OT Colleges :)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
College Fiercers: it's textbook time. Where do you get yours? I want to rent them to get them as cheap as possible, and would love some help trying to figure out how to go about them!:D

Amazon.com and half.com

My greatest accomplishment was the semester I spent $75 on books...and sold them back at the end of the semester for $350. Just make sure you're buying the right edition; buy as cheap as possible. I'd rather buy cheap and sell back than rent...and return.

Bringing back this thread. Anyone heard of Lenior-Rhyne University? They're in NC and I've been looking at all their stuff they've sent me and their website and thinking of applying. Anyone here go there/applied there/know someone who went/goes there or really just anything about them that would help?
My best friend goes there! It's around twenty minutes from my hometown. It's honestly in my opinion a really small school, but my friend loves it. They also have a all girl squad that competes in D2!

Bringing back this thread. Anyone heard of Lenior-Rhyne University? They're in NC and I've been looking at all their stuff they've sent me and their website and thinking of applying. Anyone here go there/applied there/know someone who went/goes there or really just anything about them that would help?

I was on their campus once...when my friend had to take the Praxis.... it seemed sad and desolate...like the complete opposite of the college I was attending at the time.. I've also been to the city twice (Hickory) and I didn't enjoy it.

My best friend goes there! It's around twenty minutes from my hometown. It's honestly in my opinion a really small school, but my friend loves it. They also have a all girl squad that competes in D2!
I was on their campus once...when my friend had to take the Praxis.... it seemed sad and desolate...like the complete opposite of the college I was attending at the time.. I've also been to the city twice (Hickory) and I didn't enjoy it.
Thank you! They kept sending me things in the mail so I thought "hey, why not apply?" They're even waiving the $35 fee. My plan is that if I get accepted I'll go visit and see what it's like.

College Fiercers: it's textbook time. Where do you get yours? !

When in school I rented from Chegg.com and purchased the books I needed forever on amazon.com . If you are strapped for cash and there is a really expensive book rent it from the library at school or go halfsies with a friend from class. When you get further into your studies talk to friends, many times you can pay upperclassmen for their old books. If the editions are different just ask the teacher if you can use an older edition, many times they will say yes.

For those of you new to school wait until after your first class to buy the books, many of them aren't needed and left on the list from previous profs.

I know several people that have gone/are going there! They're all told me it's a beautiful campus. The only thing I would tell you is it's really hard to get in. Comparable to UNC Chapel Hill.

I know several people that have gone/are going there! They're all told me it's a beautiful campus. The only thing I would tell you is it's really hard to get in. Comparable to UNC Chapel Hill.
Wow. I sent in my application today. They sent me a thing in the mail saying that if I got my application in by the 13th they'd let me know by the 20th. Hopefully all goes well!

They have a fairly high acceptance rate (in the 70's) and their retention rate isn't that great.

Just some things to consider when choosing a college TinyBlondie15. Maybe seek out some of their students on a social network and see how they like it.

They have a fairly high acceptance rate (in the 70's) and their retention rate isn't that great.

Just some things to consider when choosing a college TinyBlondie15. Maybe seek out some of their students on a social network and see how they like it.

It wouldn't let me edit... but my sister is a rising senior and is looking at colleges in the Southeast...and I am a librarian... so those two things have resulted in my researching every college in NC, GA, SC and FL

okay so i'm currently interested in:
-university of san diego
-loyola marymount university (california)
-university of oregon
-oregon state university
-pepperdine university (california)
-florida southern college
-stetson university (florida)
-ithaca college (new york)
haha such a variety of schools and locations, but, does anyone know anything about any of these schools? thanks! :)

okay so i'm currently interested in:
-university of san diego
-loyola marymount university (california)
-university of oregon
-oregon state university
-pepperdine university (california)
-florida southern college
-stetson university (florida)
-ithaca college (new york)
haha such a variety of schools and locations, but, does anyone know anything about any of these schools? thanks! :)
What majors are you considering? And if you're interested in more Northern schools let me know! I looked at a really big variety up here!

has anyone on here gone to UC Santa Cruz? I love that area and it's right around where my family lives (Salinas Valley). My only concern is out of state tuition.

College Fiercers: it's textbook time. Where do you get yours? I want to rent them to get them as cheap as possible, and would love some help trying to figure out how to go about them!:D

I'm just starting my first year, and my sister and a lot of my friends recommend to wait til the course starts to actually buy the textbook. A lot of times they didn't end up using it at all and were unable to sell it due to edition changes and such!

Back