OT Christmas Lists 2014

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
For Christmas and birthdays I typically ask for furniture. For my 18th I had a bookcase and this Christmas I have asked for a desk so I can actually study and I free standing mirror because I don't have a mirror in my room.

I have finished my Christmas shopping already!
Boyfriend: speaker for his phone/ iPad, Ralph Lauren aftershave, new air max shoes and boat shoes.
Mum: perfume, earrings, scarf, face products
Sister: liz Earle cosmetics set
Niece: flounder the teddy and an outfit
Nephew: Thomas the tank engine pillow pet (to go with his bedding) and a Thomas the tank engine train
Dad: cider making kit and a old guys rule tshirt
Boyfriends parents: a new home decoration (they have recently moved) and a photo frame with pictures of their family in along with some chocolates
My friends secret Santa: a travalo and some perfume
Finished? You are my inspiration!

I did order my dh some shirts last night and the bottoms for my girls Christmas jammies.

So living in NC now I'm thinking about asking for some winter shoes. Does anyone have duck boots? I really like the Bean Boots from LL Bean. Anyone have opinions on them one way or the other?

I have a question for you all.

If you see an infinity knot design on jewelry, do you associate it with cheer? I am thinking of something with the design for coach gifts, but I am not sure if others associate it, or if I am the only one who has been brainwashed ;) Feel free to say if it is cheesy :)

I need help.

So living in NC now I'm thinking about asking for some winter shoes. Does anyone have duck boots? I really like the Bean Boots from LL Bean. Anyone have opinions on them one way or the other?
I have Bean Boots and love them! I go to school in the Midwest and they keep my feet warm/dry when I have to walk through tons of snow and slush to class. They get a little uncomfortable after wearing them all day, but it's nothing unbearable. I would definitely recommend them.

@Just-a-Mom tagging you too if you know.

Do these Sorel boots hold up well? How long do they last through "real winters"? Are they waterproof? (And I mean truly WATERPROOF because some things that are advertised as waterproof are not waterproof...)

I am in drastic need of winter boots. I'm really looking for something that will last me a few years. I've used rain boots the past 3 years for winter and they don't work as well as you'd think :p That salt eats right through the plastic. I think it's time to invest in a good pair!

I've had these for about 3 winters now. I will say, we don't have extreme winters here, but I've been to Sweden in Januari with these boots. My feet have been dry and warm all the time in the cold, snow and slush outside.
Timberland - Women's Earthkeepers® Mount Holly Tall Lace Duck Boot

I have Bean Boots and love them! I go to school in the Midwest and they keep my feet warm/dry when I have to walk through tons of snow and slush to class. They get a little uncomfortable after wearing them all day, but it's nothing unbearable. I would definitely recommend them.
How do they hold up in water? I'm not forging any rivers here or anything, but we definitely have more cold rainy days than cold snowy ones. So I want to make sure I could get enough use out of them.

I had no clue what "Bean Boots" looked like until I looked them up on LL Bean's site. Low and behold... MY MOM HAS HAD A PAIR OF THOSE FOR THE LONGEST TIME. Honestly, I've only ever seen her wear one pair of winter boots my whole life and it's those. My mom says they are warm and keep your feet dry in the sloshy Syracuse winter so I'm sure they will be fine for you in NC. Her only complaint was the ones she got weren't that high so the top of her pants get wet when she's walking through snowbanks. I don't think you have to worry about snowbanks in NC :p

My parents swear by anything LL Bean. One time they planned our whole vacation to Maine around go to the LL Bean store... They have never ever had a problem with that brand and their stuff lasts a while even if it's a tad pricey. I don't think you can ever go wrong with LL Bean. They're like Jansport and their backpacks. Those things will outlast you.

i own a pair of duck boots and absolutely love them. LL Bean has a lifetime warranty on them which many forget about so if they do get damaged you can return them and they'll replace them free of charge. They keep my feet nice and warm walking across campus and this is coming from the girl who lives in OH.

I'm not super picky because I really just love christmas... you could give me a rock and i would be excited because its Christmas! I love Christmas.. a lot...
-kroger gift cards
-flexbucks (its money that goes onto your account at school that you can spend at food places on campus)
-black hunter boots
-new rain jacket
-short uggs (grey, chestnut, or black.. i don't really care what color)
-Naked Vault (probably won't happen but it's worth a try, right?)
-gas gift cards
-vs yogapants/leggings
-grey patagonia
-iphone 6
-vineyard vines/southern shirt company/mens polo long sleeve shirts
-fuzzy socks

and my parents don't let us buy them or our siblings christmas presents. so i usually get them something small anyways, but sentimental!

My boyfriend asked for (from me)
-new batting gloves
-clark's desert boots
-and a patagonia better sweater
last year i bought him some polo shirts and a birch box mens subscription for a year- worst idea. He hasn't ever used one single thing in his birch box- except an iPhone charger. and I had him fill out the little survey and everything! He's gotten a lot of stuff he would use too, he's just stubborn I guess.

One last duck boot question. They only come in full sizes, not half. LL Bean recommends ordering a full size to a full and a half size down. I normally wear a 9.5 or a 9 (my Nike Frees are 10s) but probably won't usually wear these with super thick socks. My mom told me I should order an 8, but I'm a little worried that might be too small. Most of my friends wear half sizes normally so they ended up being just ordering the next half size down. I'm leaning towards a 9, since I'd rather them be too big than too small.

Anyone have any sizing advice with these?

One last duck boot question. They only come in full sizes, not half. LL Bean recommends ordering a full size to a full and a half size down. I normally wear a 9.5 or a 9 (my Nike Frees are 10s) but probably won't usually wear these with super thick socks. My mom told me I should order an 8, but I'm a little worried that might be too small. Most of my friends wear half sizes normally so they ended up being just ordering the next half size down. I'm leaning towards a 9, since I'd rather them be too big than too small.

Anyone have any sizing advice with these?
i wear a 6.5/7 (mainly 6.5) and i ordered a 6, i still have room to wear my wool socks and not feel constricted. I would are you getting the insulated ones?

Looking at my ugly 4 year old uggs today made me realize how desperately I need new ones.... So I went on the website and GAHHH the ones I'm obsessed with (bailey bow tall) are $250. The other items on my list I know I'm getting for Christmas so I could ask for new uggs for my birthday but I feel bad asking for $250 shoes. I got my current ones on super sale for 50% off so it's hard to look at that price and be like "oh yeah sounds great" why must uggs be so comfortable and SO EXPENSIVE

Looking at my ugly 4 year old uggs today made me realize how desperately I need new ones.... So I went on the website and GAHHH the ones I'm obsessed with (bailey bow tall) are $250. The other items on my list I know I'm getting for Christmas so I could ask for new uggs for my birthday but I feel bad asking for $250 shoes. I got my current ones on super sale for 50% off so it's hard to look at that price and be like "oh yeah sounds great" why must uggs be so comfortable and SO EXPENSIVE
I got the Bailey Bow (not the tall ones though) ones last year! Plus they're my favorite color, orange (although they are kind more of a coral), and were at the Ugg Outlet so they were on sale!
ETA: they were also kids size so they cost even less!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back