All-Star Cheersquad

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The people in the background as just that, people in the background. They're not part of the episode, don't speak, and you can barely catch a glance of them because the cameras pan so quickly.

A release is not needed if a person is part of a crowd recorded in a public place, as long as the person is not a focus of the video. However, most will use a location release and this would have been done with the EP because it's a private function and at their discretion.

Last edited:
Cell phones are everywhere you go. I have seen cell phone videos and pics from HotShots on social media. You really can't avoid it.

The people in the background as just that, people in the background. They're not part of the episode, don't speak, and you can barely catch a glance of them because the cameras pan so quickly.

A release is not needed if a person is part of a crowd recorded in a public place, as long as the person is not a focus of the video. However, most will use a location release and this would have been done with the EP because it's a private function and at their discretion.

Actually she is not part of the background I've seen some pics today. She is a close up and they gave her name. I'm hoping just a first name but still haven't seen it myself so don't know for sure.

She's thrilled thinks it's the coolest thing ever. I'm not sure how I feel about this.

And considering she was 13 I don't think a sign can work as consent she can't consent to anything for herself as she's a minor. I'm thinking it had to have been in the Hot Shots release form.

I don't know how to post pictures on here or I'd share what's been sent. Not a glancing background shot.

Okay I've seen the clip now. And not as worried as I was before. They did only give her first name and didn't even name her program or team so not nearly as identifying as I was afraid of when people first started blowing up my phone.

So I watched all the episodes when someone on here was posting them from Canadas air dates. I missed one (episode on cheer for a cure) and now I have some questions/thoughts.
1. I don't like how they don't show day 1/2.
2. Is one of the twins an alternate? I went back to watch the actual performance of cheer for the cure I can only find one of them.
3. Anyone know if they're going to have more episodes after episode 8? It'll be awkward if they don't show worlds when thats all they talk about.

So I watched all the episodes when someone on here was posting them from Canadas air dates. I missed one (episode on cheer for a cure) and now I have some questions/thoughts.
2. Is one of the twins an alternate? I went back to watch the actual performance of cheer for the cure I can only find one of them.
3. Anyone know if they're going to have more episodes after episode 8? It'll be awkward if they don't show worlds when thats all they talk about.

I agree that they need to show both days of competitions! They do it for worlds at the beginning of the season and then again at NCA. I feel like, some people might not care, but the fact that it is two days make the competitions a lot different and more at stake and all that! I guess there will be 10 episodes in all though, so it should show all through worlds this year,

There are episodes 9 and 10 that will air next week on Freeform

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watched the Cheer for the Cure ep and they are acting like they came in last when they still came in second and got a Worlds bid. I know thousands of squads who would kill for that. Honestly I'm surprised they got so high after so many mistakes. I'm guessing they did much better day 1..

Both twins are/(were last year) on the team! I believe one of them had something else they needed to do over CFTC and likely Briarley filled in. And as said, it is a 10 episode season.

Still waiting to see episode 8. It's no on their website yet! Where can I see it?

Does anyone else's team use helmets for their flyers? I have never seen that done before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back