OT Colleges :)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I went to Endicott in Beverly, MA for Sport Management (loved it, ps!), however they have a great Athletic Training program as well. (Side note: our internship program is topnotch and one of my classmates is actually working with the Pats for AT!) One of my best friends just graduated from UMass Lowell for Physical Therapy. He's starting his 3 yr Doctorate program there in the fall, as is one of my coworkers. It's A LOTT of work, but if you love it, it's totally worth it! My coworker got her undergrad from UNH for PT which she loved as well. My manager's husband studied Sports Medicine (I forget where, sorry!) and then went back and got his doctorate in PT. He's since opened his own business that's a PT place, but simply for athletes or sports-related injuries.

Long story short, I think it really depends on what you want to focus on. Athletic Training and Sports Medicine are the most similar, where you'd be working primarily with athletes. Whereas with PT you could focus on a rehab setting, dealing with elderly, or those who have been in accidents and the like. As far as schools, I'd suggest UML (city area, state school), UMA (rural, definite college town, state school as well), or UNH (somewhat rural, can be more expensive if you live in MA), depending on what type of school you're looking for. They all have great programs, as well as internship/networking opportunities. If you'd like more info I can get you in contact with any of the above people. Hope this helped a little bit at least. Good luck!
Thanks! I actually REALLY want to go to Endicott! How do you like it?

How did everyone figure out if they wanted a big vs small school, in the middle of a big city, a not-so popular campus or a really known school? Just getting an idea for when I really have to make decisions! :)
For me it was all about the tours, I had it narrowed down to two schools, Appalachian State and then, UNC Charlotte. When I toured Charlotte I really didn't like the campus what so ever, to spread out and just not what I was looking for. But when I toured App I fell in love, it was a beautiful campus, and it wasnt to small or two big. Another thing that I realized after starting school was that I find it alot harder to not only focus in bigger classes but to stay motivated to go, and luckily more of Apps classes are smaller so thats a good thing for me!

@cheeeeer93 @live2cheer10 AHHH that makes me so happy! What do you want to go for? I absolutely loved, loved, loved it there. They have orientation there this week and following their twitter updates has made me really depressed haha. I fell in love with the campus the summer before my freshman year of high school when I went there for a field hockey camp. I decided I was going there right then and there, even though I had no idea what I wanted to study. The campus is absolutely amazing, it's very small, which is what I was looking for, and the 3 private beaches are just phenomenal. I mean, how many other schools have classes on the beach? :D

Besides that aspect, the programs are very strong. Not sure how much you've looked into it, but the requirement for 3 internships is definitely a huge help once you graduate! It helped me narrow down what I didn't want to do verse what I did, and it looks great on your resume! As I've been interviewing for 'real' jobs, a lot of employers are impressed with the fact that I've had experience in the field. All of my professors have been very, very helpful throughout my four years and even now, a year later. I'm looking at grad schools and it's been very easy to stay in touch with them as far as getting recommendations and advice on schools and programs. I attribute this to the small class size, and being able to connect with my professors on a 1-1 basis. I think the biggest class I had was about 27 people? This also makes it easy to get to know the kids in your major, and makes for great networking connections after graduation!

The dorms are so great also. (Sorry I'm writing a novel, just so in love with the school!) I had great housing all four years, which I'm sooo thankful for. Freshman and Sophomore year I lived in Stoneridge then Bayview, and then Junior year I was in the old townhouses (Williston) and then new townhouses (Woodside) Senior year. All of my roomies are some of my best friends now and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. My jr/sr year roomies and I are also very close with our RD we had both years, which definitely helped us when it came to parties haha. She lives in Williston with her husband and 3 adorable little children. Two of my roomies babysat them and they actually ended up being in one of my roomies weddings recently! Clearly I could go on and on, but I'll stop here haha! PM me if you have anymore questions!

Bumping this.. any seniors been on visits so far this summer?!

I've gone on several so far- Georgetown, UPenn, Princeton, Columbia, and MIT. I loved Georgetown and Columbia. Georgetown has a really closed campus feel, but it's in the middle of Washington DC, so you always have the opportunity to go out into a vibrant city if you want to. Columbia didn't have as much of the closed campus feel, but it was still beautiful and it's in the middle of Manhattan! I probably would have liked Penn a lot more if they hadn't been doing a bunch of construction. Princeton had an absolutely gorgeous campus, but the students there have a very unique attitude and work ethic that probably wouldn't be the best fit for most people (myself included haha). MIT was really cool, but it is a technical school, so if you're not a hard core science/math person, you would not fit in at all haha. I'm visiting Brown next week and I'm really excited about that one, and I think I'm seeing Boston College next week, too. And right now I'm doing a summer program thing at Harvard and everything here is incredible- terrific campus, terrific city, basically terrific everything haha.

But... I really need to go visit colleges that I actually have a good chance of getting into, though haha. Everywhere I've gone so far is super selective!

I've gone on several so far- Georgetown, UPenn, Princeton, Columbia, and MIT. I loved Georgetown and Columbia. Georgetown has a really closed campus feel, but it's in the middle of Washington DC, so you always have the opportunity to go out into a vibrant city if you want to. Columbia didn't have as much of the closed campus feel, but it was still beautiful and it's in the middle of Manhattan! I probably would have liked Penn a lot more if they hadn't been doing a bunch of construction. Princeton had an absolutely gorgeous campus, but the students there have a very unique attitude and work ethic that probably wouldn't be the best fit for most people (myself included haha). MIT was really cool, but it is a technical school, so if you're not a hard core science/math person, you would not fit in at all haha. I'm visiting Brown next week and I'm really excited about that one, and I think I'm seeing Boston College next week, too. And right now I'm doing a summer program thing at Harvard and everything here is incredible- terrific campus, terrific city, basically terrific everything haha.

But... I really need to go visit colleges that I actually have a good chance of getting into, though haha. Everywhere I've gone so far is super selective!
You sound pretty smart! Hahah
I live like 5 minutes away from BC, and about 10 from Harvard. Both are beautiful!

ETA: I haven't gone on one visit yet....and I'm going to be a senior. :oops:

You sound pretty smart! Hahah
I live like 5 minutes away from BC, and about 10 from Harvard. Both are beautiful!

ETA: I haven't gone on one visit yet....and I'm going to be a senior. :oops:
I'm right there with you on the visit thing.....and I haven't taken my sat! :( there wasn't enough room on this waiting list we have to take it

I'm right there with you on the visit thing.....and I haven't taken my sat! :( there wasn't enough room on this waiting list we have to take it

Are you a rising Sr? Lol I know I took my SAT and ACTs each twice in my Jr year and then once in the beginning of my Sr yr just to have an extra score to chose from.

I still haven't visited anywhere! I'm starting to get really nervous cause I have no clue where I want to go :confused:

all of you rising seniors, please please please, also think about schools with a lot of majors if you decide to switch. Also, your first year, make sure the classes you take could be intro general type classes. because I spent the first two years taking a bunch of the easy ones that Pitt offered, but they don't transfer because they were so random and specialized to fit Pitt gen-eds. I decided to take a sci-fi class, and a vampire class to fill my cultural studies gen eds here, because i was told they were easy. But because they're so obsolete, they didn't transfer. For stuff like that, take like into to culture x studies, or something like that.

I started out at Pitt as a poli-sci/communications major, and changed my major to journalism and mass comm (which isn't really offered as actual majors here) the end of my freshman year, but had already committed for the next definitely semester, but stuck it out to finish my second year instead of switching mid year. I'm now 20 credits behind. I've spent this whole summer taking a full semester in ten weeks to get caught up, and I'm still going to have to spend either two semesters taking 18 credits, or two next summer as well, just so i can graduate on time.

please think about those things, because this sucks.

Back