All-Star Coach Has Affair With Girl On Senior Team, Would You Let Your Child Cheer Their?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

xtremeteal4life
Veering off topic with you. I would actually be glad to be able to buy any type of alcohol in one place. That is not the case in PA.

State Stores sell wine and liquor only. If you want beer, hard cider, coolers, etc. those are sold somewhere else. Distributors sell cases and kegs of alcoholic beverages along with soda. If you only want a six pack, you can get that at some pizza or sandwich shops--but no wine there, only beer and coolers.

There are now some grocery chains like Whole Foods and Wegmans who have pubs in the lobby where you can get a six pack or a growler. I don't know if they sell wine, though.

xtremeteal4life
Veering off topic with you. I would actually be glad to be able to buy any type of alcohol in one place. That is not the case in PA.

State Stores sell wine and liquor only. If you want beer, hard cider, coolers, etc. those are sold somewhere else. Distributors sell cases and kegs of alcoholic beverages along with soda. If you only want a six pack, you can get that at some pizza or sandwich shops--but no wine there, only beer and coolers.

There are now some grocery chains like Whole Foods and Wegmans who have pubs in the lobby where you can get a six pack or a growler. I don't know if they sell wine, though.
How would you feel about not being able to buy any at all? I.E.- the "dry" cities/villages in AK? It's against the law to sell, purchase, AND/OR POSSESS any type of liquor, beer, wine, etc. either store bought or homemade (and I'm not talking about moonshine either- I'm talking about some really nasty fermented yeast stuff) All illegal in many villages in AK, regardless of age.

Or how about when I lived in Hilton Head and they didn't have a "free pour" law there which means that if you order a long island ice tea, you're charged for every single mini bottle that goes into the drink. Same w/shots w/multiple types of alcohol. All mini bottles. No big liquor bottles of any kind when you go out for a drink. (I don't believe it's the same). Oh, and no "after hours" on Sat nights bc that's technically Sunday and no alcohol allowed to be sold on that day (as well as some other states, which I've seen fairly commonly-but not the "no free pour law"). Granted, I believe that's changed since then (bc I live there from 2000-2002), but still pretty harsh. And if you sold someone underage (even unknowingly) any alcohol they could (and did) take away your drivers license (I'm talking waitresses, bartenders, store clerks, etc.)

I had to gently let non-locals know that their long island ice tea would be $20+ dollars bc they had to charge for every single mini bottle of liquor that goes into it.

Alcohol laws of South Carolina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But the "dry" villages in AK are very much still a reality (and will probably get worse over time as long as the rates of all the terrible stats of the state continue to rise and/or don't decline)

How would you feel about not being able to buy any at all? I.E.- the "dry" cities/villages in AK? It's against the law to sell, purchase, AND/OR POSSESS any type of liquor, beer, wine, etc. either store bought or homemade (and I'm not talking about moonshine either- I'm talking about some really nasty fermented yeast stuff) All illegal in many villages in AK, regardless of age.

But the "dry" villages in AK are very much still a reality (and will probably get worse over time as long as the rates of all the terrible stats of the state continue to rise and/or don't decline)

I'm not aware of any dry towns in PA. OCNJ, where we vacation in the summer is dry, but possession/consumption is not against the law, just the sale of alcohol. The biggest downside is that the restaurants in town pretty much stink. There has been a movement by the business community to allow BYOB in restaurants, but it was voted down last year.

Could I live in a completely dry town? Probably. If I could go out to dinner the next town over once in a while. It's not really a big deal to me. A glass of wine can be a really nice thing, though!

So, it's a little bit difficult to discern the details.
Things that are crucial in making a decision on this are not clear:
Ages
Did he actually coach the girl?
If he did, did the affair occur during his coaching of her?
Did the affair occur after he had already moved to another gym?

Dating a consenting adult who used to cheer at a gym that you used to coach at, not so bad.

Having an affair with a 12 year old that you're currently coaching, you should be in jail.

This. I would have no problem keeping my child at her gym, there are just too many unknowns to pull her out and go to another gym based on unsubstantiated rumors about one coach.

I'm sorry, but why on Earth would any coach even be willing to risk it? Like there are over 6 billion people on this planet and you chose someone who morally is off limits to you. You've got a wife and kid as well. Is it really going to be that beneficial to you to have a relationship with one of your athletes? I just don't see how the reward can outweigh the risk in this situation. I wish people would use their brains before they made ridiculous, unnecessary decisions.

Nope..Alaska's like that. Was 16-17 yrs ago when I lived there and still is. ALL alcohol must be purchased in a "liquor" store, whether it be beer, rum, wine cooler, etc. Not in the grocery store, not in Wal-Mart, not at a gas station...only a liquor store. AND if you're young and they see people out in the car, they can (and will) come out and card everyone in the car and if anyone isn't of legal drinking age they cannot/will not sell you any alcohol even if you're 21. Also, you have to be 19 to purchase cigarettes there AND clubs that serve alcohol cannot allow anyone under the age of 21 to enter (like most of the other states I've lived in including here, they let you in clubs, but w/o a bracelet or stamp, etc. you cannot drink). They also have completely "dry" villages in some of the more remote towns in AK. Like it's completely illegal to possess any alcohol in any way, shape, or form- including homemade.

with the exception of dry towns/villages... all of these laws are also true in NJ. Cigarettes are 19. alcohol is only sold in liquor stores. They've also carded people with me at liquor stores before, even if they weren't buying anything.

there's an occasional nightclub that allows girls in at 18, though (sexist - why can't 18 year old boys attend? just provides more choices for the drunk 21+ guys to try to hook up with. cool. end rant.)

it's been quite a while since i've learned the consent rules... but my high school actually had police come out and give a lecture on it. At 16/17 you could only consent to someone up to 4 years older than you. Though you could never consent to anyone with authority over you (principal, teacher, police, coach, substitute teacher, etc.) (there was a student-substitute teacher issue going on, which is why the police came to present)

remember those clubs i mentioned that let girls in at 18? it's a whole new ball game when the 18 year old senior girls in HS are going to clubs, seeing their 21+ teachers there and partying with them. disaster waiting to happen.

We left our last gym for this very reason. After confronting the gym owner with our well documented suspicions she decided to side with the coach (who was not a paid employee but a parent volunteer) and demonize us to discredit us. We and the only qualified coach in the gym left and went down the street to the evil for-profit gym she had also demonized for years. Our suspicions were verified when that wonderful parent/coach left his pregnant wife for that athlete who is 15 or so years his junior. On the plus side, that demon gym is a far better fit for our family. My son will be competing in his second Worlds this month and my daughter has no more room for backpack, hoodies, and jackets. The caliber of coaching has taught them the value of hard work.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Back