OT Christmas Lists 2014

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
for everyone interested (or with CP's interested) in Sorel boots... the marshall's by my hometown had at least 5 different style Sorel boots today. worth looking into your local Marshall's if you didn't have your heart set on a specific pair! great prices, too!

If you're on the hunt for boots, definitely go to Belk if you have one around you. Their boot sales are great. I am home for break til Sunday. The sole of my best boots (and the only ones I brought home for break) started falling apart this afternoon and I needed an emergency pair for a football game Saturday. I got a $150 pair of Baretrap boots for $60. Their Rampage boots are on sale for $19.99 and the Kim Rodgers boots are $29.99

Actually I pretty much swear by Belk for all things. Nothing is ever full price there, ever. Plus they have a million coupons you can print online.

I'm thinking about getting my 8 yr old those cheerbandz

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anyone get any good Black Friday deals? I went to Kohls and Ulta. Nothing too crazy.

Finished my Secret Santa gift for my friend in Boston. She went to school down here and she's always complaining about how cold she is living back up there. So I made her a "cold weather survival kit". I got her a super warm Better Homes blanket from Walmart that has a pretty purple print on one side and has wool on the other, gloves, "boyfriend" boot socks (her online wishlist included "a boyfriend", so I thought it was funny), a Burts Bees lip balm gift set and a set of nail polish minis. All within our $30 limit. Hooray Black Friday!

Anyone get any good Black Friday deals? I went to Kohls and Ulta. Nothing too crazy.

Finished my Secret Santa gift for my friend in Boston. She went to school down here and she's always complaining about how cold she is living back up there. So I made her a "cold weather survival kit". I got her a super warm Better Homes blanket from Walmart that has a pretty purple print on one side and has wool on the other, gloves, "boyfriend" boot socks (her online wishlist included "a boyfriend", so I thought it was funny), a Burts Bees lip balm gift set and a set of nail polish minis. All within our $30 limit. Hooray Black Friday!

Me!!!
29" TV - $200 retail, got it for $100 at Best Buy

Beats headphones - $169 retail, got them for $79 at Best Buy

Blu Ray/DVD player - $139 retail, got it for $59 at Best Buy

Power Wheels - $350 retail, got it for $200 at Toys R Us

Those are the biggest deals we got but there were several more lower ticket items that we got at a great discount too!!

I've never been Black Friday shopping before because I hate crowds but the deals I got today may be enough to send me back out tomorrow!!

I need help coming up with ideas for what to get my best friend.
Its her first year of cheer, she's on my sr 3 team and she bases with me (my stunt group is literally all the people i knew prior to joining this team, so weird).
anyway i was thinking of getting her cheer themed gifts. I was thinking of getting her 1-2 bows, and my "competition bag essential stuff" (random little things i keep in my bag at all times), but im stuck on what else i want to get her. Any ideas?

IPad mini for 199
2 TV 50in I think 220 each
A 3DS not sure of price
Wireless Beats for 99 I think

And 12 boxes of 1600 piece Legos for 30$

None of those were for me but my friend needed help at walmart to get every single thing since they all went for sale at 6.

Yes we got all of them:)

And I got all the Legos, I think only a few boxes went to someone else I managed to get every box in my buggy first imagine all the pissed off faces asking me where they were and I told them they were already gone ... As I push through a cart of nothing but Legos.

I'm such a good Black Friday helper!

For my kid, she was so easy to shop for this year. She wants nothing but top gun oo5 stuff, and the V-ros in the TG colors that TGLC wore, and the cheer luggage carry on for her gym. And well that's all she is getting!! However I bet she will like this Christmas better than any other Christmas when she sees the oo5 stuff.

Tell me about the deals on Beats. My daughter wants them (actually she'd prefer Frends headphones), but I'm not buying them without them being a good deal.

my parents bought me beats right before JAMZ nationals as an impromptu present and they are amazing. i listen to cheer music all the time and i hear beats that i didn't even know where in our music! the sound quality is amazing...so i definitely think they're worth the price :)

Me too, (the short black ones) and I didn't start getting compliments on them till this year bc I guess no one saw the Bailey bow uggs last year or something. Lol.
Not really related, but has anyone ever had any of the knit uggs and can tell me how comfortable/durable they are? I've had my eye on some gray ones for like 2 years.

i have the grey knit button uggs and i love them! theyre great :)

Ugh I really wanted the "life changing lashes" kit that was $15 and had 2 too faced mascaras and an eyeliner, but they were gone when I got to the store. So I think my mom is gonna get it for me online.
I didn't get anything crazy since what I wanted wasn't at ulta, but I did get myself a few things that I've been needing. I got a new blow dryer since mine is broken, aerie leggings and boot socks (40% off), 5 pairs of aerie underwear at $1.80 each, a giant sweater and a shirt (both 40% off), and a pair of Capri leggings from old navy (50% off) that my mom will probably end up giving me for Christmas. The boot socks will probably also be a Christmas present but the rest I paid for with my own money so I'm just going to keep it now.
And then, since my friend and I learned to arm knit scarves yesterday, we went to michaels and got a bunch of yarn! I got a gorgeous teal color for myself and green and gold (my HS colors) to make my mom one for football games (I'm graduating but she still has 3 more kids and 4 more years of football games). Our original scarf was about $14 in yarn and I got enough for 2 scarves for $13 so yay!
To avoid double posting, a local shoe store has 20% off all boots tomorrow so I think I'm going to get the uggs I wanted! My mom is going to give them to me for my birthday :cloud9: they have 30% off on Saturday for small business Saturday, but all the boots will probably be gone by then. so we're going to buy them and then check back on Saturday and get them for 30% off IF they still have them and return the ones we got for 20% off.

Ugh I really wanted the "life changing lashes" kit that was $15 and had 2 too faced mascaras and an eyeliner, but they were gone when I got to the store. So I think my mom is gonna get it for me online.
I didn't get anything crazy since what I wanted wasn't at ulta, but I did get myself a few things that I've been needing. I got a new blow dryer since mine is broken, aerie leggings and boot socks (40% off), 5 pairs of aerie underwear at $1.80 each, a giant sweater and a shirt (both 40% off), and a pair of Capri leggings from old navy (50% off) that my mom will probably end up giving me for Christmas. The boot socks will probably also be a Christmas present but the rest I paid for with my own money so I'm just going to keep it now.
And then, since my friend and I learned to arm knit scarves yesterday, we went to michaels and got a bunch of yarn! I got a gorgeous teal color for myself and green and gold (my HS colors) to make my mom one for football games (I'm graduating but she still has 3 more kids and 4 more years of football games). Our original scarf was about $14 in yarn and I got enough for 2 scarves for $13 so yay!
To avoid double posting, a local shoe store has 20% off all boots tomorrow so I think I'm going to get the uggs I wanted! My mom is going to give them to me for my birthday :cloud9: they have 30% off on Saturday for small business Saturday, but all the boots will probably be gone by then. so we're going to buy them and then check back on Saturday and get them for 30% off IF they still have them and return the ones we got for 20% off.
I saw on YouTube how to arm knit. How hard is it?? I really want to try it. It's on my to do list next week to get some yarn and try it, but I wanted to hear how you liked doing it. I think I can do it, but I don't want to throw a wad of yarn across the room while its tangled in my arms and fingers, if you know what I mean...

By the time I got to ulta at like 8:20 all the good makeup gifts were completely gone :( ended up buying a bunch of clothes instead. The best deal of the night that I got was nice black heels for $15 that were originally $40 at shoe carnival. I did the Walmart "stand in line for tv" thing last year, so avoided that place all together last night.

I saw on YouTube how to arm knit. How hard is it?? I really want to try it. It's on my to do list next week to get some yarn and try it, but I wanted to hear how you liked doing it. I think I can do it, but I don't want to throw a wad of yarn across the room while its tangled in my arms and fingers, if you know what I mean...
It's pretty easy! The video I watched said it was a 30 minute scarf which was definitely wrong, so take some time and sit down and put on some TV while you do it, but it was easy and fun. It's kind of hard to get started depending on how well the video you with explains it, but after the first row it's super simple. And the scarf is super cute!

It's pretty easy! The video I watched said it was a 30 minute scarf which was definitely wrong, so take some time and sit down and put on some TV while you do it, but it was easy and fun. It's kind of hard to get started depending on how well the video you with explains it, but after the first row it's super simple. And the scarf is super cute!
Thanks! I'm going to watch the videos and then I'll give it a try!!

Back