All-Star Cnn At Cheer Extreme

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Just saw this from Maddie's fb: ''AIR DATES AND TIMES FOR CNN PRESENTS: THIS SUNDAY JULY 17th at 8:00 and 11:00 pm and NEXT SATURDAY JULY 23rd at 8:00 and 11:00 pm. The story about me and my team is the last piece so it will be toward the end.''

Is this the one with Smoke and other teams too, or just CEA?

Fingers crossed on this one...hoping they'll highlight the athleticism and passion behind this sport we all love so much. Editing is a powerful tool, and context can always be organized for any agenda. The news crew filmed over 100 hours of footage over three months. They were awesome people, relentless driven to get the whole story. Let's all hope for some much needed positive media.

Those airdates are correct!

Fingers crossed on this one...hoping they'll highlight the athleticism and passion behind this sport we all love so much. Editing is a powerful tool, and context can always be organized for any agenda. The news crew filmed over 100 hours of footage over three months. They were awesome people, relentless driven to get the whole story. Let's all hope for some much needed positive media.

Those airdates are correct!
To bad they weren't there today to catch your run down the tumble track!! Good lord!! ;)

it might be at a earlier or later time because all of the different time zones! it shows up as "cnn presents"

it might be at a earlier or later time because all of the different time zones! it shows up as "cnn presents"
CNN Presents doesn't even show up when I use the search function on my guide... which I find really strange. I'll be at my beach house on Sunday and I looked it up online and it says it will be playing there, so hopefully I'll be around to catch it because I don't want to waste space on my DVR if it's going to be the wrong thing at home!

Does anyone remember the E! News Investigates- Cheerleading? Nobody represented their gym poorly except for one girl who blamed cheer for her eating disorder (yeah right...), but the network was making comments about the gyms and athletes that were negative and nobody even did anything wrong. I really hope CNN doesn't do this, CEA is a great gym and I would hate for the media to attempt to shatter that image. If I hear one comment from a narrator or a non-cheer person like, "Cheerleading really isn't a sport, just ask the NCAA... 'rah! rah! rah!' isn't a sport." or like, "Cheerleaders reveal themselves too much, they wear skimpy belly shirts and short skirts with their butts hanging out, cover themselves in glitter, and go on a floor and pull their leg behind their head. It's jut not classy." I will EXPLODE! not kidding... In tired of hearing that from jealous people.. smh
was that the one with pinnacle?

was that the one with pinnacle?

I honestly don't remember. It was over 3 years ago and they took footage of girls at the competition and we're making rude comments about skirts being too short and the girl "choosing" to look inappropriate... There was also a girl who wanted to be a flyer so she lost a bunch of weight and eventually became anorexic. She blamed cheer for her disorder and so did her family when really it was a personal choice. That's really all I can remember.

I honestly don't remember. It was over 3 years ago and they took footage of girls at the competition and we're making rude comments about skirts being too short and the girl "choosing" to look inappropriate... There was also a girl who wanted to be a flyer so she lost a bunch of weight and eventually became anorexic. She blamed cheer for her disorder and so did her family when really it was a personal choice. That's really all I can remember.

Eating disorders are not a choice. It is a horrible, terrible disorder that affects the way the person thinks about both food and herself. When an 80lb girl looks in the mirror and believes she is fat and therefore "chooses" not to eat again that day--all the while berating herself that she's not good enough, and "weak" because she can't always avoid all food all day, and that people are disgusted at how fat she is............. Personal choice? Seriously?

As for the flyer, well, wanting to be a flyer may have been trigger, but cheer wasn't responsible for the disorder itself. Her trigger could just have easily have been dance or gymnastics or volleyball or a comment from a friend at a sleepover. In her mind that the time she probably wanted to blame cheer, and it was inflammatory (and therefore "good") for the show.

Back