College Cheer Tryouts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 26, 2012
Im trying out for College cheerleading (University of Nebraska)
And the college made a rule so they cant stunt and tumble:(
But its important for jumps and high kicks( like a kick line)
And any advice to have more jump flexibilty? ( Toe Touch R/L front hurdler)
And my kicks Higher?
My hurdlers are really bad but no matter how much i stretch the front leg wont get higher
any special stretches?

There are a good handful of "ground bound" schools across the nation.

Work on hip flexor strength. Check out the jump stretching and conditioning info on fortheloveoftumbling.com and search Gabi Butler's stretching videos on YouTube. Good luck at tryouts! Stretch every single day, maybe with one rest day per week.

I always had god awful jumps and then I started using ankle weights. Some coaches hate them but they helped me alot. Just do your jumps with them on all the time and when you take them off you'll be amazed at how high they are. I also walk around with them on all day before tryouts and take them off at the last minute before I go out there so then they look good. But that's just me... Haha.

I always had god awful jumps and then I started using ankle weights. Some coaches hate them but they helped me alot. Just do your jumps with them on all the time and when you take them off you'll be amazed at how high they are. I also walk around with them on all day before tryouts and take them off at the last minute before I go out there so then they look good. But that's just me... Haha.
This. ^ ankle weights seriously work wonders. I wish my old coaches would've made us use them because my jumps (however bad they might be), are much better than they were at my old gym!

Back