OT Colleges :)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Can I just say how thankful I am for cheap books here?
We usually get tons of pp-slides to print out and then one book to buy and all of the literature as texts we only need to copy. My most expensive book so far was 40 Euros. Most are around 20 Euros.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I've had really good luck with abebooks.com . They had one book I needed for around $54, when the bookstore charges $122 for it.
Just make sure you search by ISBN.
Another possible option is to see if anyone from your school has a Facebook page devoted to buying/selling used textbooks.
Yes, abebooks.com is amazing. I wish I would have known about this in undergrad, my books were so expensive. My first semester of grad school, I have 13 books and I have to buy them because they are books you really need to keep for the profession and I spent $500 total using that site.

This is the new thing the schools are doing to counteract online sources for books. ALL of my books this quarter are special "assembled" by our university (or writen by our professors) editions that can only be purchased at the bookstore on campus. And then they feed us bs that it's to help us cut costs :rolleyes: ("Rather than have you buy multiple books, we've taken the chapters of each book that we like and put them together in one book.") Yeah ok. I've never had to buy multiple books - most schools just choose the one they like the best.

I average $800 per QUARTER (so basically half a semester - we have 5 quarters per year). Talk about WTF.

A lot of my professors do that too! And when you try and sell them back they're worth like five dollars. Buying textbooks is the worst and it's such a scam.

How much stock should I place in websites like studentsreview? I'm looking for MA programmes and as an international student it's one of the only places I can find opinions about colleges, but all it's done so far is put me off all my options!

Also, any international students have tips on you've funded graduate study in USA?! Not everywhere offers assistantships unfortunately!

A lot of my professors do that too! And when you try and sell them back they're worth like five dollars. Buying textbooks is the worst and it's such a scam.
Don't sell your books back to the bookstore! Your best bet is to sell them directly to a new student taking that class. They get a discount and you make more money.

Back