OT Colleges :)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Super excited to start the application process in August! Right now the schools that I'm definitely applying to are:

James Madison university
University of Delaware
Towson university
North Carolina state

I'm debating a few other schools and I'm probably going to apply to a couple of smaller ones. I'm going out of state :)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Trying to convince my mom to let me go to school in the UP. It's almost like being out of state but without the ridiculous tuition. The only downside is that it's 8 hours away... Ugh they need more roads in Michigan

Is there anyone here that's either attended or knows anything about SAGU in Waxahachie, Texas? It's a private christian university right outside of Dallas. I've really been looking into their education program recently..my aunt works there and she also just recently became the new cheer coach. I would have an opportunity to continue my cheerleading career if I went there, and I really can't pass that up! Anyone know anything about it??

Super excited to start the application process in August! Right now the schools that I'm definitely applying to are:

James Madison university
University of Delaware
Towson university
North Carolina state

I'm debating a few other schools and I'm probably going to apply to a couple of smaller ones. I'm going out of state :)

NC State is AMAZING. I decided last minute to not go, but it was my number one choice for years. The campus is beautiful, there is a ton going on, and academics are amazing. I would take a tour for sure, but I loved it! I'm still kicking myself for not going there!

Is there anyone here that's either attended or knows anything about SAGU in Waxahachie, Texas? It's a private christian university right outside of Dallas. I've really been looking into their education program recently..my aunt works there and she also just recently became the new cheer coach. I would have an opportunity to continue my cheerleading career if I went there, and I really can't pass that up! Anyone know anything about it??
A girl I used to cheer with went there her freshman year and was on the cheer team there, she really seemed to love it from what I heard!!

So i'm buying my textbooks right now.. Luckily my school has the two books I need for english for only $34 total, but my other three classes go for around $167, each... I'm looking at amazon right now and how trustworthy are some of these books? I mean, one of my pysch books are only $7...

So i'm buying my textbooks right now.. Luckily my school has the two books I need for english for only $34 total, but my other three classes go for around $167, each... I'm looking at amazon right now and how trustworthy are some of these books? I mean, one of my pysch books are only $7...

Search by the ISBN number. Make sure the editions are the same. Compare prices on half.com and rental places like Chegg. If the cost of renting is only slightly less I'd recommend just purchasing the book.

My sister's text books last week were $800. My family left the book store like WTF. The books for her computer science class were $170 and $150....conveniently written by the professor and ONLY available at the university BRAND NEW.

We were able to return her math book the next day because we found it on walmart.com (of all places) for nearly 50% cheaper.

She was also able to return 3 other books yesterday because the lady at the book store handed her the wrong books.

Search by the ISBN number. Make sure the editions are the same. Compare prices on half.com and rental places like Chegg. If the cost of renting is only slightly less I'd recommend just purchasing the book.

My sister's text books last week were $800. My family left the book store like WTF. The books for her computer science class were $170 and $150....conveniently written by the professor and ONLY available at the university BRAND NEW.

We were able to return her math book the next day because we found it on walmart.com (of all places) for nearly 50% cheaper.

She was also able to return 3 other books yesterday because the lady at the book store handed her the wrong books.
I like to use slugbooks.com. You can compare the prices of multiple different places at once.

Textbook prices are outrageous lol - 800 is around what my daughter's are now and that still isnt covering everything yet - Math and Chemistry - alone were like 200 each for the materials - they were package deals - I am guessing put together by the school/class as the ISBN numbers did not come up for any other sites - I only got the Humanities book for that class, and the teacher sent an email and said don't get anything yet at the bookstore because he has a cheaper way - there are a few supplemental items in the class also needed, which we didnt' get yet - so maybe she could return the book if not needed - who knows lol - English hasnt even posted anything needed for that class yet - so luckily she got 600 in advance purchase for the bookstore she could use, but - that didnt even cover it - I have yet found any of her materials she could rent cheaply - not for summer or now - maybe one day :) But hopefully it will all pay off in the end!

This is the new thing the schools are doing to counteract online sources for books. ALL of my books this quarter are special "assembled" by our university (or writen by our professors) editions that can only be purchased at the bookstore on campus. And then they feed us bs that it's to help us cut costs :rolleyes: ("Rather than have you buy multiple books, we've taken the chapters of each book that we like and put them together in one book.") Yeah ok. I've never had to buy multiple books - most schools just choose the one they like the best.

I average $800 per QUARTER (so basically half a semester - we have 5 quarters per year). Talk about WTF.

This is the new thing the schools are doing to counteract online sources for books. ALL of my books this quarter are special "assembled" by our university (or writen by our professors) editions that can only be purchased at the bookstore on campus. And then they feed us bs that it's to help us cut costs :rolleyes: ("Rather than have you buy multiple books, we've taken the chapters of each book that we like and put them together in one book.") Yeah ok. I've never had to buy multiple books - most schools just choose the one they like the best.

I average $800 per QUARTER (so basically half a semester - we have 5 quarters per year). Talk about WTF.

I think its a conspiracy - as I cant find anything outside of our school bookstore lol - nothing matches the ISBN numbers!

So I tried buying my math and english books online and it wouldn't take my card, so I jus had to drive to the bookstore and buy them and it was $30 more :mad::mad:
And HOPEFULLY my physc book I bought on amazon is the right one... If not, I mean it was only $20 but still..

I only rent my textbooks. I've NEVER bought books from our bookstore they're ridiculously expensive! Like @HeresAThought said you can rent them from Amazon, Chegg, eCampus, Half.com and they are sooo much cheaper! I would really look into renting online, one semester I got all 4 of my books for under $100 and they were 2011 and newer!

Back