All-Star Cnn's Cheer Segment Posted

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I do not know this Juliet person, but on here I would say everyone has been civil. From relating to the layperson I think following a central athlete makes the most sense. While 'we' (the cheer community) can follow a team and know how intricate it is, to people we are trying to convince this is a sport need something a bit easier to follow. I actually enjoyed the segment quite a bunch.

Im really upset with how some CHEERLEADERS are responding to this. If it were you on CNN do you think you would have everything written down perfectly on how to answer? Or would you be nervous in the spot light to? Maddie Gardner has been publicised to the max! Does she deserve to be mocked for this?! She is bringing a positive light to our sport like never before, can't we just be happy for that? They chose Maddie for a reason-she's not only well spoken on camera, she's known by US all over. I think we should give her a break. She never asked to become some famous cheerleader-she become a cheerleader because it's what she loves, just like us. She didn't write the CNN script or edit it. She can't help what they say about her. Let's give the girl a break and a job well done.

I understand what you guys are saying about the whole "I thing", but I think Maddie is a team player and knows that it's about the entire team. She even said in a 2 x 2 video that it was like Jenga and if you take one piece of the tower out the whole things comes tumbling down ( or something like that :p ) You just have to remember that when you are being interviewed and put on the spot like that, it's harder than it looks. I think Maddie did an outstanding job! IMO

On a happier note- atleast we can all find SOMETHING postive to say about the segment. It's a step in the right direction I think :) and I must admit I spilled my mountain dew because I got so excited when I saw a glimpse of the RAYS!!! :rays:

Maddie is a beautiful girl inside and out, and there's no one in this country that I'd rather see representing our sport to the world on a popular news channel. I'm thrilled for her, how she represented herself, and how she represented cheer extreme.
Couldn't agree more. I knew I loved you for a reason. =)

It was great to get to see All-Stars shown in it's true form. Maddie didn't call up CNN and say hey follow me cause i'm the star and i'm the only one that matters. She is just a normal young lady who has excelled at her Sport and become well known for it. I thoroughly enjoyed the segment and couldn't be more pleased. Bottom line is NO MATTER WHAT you can NEVER please EVERYONE! :)

Back