All-Star Coaches Tattoos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 5, 2010
Parents, Fellow Coaches, & Gym Owners,

How do you HONESTLY feel about tattoos? As long as the coach is doing an adequate/exceptional job on their part, does it make it a difference on your part? I'm young, I'm a millennial. I currently have three, wanting to expand but seeing that only one is visible and thats only when I hit a high V, does it impact my validity? Looking for all responses. I'm not planning on getting a pentagram, or something completely crazy and outlandish, just something that means a great deal to me. I just don't want the fact that body art/modification would take away from the work and experience I put into my teams.

With the exception of face and some neck tattoos as long as not obscene or overly graphic. I don't have an issue. It is not something that affects your ability to do your job.

Something about face tattoos, think lizard man, and some neck tattoos like lips or sloppy words/names on that I don't like.

**Don't be silly, it's only sandbagging when OTHER teams do it.**

I train with coaches and athletes who have tattoos. It's their bodies they can do what they want with it and I find it sweet if they actually mean something.

Like a family members name or a symbol of a close friend that has passed away

I have tattoos and am coaching minis to seniors - never had trouble. I think (hope) the parents care more about the way we coach and not the way we look.

Sure there are tattoos i won´t accept for my coaches, like racist or unappropriate. But right now, we are good - and i´ve never heared a kid say: Mom, i wan´t a tattoo because coach Lucy has tattoos :D

It depends on what the tattoos are, how many there are, and how visible they are. I'll admit that when I see multiple, extensive tats my first instinct is caution towards that person. That comes from personal experience, though. It will take me longer to warm up to that person but I can give a fair chance.
In the conservative area that I live, many would side-eye that person and may think negatively of the person simply based on appearances. You really need to know your audience.

How do you HONESTLY feel about tattoos? As long as the coach is doing an adequate/exceptional job on their part, does it make it a difference on your part? I'm young, I'm a millennial. I currently have three, wanting to expand but seeing that only one is visible and thats only when I hit a high V, does it impact my validity? Looking for all responses. I'm not planning on getting a pentagram, or something completely crazy and outlandish, just something that means a great deal to me. I just don't want the fact that body art/modification would take away from the work and experience I put into my teams.

Take a look at John Cronin. (Tumbling coach at Cali Allstars). No one has ever questioned his tattoos. Why? Because he knows what he's doing, he's well respected, and tattoos just aren't that big of a deal these days.
And I'm a pretty conservative mom!

Omg worlds are colliding! That just doesn't fit the mold of Marion the Linrarian! Lol

Yep. I'll never say that I like tats or body piercings in general...but it doesn't stop them from doing their job well, in one of the most stereotypical professions ever

Hey now :D

Back