career choice for her? Will it help her or hurt her in college? Or does she just because want a bunch of strange cheerleaders to know her name? And if it's the latter, what is the real motivation? And if it's the mom who wants it, the mom should possibly reevaluate her own life and live that one while she lets her little girl live hers. Let the kids be kids for goodness sake.

Last edited:
We see that you just said that two posts earlier. You can say it again in two more posts and I'm still not sure how it's relevant.
Im only mentioning its free because people were saying these ladies were trying to scam people out of money or trying to make money out of it. I am not attending but if they are doing it free to help others (if you want that help that is lol) I dont see how they are doung anything wrong if they arent charging people money. If its not your thing, thats cool but I just dont want people to automatically assume these ladies are scam artists when it appears they are just trying to be helpful. Secondly, they are trying to get black cheerleaders more recognized as well. There are a few well known black cheerleaders but it seema like most of the so called cheerlebrities are white. So I dont fault them in what they are trying to do. I try to look for the positive in people instead of assuming the negative, until I am proven wrong lol

Im only mentioning its free because people were saying these ladies were trying to scam people out of money or trying to make money out of it. I am not attending but if they are doing it free to help others (if you want that help that is lol) I dont see how they are doung anything wrong if they arent charging people money. If its not your thing, thats cool but I just dont want people to automatically assume these ladies are scam artists when it appears they are just trying to be helpful. Secondly, they are trying to get black cheerleaders more recognized as well. There are a few well known black cheerleaders but it seema like most of the so called cheerlebrities are white. So I dont fault them in what they are trying to do. I try to look for the positive in people instead of assuming the negative, until I am proven wrong lol

I personally didn't say they were scam artists, nor do I believe they are. I believe the idea in general is a bogus one. I believe the idea of cheerlebrities and moms pimping out minors is a bogus one. Angel Rice is a different animal altogether. It's one thing to be well known for extraordinary talent and skill, quite another to be known because your mom pimps you out at the ripe old age of five for free hair products and short shorts.

I am really quite confused by your racial comments. Perhaps I missed something but I don't see anything about race on the ad? Have I missed something or are these assumptions being made because the women running the seminar are of color?
Edited: I see the 'black girls cheer' text now. I stand corrected. I still think it's ridiculous.

Last edited:
I personally didn't say they were scam artists, nor do I believe they are. I believe the idea in general is a bogus one. I believe the idea of cheerlebrities and moms pimping out minors is a bogus one. Angel Rice is a different animal altogether. It's one thing to be well known for extraordinary talent and skill, quite another to be known because your mom pimps you out at the ripe old age of five for free hair products and short shorts.

I am really quite confused by your racial comments. Perhaps I missed something but I don't see anything about race on the ad? Have I missed something or are these assumptions being made because the women running the seminar are of color?
Edited: I see the 'black girls cheer' text now. I stand corrected. I still think it's ridiculous.
No. Its posted on their group facebook page which is called Black Girls Cheer. The group is "a movement" to showcase and celebrate the role black girls play im cheer. The webinar I am sure is open to anyone. I just mentioned the black girls movement because it is something they have stated in their Facebook group that they want to showcase and they post HBCU photos, videos, and events too. As such, I feel like this webinar is part of that movement, but again is open to anyone.

Oh and yeah, i know u didnt say they were trying to scam anyone.

You know...it sounds like what might be useful is a seminar with info about NCAA rules...and personally I'd love to go to one regarding some tips on keeping kids safe on social media. My kids only have Musically accounts but I'm sure that will change...some people and organizations I know use social media almost exclusively as a means of communication.

If anyone takes them up on this "free" webinar, I am giving away free vacations in a time share property. You just have to attend a short meeting on the first day. I promise I won't harass you about purchasing one....

Back