All-Star Coaches Tattoos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I could never get a tattoo because I'm the most indecisive person ever. I never got stickers at the dentist when I was little because I would never take them off and stick them anywhere because I couldn't handle the idea of them being permanently stuck somewhere [emoji23] that and I'm a wimp.
But, I'm weirdly sentimental and I really love tattoos that mean something. I've never understood the practice of getting tattoos just because. I feel like if I'm gonna permanently ink my body it dang sure better be special to me. And I respect tattoos more when they have meaning behind them, but that's just me.
Anyway, I have very southern, conservative, religious parents and neither of them think twice about people with tattoos, for what it's worth. As long as it's not any of the aforementioned bad types. And spell-checked. (I went to high school with a guy who got a long quote on his upper arm and they spelled afraid wrong...)

That's so funny about the stickers!!! I was the same way as a child... That might be why I didn't get a tattoo until I was 30 and then I was a bit hooked after that... And because I'm so indecisive and sentimental, every tattoo I've gotten has meant something to me.... whether a quote, my wedding rings with the engraving, my children's initials, my children's foot prints, flowers from my parents country, and so on. Every one special in its own way... now as for my own parents accepting my tattoo addiction lol yea not so much... they tolerate it but they don't "love" it lol... as for cheer parents, they've never had a problem, actually they loved when they got to see a new one depending what I was wear (example: one day I took my heavy sweater off, had a tank top underneath which I forgot had a low back, suddenly had parents whistling jokingly and then gasps of omg thats beautiful didn't even know u had that - it was my son and daughter's foot prints on my back with a latin inscription... after that day it was a guessing game of where's the other one, and guessing how many I had lol... all in fun!!) ;):shimmy:

I was only asking because there are a few aspects I'd like to add to one of mine. I have one on the side of my hand, one on the inside of my ankle and one on my foot. So most of the time, people hardly notice I have one at all! I just wanted to add onto the one on the side of my hand, I have a million ideas to 'flower' ;) off of it.

wow I hate myself for that pun.
I'd caution you against expanding the one on your hand, depending on where you may want to work (other than cheer) in the future.

Cp3's coach this year is a very tall, mostly made of muscle and covered in tattoos. He's also the best coach she's ever had and probably one of the best coaches I've ever seen. He's a tattooed teddy bear; great attitude, kind, knowledgeable and a really gifted teacher. As long as the tattoo isn't inappropriate there isn't ever going to be an issue in my books, same goes for clothing. (That being said, I would be wary of getting your hands/head tattooed since that can impact your ability to get another job, if you ever choose to pursue a different career path.)

I personally have a fairly large tattoo on my wrist/ forearm and I have been judged by some parents for having it. It is something very sentimental for me because it is for my brother that passed away. I have also gotten turned away for a coaching position for having it. I live in a very religious area and people are extremely judge mental. There was a parent at a gym that I worked at that wouldn't speak to me. I finally went up to her one day and was speaking to her about her daughters progress and how proud of her that I was, she slowly started talking to me then said, sorry I didn't mean to be rude but I almost didn't want you coaching my daughter because I thought you had a different personality. After speaking with her and telling her what my tattoo was for she was fine with it and me. But just depending on what you want and how large it is, you should be fine. Most people are used to the idea in this day in age. So tattoo away!

I personally have a fairly large tattoo on my wrist/ forearm and I have been judged by some parents for having it. It is something very sentimental for me because it is for my brother that passed away. I have also gotten turned away for a coaching position for having it. I live in a very religious area and people are extremely judge mental. There was a parent at a gym that I worked at that wouldn't speak to me. I finally went up to her one day and was speaking to her about her daughters progress and how proud of her that I was, she slowly started talking to me then said, sorry I didn't mean to be rude but I almost didn't want you coaching my daughter because I thought you had a different personality. After speaking with her and telling her what my tattoo was for she was fine with it and me. But just depending on what you want and how large it is, you should be fine. Most people are used to the idea in this day in age. So tattoo away!
Just out of curiosity, what is the tattoo..?

Just out of curiosity, what is the tattoo..?
I hope this works
21j4woz.jpg

I could never get a tattoo because I'm the most indecisive person ever. I never got stickers at the dentist when I was little because I would never take them off and stick them anywhere because I couldn't handle the idea of them being permanently stuck somewhere [emoji23] that and I'm a wimp.
But, I'm weirdly sentimental and I really love tattoos that mean something. I've never understood the practice of getting tattoos just because. I feel like if I'm gonna permanently ink my body it dang sure better be special to me. And I respect tattoos more when they have meaning behind them, but that's just me.
Anyway, I have very southern, conservative, religious parents and neither of them think twice about people with tattoos, for what it's worth. As long as it's not any of the aforementioned bad types. And spell-checked. (I went to high school with a guy who got a long quote on his upper arm and they spelled afraid wrong...)
Those tattoos crack me up. It's like, someone's mistake is now on your body for everyone to see!

Honestly would could caution you with tattoos that are directly visible. Only for the reason that if you want a job outside of the cheer world, many companies do not like it especially in the corporate world. (But then again in the corporate world, facial hair for men is seen as a no no :rolleyes:) But if you are going to stay in the cheer world, I don't see it as a problem as long as it isn't offensive.

Living and working in the most populated city in the country, and coaching athletes who are all over 16 may have an effect on this. But I've never experienced even a side-eye for my tattoos. I've met most of the girls mothers between competitions and football season, and they don't even bat an eye. Mind you, I'm also always in khakis and a polo, so the majority are covered, as they're on my torso.
Mostly I get questions about what they mean, or how old I was when I got them done.

It hasn't affected me in my workplace, but my grandmother recently hollered, "you've made yourself so ugly!" Keep on rocking, grandma.

The day someone says something negative, or it looks like they might affect my job in any way, I'll forever be in long sleeves. I love them, but understand not everyone else necessarily does.

Back