OT Colleges :)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Bumping this up!! People are starting to hear back from schools, so post any good news you've received! Good luck to those still waiting for decisions!

11 acceptances so far! still waiting to hear from 6 schools.

accepted into
cal state san francisco
redlands university
chapman college
willamette
university of denver
u colorado at boulder
loyola university chicago
indiana u at bloomington
drexel
ithaca
u vermont

who else has good news?!

You guys who are applying to more than a couple schools are crazy! I only applied to 5 schools, and one was just to make my parents happy. I had to write 4 different essays which stunk! but my english teacher and me did them together so it could have been a lot worse.

Anywho, I applied to Pitt, Central Florida, Florida Gulf Coast, UNC Charlotte, and Duquesne University. The first school I heard back from was Pitt and it was a rejection letter. Go me! That was the one I did for my parents though, so I honestly could have gotten in and had the same emotion. I knew I wasn't going there in my mind. Then I got accepted into FGCU, UNC Charlotte, and Duquesne. I'm still waiting to hear back from Central Florida. I am so confused right now though. At first I knew I wanted to go to UCF, but now everybody's pulling me in completely different directions and I have no idea what to do. I'm really excited to look at UNC Charlotte though, so I think I might end up going there if I like it. I'm so stressed outttttttttttttttttttttttttt!

P.S. What's everyone thinking about majoring in? I'm majoring in nursing and then I want to eventually get a masters in some sort of specialty, like neonatal or anesthesiology.

I go to the University of Alabama, which is 10+ hrs away from where I'm from, Columbus, Ohio. That has had no affect on me whatsoever... I'm so happy to be here and I feel so at home. Couldn't imagine going anywhere else. That's how you'll know what school to pick. You'll visit the campus and know that you couldn't imagine going anywhere else. I highly recommend 'bama.

Roll Tide.

I am thinking about applying to the University of Texas for graduate school after I graduate in December. They have a full time two year graphic design program that seems like it would help me develop more skills. Plus it would be easier to get an internship in Austin with a firm and possibly a job!

I'm 1 for 1 for acceptances so far...still waitin' on 8 more. Duke and Vanderbilt are my top 2 right now. Fingers crossed.

Tribeboy, that sounds AWESOME! Austin is my favorite city in the world. I really wanted to apply to UT Austin but decided against it...I knew I could never go to school with 50,000 other kids lol. Good luck :)

Pgh, I want to major in math, possibly double or minor in physics. Would consider engineering (only if I end up at Texas A&M) but that's not exact something people dive into if they're unsure...lol.

11 acceptances so far! still waiting to hear from 6 schools.

accepted into
cal state san francisco
redlands university
chapman college
willamette
university of denver
u colorado at boulder
loyola university chicago
indiana u at bloomington
drexel
ithaca
u vermont

who else has good news?!

I can't believe you applied to 17 schools! I applied to ... 3. Though none of them were really reach schools.

I'm already in college, but just to put my two cents in for those of you who are still deciding...and this might sound really obvious and you're gonna read it and be like "uhhh yeah I know" BUT...definitely choose the school that you REALLY REALLY want to go to, the one that you have your heart set on and you know that for your own personal reasons that you'll be very happy there. I personally chose a school because they gave me the most scholarship money, but I had zero friends there, hated the campus, and hated the school to be honest. But I thought I'd be helping out the folks by going there and thought I could make it work but it definitely wasn't going to. Long story short, I left there after a week to avoid financial deadlines and what not, but it made my life veryyy messy. So, go where you REALLY want to go and not for some outside reason. And there's nothign wrong with following your friends if that's what will make you happy cus everyone says not to do that, but I personally didn't want to leave mine behind, so now I'm going where they go :) (plus it's a better school anyway and I wanted to go there from the beginning) Good luck everybody!!

As an opposing viewpoint, I also went to my college because it was going to be the cheapest and I absolutely loved it. And it ended up being the best choice for what I wanted to study in college anyway. If your first choice school is going to leave you with massive debt - it might not be the best choice. Those loans just seem like a number now, but when you've just graduated and you owe $400/mo in school loans and you're still looking for a job and have no money, you might regret it.

P.S. What's everyone thinking about majoring in? I'm majoring in nursing and then I want to eventually get a masters in some sort of specialty, like neonatal or anesthesiology.
i'm majoring in either psychology or english. and then i'll go to law school after.

I can't even imagine applying to 17 schools! Congrats on everyone's acceptances :)

I applied to 6 schools: UT Austin (Plan II), Baylor University, Trinity University, USC, William and Mary, and Middlebury College. So far I've only heard back from Baylor, but I was accepted (yay!). It was such a cool feeling getting that first letter and realizing, hey I'm going to college haha. USC is my first choice but I don't hear from them till April. Ugh, the wait is killing me lol.

USC as in Southern California or USC as in South Carolina? I've always wanted to go to U of Southern California, but that tuition is killerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I might do graduate school or something at UCLA when I get older, because I just love the whole "laid back enviroment" southern cali has! There's no other place like it in the world.

USC as in Southern California or USC as in South Carolina? I've always wanted to go to U of Southern California, but that tuition is killerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I might do graduate school or something at UCLA when I get older, because I just love the whole "laid back enviroment" southern cali has! There's no other place like it in the world.
ucla is amazing! i go to stay with my brother every so often and i absolutely love it. the town it's in, westwood, is a great place to hang out and LA has so much to offer. definitely recommend it to you!

as for those who are considering usc, i have to say it's not in a great part of los angeles.

University of Southern California, and yeah even though it's my top choice I'll only be able to go if I get lots of scholarship money. If that doesn't work out I'll be headed down to Austin for UT

Back