OT Colleges :)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I got into south carolina! I was so shocked/excited because I'd received a letter from them a few weeks back saying they had to defer me until they saw my spring semester grades. That would've meant I couldn't have gone there because I would have already missed cheer tryouts and trying to make a decision mid may would have been way too stressful. But when I got back from NCA I got a letter saying I was in!

Congrats! I'm from Columbia and I went to Carolina for grad school

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got into south carolina! I was so shocked/excited because I'd received a letter from them a few weeks back saying they had to defer me until they saw my spring semester grades. That would've meant I couldn't have gone there because I would have already missed cheer tryouts and trying to make a decision mid may would have been way too stressful. But when I got back from NCA I got a letter saying I was in!
I go to USC! If you ever have any questions or want a tour of the things they don't show you on the official one, let me know! I'd be happy to show a fellow fierceboarder around!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Just paid my deposit to the University of South Carolina....now to begin the roommate search. Any tips on how to go about that etc.
Is there a Facebook group or page for freshman/incoming class? There was for mine and I found my old roommate from posting on there!

Just paid my deposit to the University of South Carolina....now to begin the roommate search. Any tips on how to go about that etc.
I went on my class' facebook page and posted a little paragraph about where I'm from, my major, what side of campus I wanted to live on, if I wanted to join a sorority, whether I'm morning person/night owl, clean/messy etc. and I got about 15 messages.

I went on my class' facebook page and posted a little paragraph about where I'm from, my major, what side of campus I wanted to live on, if I wanted to join a sorority, whether I'm morning person/night owl, clean/messy etc. and I got about 15 messages.
I just did this! and you probably got that many messages because your gorgeous!

Once I came to the conclusion that Michigan would be too expensive and too cold for me, I decided on FSU and was dead set on going there (and hopefully cheering) and now half way through my freshman year of college and will be filling out applications soon, I really don't know what I want :( I kind of want to make the switch to Acro & tumbling and go to Hawaii Pacific (used to live there).. Or even go to Univ of South Carolina.. Or even stay local, as much as I don't like the area and go to USF, where I have more of a chance to cheer.. Ugh I finally understand the pressure all my friends went through senior year..:banghead:

Once I came to the conclusion that Michigan would be too expensive and too cold for me, I decided on FSU and was dead set on going there (and hopefully cheering) and now half way through my freshman year of college and will be filling out applications soon, I really don't know what I want :( I kind of want to make the switch to Acro & tumbling and go to Hawaii Pacific (used to live there).. Or even go to Univ of South Carolina.. Or even stay local, as much as I don't like the area and go to USF, where I have more of a chance to cheer.. Ugh I finally understand the pressure all my friends went through senior year..:banghead:
You can always do what my dad did for me: he made this HUGE spreadsheet comparing all the schools I was looking at. It included everything like costs, distance from home, class sizes, dorm information (including do the dorms have carpets? And when were they last updated?) stuff about all rec sports (because of course I was gonna join a rec trench ball team --still not sure what that even is), cheer info, other sports info, basically everything. It was an easy way to view all the pros & cons of each school. I was dead set on going to Minnesota to cheer or Marquette because a lot of family went there (and I just love that school!), but when I compared the costs of them to the other schools I was looking at I found that Green Bay was just a better fit...and dorms had private bathrooms so I was sold!

You can always do what my dad did for me: he made this HUGE spreadsheet comparing all the schools I was looking at. It included everything like costs, distance from home, class sizes, dorm information (including do the dorms have carpets? And when were they last updated?) stuff about all rec sports (because of course I was gonna join a rec trench ball team --still not sure what that even is), cheer info, other sports info, basically everything. It was an easy way to view all the pros & cons of each school. I was dead set on going to Minnesota to cheer or Marquette because a lot of family went there (and I just love that school!), but when I compared the costs of them to the other schools I was looking at I found that Green Bay was just a better fit...and dorms had private bathrooms so I was sold!

How did you and your sisters all end up at the same college?

I've known several sets of twins (and met some in college) and they all went to the same college

I vaguely feel like I've asked/this has been mentioned before

How did you and your sisters all end up at the same college?

I've known several sets of twins (and met some in college) and they all went to the same college

I vaguely feel like I've asked/this has been mentioned before

Actually I don't think it's ever been asked lol. After my dad made the huge spreadsheet my parents basically said you have until this day to tell us where you're going so we can cancel the housing deposits of the schools you're not going to and get our money back.

I guess we all just liked GB the best, we didn't really talk about it all or plan to go to the same place. It just kinda happened. Made my parents happy though.

Wow! Maybe this is what my CP is waiting for in order to make her decision. There is one "wild card" school she has yet to hear from, it was s stretch but we wanted her to apply to a reach school just to see what happened. She has not yet been declined so we sent the mid year grades and watch the mailbox daily. It is just killing me that we don't have a decision yet. I'm the planning type, and feel she has had ample opportunity to make a decision, but she still has not done so. I know she is torn because the school that has her major as a direct entry BS/MS program is not her top choice. If she chooses this school it would be a mature decision, focused solely on her career, and sacrificing the campus she likes the most. Ugh, it's killing me!

Back