OT Colleges :)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
What IS Common App? I've never heard of it. *ducks for cover*
It's basically an application that a lot of schools accept. It saves a lot of time filling out the same information over and over again. I applied to five schools (both state and private) and only one didn't accept it. A lot of people get stressed out by it but if you sit down and do as much as you can one night, get missing information from your parents/guidance counselors and fill that in the next night, ect. it's not too bad.

Opens up August 1st. Planning on being the first one to make my account and complete it!
I know I needed a lot of information for my common app from my guidance counselor. I opened mine the first week of October probably and had everything ready to go for early action applications at least a week in advance. Over the summer I'd really only worry about visiting schools!

Oh, tip! I visited schools all last summer and basically on the way home I would decide where I'd rank it in the bunch. It really helps to compare all the schools right after you leave. What did you prefer about the academics? What was different about the setting? I'd pretty much rank all of them and then add a new one into the mix each time. Just that mental list helped me weed out extra application fees!

It's basically an application that a lot of schools accept. It saves a lot of time filling out the same information over and over again. I applied to five schools (both state and private) and only one didn't accept it. A lot of people get stressed out by it but if you sit down and do as much as you can one night, get missing information from your parents/guidance counselors and fill that in the next night, ect. it's not too bad.

I know I needed a lot of information for my common app from my guidance counselor. I opened mine the first week of October probably and had everything ready to go for early action applications at least a week in advance. Over the summer I'd really only worry about visiting schools!

Thank you! Is there a certain website that you go to fill it out or do you get it from school?

Oh, tip! I visited schools all last summer and basically on the way home I would decide where I'd rank it in the bunch. It really helps to compare all the schools right after you leave. What did you prefer about the academics? What was different about the setting? I'd pretty much rank all of them and then add a new one into the mix each time. Just that mental list helped me weed out extra application fees!

I've been visiting schools, too. I have a tour planned for August 10th for UCF so I'll get my first REAL experience of it then.

I've been visiting schools, too. I have a tour planned for August 10th for UCF so I'll get my first REAL experience of it then.
Just in general, visit a wide variety of schools. I looked schools that were big, small, in the city, in the middle of nowhere, and religiously affiliated. You'd be surprised what you'd find out.
I'm actually going to be attending a school that I thought I would NEVER go to. Then I toured it and realized that the specific program I was accepted to was probably the best one I was accepted to when I thought it was the easiest school I applied to.

keep an open mind! Im attending Bowling Green State this fall. Originally I never had any interest what so ever in going there.. My dads side is all from there so he kept bugging me about applying. After I got accepted to my 3 original schools, I applied and also got accepted.. along with a $6000 scholarship so I started looking into BGSU more. Im going into exercise science which I found out they have a very good program for and I also found out that they have a pretty decent division 1a small coed (UCA) which I didn't end up trying out for :/ but I ended up falling absolutely in LOVE with the campus and decided on going to bowling green :)

We got the chance at the end of the year to look at it on a sample account the guidance department made, so I have a pretty good idea of everything on it that I'll need to fill out. I have my basic list of schools I want to apply to all set already and I plan on being done with my apps before October because I can't let them hang over my head or I'll go crazy haha. Now I just need to write my darn essay :(

We got the chance at the end of the year to look at it on a sample account the guidance department made, so I have a pretty good idea of everything on it that I'll need to fill out. I have my basic list of schools I want to apply to all set already and I plan on being done with my apps before October because I can't let them hang over my head or I'll go crazy haha. Now I just need to write my darn essay :(
Oh wow you're ahead of the game! Where are you applying? And what major?

Im alittle older than most on the boards and have been in and out of a local community college mostly due to military obligations but I got my acceptance letter into Our Lady of the Lake College yesterday. Its a small religious school but alittle difficult to get into. Nursing school here I come:D

I just graduated in May from Kent State in Ohio, in three years with my bachelors, and your mothers are all about to kill me but my advice is this: do not do what i did! As much as it was a great accomplishment, and I did get to have a good amount of fun with my friends, now that is it over, i regret all the times that I stayed in cramming because I took 21 credit hours. I am not telling you to fail out or do things that are unsafe, instead I am telling you to go to class, study regularly, but every once in a while, do the stupid things that you think you might regret, go out on a tuesday night, binge on pizza and dont care if you gain the freshman 15, make your 4 years memorable because never again in life will it be socially acceptable to do these things again. I am about to start graduate school at the University of Alabama, and instead of feeling like school, it is more like a job for young professionals - no sweatpants to class, your professors are like your boss, it is simply not the same. Make your 4 years memorable!

On another note, those who will not be cheering whether it is because you get hurt like I did, just dont want to, or dont have the skills for the team at your school, I strongly suggest that you look into greek life before you get to campus! The stereotype associated with greek life is not correct at 99.9% of schools, and it made my college experience complete. In my 3 years at Kent, my sorority raised over $45,000 for our foundation for womens heart health, and along side the greek community, over $100,000 for events like relay for life, and local charities. We were on extreme makeover home edition, played with puppies at orphans of the storm, sent goodies to nursing homes, it is a great opportunity to get involved and you make friends that you will never forget! Even if you think its not for you, look into it, and look into it before you go in August. They will definitely be advertising for recruitment, but being informed ahead of time can give you the opportunity to get recommendation letters (let me know if you need any, there are also girls in other sororities on the boards that will most likely do the same thing) and prepare for the big event. If your interested in greek life but dont know anything about it, send me a message and i can talk to you about it. I always joke and say sororities are where retired cheerleaders go but it really is a rewarding experience that I hope everyone gets.

We visited UCF in April and my daughter attended the stunt clinic. It is a beautiful campus and definitely our favorite so far!

We visited UCF in April and my daughter attended the stunt clinic. It is a beautiful campus and definitely our favorite so far!
I wanted to go to that stunt clinic so bad! One of the girls that was on our Varsity last year is going there and she loves it! I've been told by many how beautiful it is.

Back