OT Colleges :)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I was able to live on campus my first year and after that an apartment was up to me if I wanted it. But there was free rent, free food, and free laundry at home. I chose to live there instead of paying $600 a month, only downfall is I have a bit of chores but I'll take it!
Now I commute and a semester costs me an average of around $300, sometimes less or more depending on the classes I'm taking (lab fees, technology fees, grass mowing fee, etc). My parents pay for that and I pay for gas plus most things school related like books, parking passes, and supplies. You just have to find the right school and do some math, I'm sure you can make it work!
Ha yeah. I've already done the whole two years of community college and commuting so I know what it's all about. I have to transfer to university this fall because I need to get my bachelor's degree. So I'm kind of forced to pay all that amount :(

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Fierce Board mobile app

Ugh someone in my year just got into an Ivy League school... While I barely got into the university with the highest acceptance rate in the state :/

Does anyone have any experience with being deferred to regular decision at an Ivy League? I'm not sure what supplemental things I should send before my decision comes in April. It's Yale if that helps

I promise you, your university education is what you make of it. A school's name/reputation does not guarantee an education, you do! Plus you're gonna save a whole lot of money :)
Very true! Although a lot of the kids in my school have the money to go anywhere they want, which is why we usually have an obnoxious amount go to Michigan... But I'll be happy at my school, I already toured campus and met the captain of their cheer team and she's super sweet and I can't wait to go :) Ahhh! Is it August yet??

I think it would be so hard to be a transfer since most people in your grade already know each other and all that.
That's what I'm about to deal with. I transferred back closer to home so I'll know these people but I don't really like them, part of why I left in the first place. And I'm not cheering so, I'm expecting to be a loner. And I learned that parking is horrendous. There are apparently 6x more students than parking places. Even though I have early morning classes it's recommended I get there over an hour early. So like 6:15 am.

That's what I'm about to deal with. I transferred back closer to home so I'll know these people but I don't really like them, part of why I left in the first place. And I'm not cheering so, I'm expecting to be a loner. And I learned that parking is horrendous. There are apparently 6x more students than parking places. Even though I have early morning classes it's recommended I get there over an hour early. So like 6:15 am.
That's why I'm glad I went some where not many of my classmates went to. So many people went to UW-Milwaukee I feel like it would have been a high school reunion everyday if I went there, and I really didn't like the school lol.

Does anyone have any experience with being deferred to regular decision at an Ivy League? I'm not sure what supplemental things I should send before my decision comes in April. It's Yale if that helps
I wasn't necessarily deferred from and Ivy League but I got deferred my one of the top schools for my major. I made sure the keep my grades up, sent in my first semester grades, got more letters of recommendation from my activity advisors as I had more things to add to my application (named captain of my cheer team and got elected secretary for a club). I'd honestly just kind of suggest to build on what you have and make it as strong as possible as opposed to adding random new things.

i would love to go to Baylor or TCU but tuition is so high.... maybe if i win Mega Millions i'll come join ;)

Baylor is my dream school BTW.
BAYLOR!!! SIC EM BEARS!

woooh if you have any questions about baylor pm me, i'm a current freshman there!!

That's why I'm glad I went some where not many of my classmates went to. So many people went to UW-Milwaukee I feel like it would have been a high school reunion everyday if I went there, and I really didn't like the school lol.
That's my former cp's issue right now. She does not want to go to the best state school because it is truly an extension of where we live. I know this is true because both dh and I graduated from there, although neither of us were from where we live now so it was different for us. I also think she doesn't want to go there because we went there lol but I'm still making her visit it and apply next year when she is a senior.

Back