OT Colleges :)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I got accepted into Pitt(technically I got deferred), UCF, Duquesne, Florida Gulf Coast, and UNC Charlotte. It ended up being between FGCU and UNC Charlotte. I ended up choosing FGCU because the campus is GORGEOUSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! I just got back from orientation and since I went to the first one I got all my classes to start after 10am and I have no friday classes. I can't wait to start! I might transfer to UCF after a year or two. I haven't decided yet. Thanks for asking though!

glad to see so many different people applying to schools, and getting into where they want to go. from what ive experienced i might actually be repeating some of what others said in this thread, but make sure you go where you want to go, and NOT where people tell you should go. everyone told me that my school Appalachian State in the mountians of NC was going to be to cold for me, not a big enough town for me, etc. But i still came here because I really felt like I was in love with the school, and now that im about to start my sophmore year here, and can say this is the best decision I've ever made. college is a huge investment, and jsut make sure your really going to love it where you choose to go before you decide.

How did everyone figure out if they wanted a big vs small school, in the middle of a big city, a not-so popular campus or a really known school? Just getting an idea for when I really have to make decisions! :)

How did everyone figure out if they wanted a big vs small school, in the middle of a big city, a not-so popular campus or a really known school? Just getting an idea for when I really have to make decisions! :)

the best way to decide is get a feel for all different types of campuses. go and visit a big city school, then go to the small private city school. check out the little rural college and the big college. by visiting very different schools that were close to each other in proximity, it helped me distinguish which schools could offer what and what i desired from a school.

in the end, i realized that i wanted that small school atmosphere but i wanted the big city life.

I would think about school right now and think about which classes you prefer...your smaller classes or the bigger ones with lots of kids. That will give you an idea. Additionally, think about when you hang out with friends. Do you prefer to go places where you know everyone (shoot for a small school), places where you know some people and not others (medium), or places where most people are new to you (big state school, here you come!). That should help you decide :)

@fabuloushailx3x and @PghxCheer2 - where were you guys accepted and what was your final choice?! You posted earlier in the thread, so I'm just curious how it all played out :)

I chose Providence College, its a really nice school with a beautiful campus and this year they are starting something new with the finance program where instead of taking electives you take more classes and can get your fsa, i think thats what its called, in just 4 years instead of having to go to grad school and end up making crazy money when you graduate so that sold me lol

I chose Providence College, its a really nice school with a beautiful campus and this year they are starting something new with the finance program where instead of taking electives you take more classes and can get your fsa, i think thats what its called, in just 4 years instead of having to go to grad school and end up making crazy money when you graduate so that sold me lol
Oh awesome!! I've heard really nice things about PC. Good luck and enjoy! :)

I would think about school right now and think about which classes you prefer...your smaller classes or the bigger ones with lots of kids. That will give you an idea. Additionally, think about when you hang out with friends. Do you prefer to go places where you know everyone (shoot for a small school), places where you know some people and not others (medium), or places where most people are new to you (big state school, here you come!). That should help you decide :)
Thank you so much!!! :D

Any of you guys know/had any experiences with any schools in MA/the Northeast area with physical therapy programs? A lot of schools around here have "Sports Medicine"-is that like the same thing/similar?

I went to Endicott in Beverly, MA for Sport Management (loved it, ps!), however they have a great Athletic Training program as well. (Side note: our internship program is topnotch and one of my classmates is actually working with the Pats for AT!) One of my best friends just graduated from UMass Lowell for Physical Therapy. He's starting his 3 yr Doctorate program there in the fall, as is one of my coworkers. It's A LOTT of work, but if you love it, it's totally worth it! My coworker got her undergrad from UNH for PT which she loved as well. My manager's husband studied Sports Medicine (I forget where, sorry!) and then went back and got his doctorate in PT. He's since opened his own business that's a PT place, but simply for athletes or sports-related injuries.

Long story short, I think it really depends on what you want to focus on. Athletic Training and Sports Medicine are the most similar, where you'd be working primarily with athletes. Whereas with PT you could focus on a rehab setting, dealing with elderly, or those who have been in accidents and the like. As far as schools, I'd suggest UML (city area, state school), UMA (rural, definite college town, state school as well), or UNH (somewhat rural, can be more expensive if you live in MA), depending on what type of school you're looking for. They all have great programs, as well as internship/networking opportunities. If you'd like more info I can get you in contact with any of the above people. Hope this helped a little bit at least. Good luck!

Back