OT Christmas Lists 2014

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
haha! It's about a half hour from my apartment in Alexandria to the Tysons location, and it's a half hour from my childhood home to the flagship store in Freeport. I just can't escape LL Bean... (and I went to middle school and high school with the grandson of the owner. Nice family.)

My friend from South Carolina moved up to the DC area and her mind was absolutely blown when she learned Beans has actual locations. She thought it was just a catalog.

I didn't know Hard Times was a franchise restaurant because my friend's family own the Courthouse one in Arlington, and the one at Nats stadium lol, also great loving family!

LL Bean is very popular with the teen set in NoVa. Bean Boots are a staple, as are the vests.

Last edited:
LL Bean is very popular with the teen set in NoVa. Bean Boots are a stable, as are the vests.

Well now I feel like this:
giphy.gif

Everyone is talking about winter and boots and CP is asking for Birkenstock Arizona taupe sandals. Anyone have any ideas where I can get these? She sent me a link of the ones she wanted.
I showed them to my husband. He sent her a recorded message that said: "First, I'm not getting you a pair of $130 sandals and, second, I'm not getting you $130 sandals in December!" And sent it to her. She responded back with the princess emoji.
I said you contradicted yourself there, but then he told me to order them for her.
I can't see getting her sandals in the middle of the winter but I'm still looking for them.
She says she's going to wear them with socks.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

@jcheermom are you just looking for them in general or trying to find a sale on them? I just found them on Amazon, Zappos, and the actual Birkenstock website pretty easily. You might try signing up for emails from Zappos and Amazon shoes before Black Friday. Last year they both ran specials with 25-30% off all boots, and I think something like 10-15% off all other shoes. It's worth a shot to see if they'll offer that again.

I will say that brand name, non knockoff Birks are very well made and last for ages. I had a different style in middle school that I wore practically every day for three years. The Arizona style seems to be quite on trend right now, so I do think she would wear them!

@jcheermom are you just looking for them in general or trying to find a sale on them? I just found them on Amazon, Zappos, and the actual Birkenstock website pretty easily. You might try signing up for emails from Zappos and Amazon shoes before Black Friday. Last year they both ran specials with 25-30% off all boots, and I think something like 10-15% off all other shoes. It's worth a shot to see if they'll offer that again.

I will say that brand name, non knockoff Birks are very well made and last for ages. I had a different style in middle school that I wore practically every day for three years. The Arizona style seems to be quite on trend right now, so I do think she would wear them!
I'm having a hard time finding the soft sole ones, in taupe.
I found the other ones, but not soft sole and I guess there's a difference.

What's funny is that I had a pair of white ones and she actually took them to college with her 3 years ago but she wears 2 sizes larger than I do- not sure how she manages to get her feet in them but she loves them.

Everyone is talking about winter and boots and CP is asking for Birkenstock Arizona taupe sandals. Anyone have any ideas where I can get these? She sent me a link of the ones she wanted.
I showed them to my husband. He sent her a recorded message that said: "First, I'm not getting you a pair of $130 sandals and, second, I'm not getting you $130 sandals in December!" And sent it to her. She responded back with the princess emoji.
I said you contradicted yourself there, but then he told me to order them for her.
I can't see getting her sandals in the middle of the winter but I'm still looking for them.

And I always thought Birkenstocks are expensive over here :eek:. So my suggestion: order them from Germany, even with shipping they will be a lot cheaper than $130.

Well I was going to buy myself an early Christmas present by shopping on the VS webshop. I totally found what I liked. And then I found out shipping over here is more expensive than my actual order.
So bye bye Christmas gift. :(

Well, I just finished my first part of christmas shopping/planning..
I got my 15 year old sister VS/Pink perfume (two of them) because they were $8 for Pink nation members and a life proof case off of amazon for $10 (super excited I scored that deal :D) And for my boyfriend, I ended up getting him Nike 5.0 free runs for his birthday next week ($106) :confused:
For christmas I plan to get him some abercrombie underwear and a picture of the shoes I got him (just as a reminder) and maybe a gift card to Applebees (his favorite restaurant).
I'm thinking about getting my parents some Florida State gear as that is where I plan to transfer in the fall, but I really don't want to jinks it.. since I've only been conditionally accepted :oops: My dad is a die hard Michigan fan so he wouldn't wear FSU unless he had a reason.
And for my two older late 20's siblings, I'll probably get them gift cards since that's usually what we get each other every year!

And I think I talked my boyfriend into getting me a MK wallet and this gold arrow bracelet I found on Wanelo :D

Edited: someone already said to check zappos sorry!

Update on the Bean Boot situation, I ended up going to a local store and buying the Sorel brand. They were cheaper, had a similar warranty, I could actually try on a couple different sizes, and best of all, no waiting till February!

Back