OT Colleges :)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I agree with @cheeeer93.. Apply to the for sure college, the reach college and then a mix in between. I don't recommend more than 10 but definitely more than 3.

The out of state waiver is very difficult to obtain in some states. Oregon and California are examples of next to impossible. So check out the out the out of state waiver rules before you apply if money is a consideration and you are not sure you can obtain financial aid.
Remember you can change your mind and transfer later if you don't like your first choice. Be greatful for options. Many dont have them.
Good luck!

I applied to three as well. I had fully intended on applying to a few more--until I heard back from my first choice (which had rolling admission so I knew by October) and quit wasting my time. hahaha

Also, not sure how many people this truly applies to, but I just remembered it from four years ago...I know if you live in the state of Maryland, and whatever you're majoring in isn't offered at a Maryland state school, but it is in a Virginia state school, the VA school will give you in-state rates. (at least, that's what one of my best friends told me--she lives in MD and goes to VA Tech).

I applied to three as well. I had fully intended on applying to a few more--until I heard back from my first choice (which had rolling admission so I knew by October) and quit wasting my time. hahaha

Also, not sure how many people this truly applies to, but I just remembered it from four years ago...I know if you live in the state of Maryland, and whatever you're majoring in isn't offered at a Maryland state school, but it is in a Virginia state school, the VA school will give you in-state rates. (at least, that's what one of my best friends told me--she lives in MD and goes to VA Tech).
I have a friend from Connecticut who attends school in another New England college and also receives in-state because there isn't a school in Connecticut with her program.

Yes! I use this as well. I am from Virginia and I get in state tuition at WVU since my major isn't offered any where in VA. Actually, my dad strongly encouraged me (kinda forced me) to pick a major that would give me in state tuition, thankfully I have absolutely fallen in love with it. It's called the academic common market, at least in the southern-ish states. I know MD, VA, WV, NC, SC, GA all use it together, and there might be a couple other states. I think it's an awesome program and all you have to do is send an application to your home state and they will let your school know and you get the in-state rate for tuition. This has saved me almost $50,000, so if this applies to anyone here I would encourage you to look into it.

Here in SC it's called the academic common market. It includes GA, SC, Al, FL and maybe NC ( I could be wrong about the states). But my sister is using it to get in state tuition in Georgia

It's only offered in FL for graduate programs btw!!

Yeah I said I was probably wrong about the states. My sister scratched Florida State off of her list back in 10th grade, so looking to use it anywhere other than Georgia was never really a concern.

Yeah I said I was probably wrong about the states. My sister scratched Florida State off of her list back in 10th grade, so looking to use it anywhere other than Georgia was never really a concern.
Georgia has some good schools! She could always use it and claim residency for future years and use the HOPE program.

Georgia has some good schools! She could always use it and claim residency for future years and use the HOPE program.

Eh. I liked the school she selected when we toured it, but having gone through undergrad and graduate school already, I'm painfully aware that she's making a huge mistake by going (even with the instate tuition) and by selecting that major. She should go to one of the instate schools that she's been accepted to (and offered academic scholarship money) on top of the SC lottery money, major in something realistic and call it a day. I understand majoring in your dream field...but I also understand the job market and student loans.

College students! If you want 6 months free of Amazon prime PM me! You can get free 2 day shipping (including text books!!) and instant streaming which is basically like Netflix. I've used it this semester and it has been great! All you need is an @edu email address.. no credit card or anything. If you're interested PM me for a link and I get $10 back for each referral.

Deferred from UMass Amherst hahah awkwarddd.
So I've been accepted to 6, deferred/rejected from 1.

Deferred from UMass Amherst hahah awkwarddd.
So I've been accepted to 6, deferred/rejected from 1.
Deferred isn't always bad! I got deferred by my top choice last year and ended up getting in.. I didn't end up going because it was a really major specific school and didn't want to risk wanting to change my major. Just add things to your application if you can to hopefully increase your chances! For example, I submitted my applications in November and ended up taking an executive board position in one of my activities in December since someone dropped so I had a letter sent in to the school to help my application!

Back