OT Colleges :)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Wow! Maybe this is what my CP is waiting for in order to make her decision. There is one "wild card" school she has yet to hear from, it was s stretch but we wanted her to apply to a reach school just to see what happened. She has not yet been declined so we sent the mid year grades and watch the mailbox daily. It is just killing me that we don't have a decision yet. I'm the planning type, and feel she has had ample opportunity to make a decision, but she still has not done so. I know she is torn because the school that has her major as a direct entry BS/MS program is not her top choice. If she chooses this school it would be a mature decision, focused solely on her career, and sacrificing the campus she likes the most. Ugh, it's killing me!

**Update-CP was offered a spot on the waiting list at her "reach" school. I don't think she is going to move forward, even did she did, I think chances are slim they will pull from the list. Historically they have taken very few, if any, from the list according to the statistics they provided in the paperwork. Selfishly I'm glad she isn't going there, it's much further from home & tons more $.
So-big decision, small school with guaranteed seat in a direct entry BS/MS 5 year program, or large University, with a football team, beautiful campus and just about everything you could want for four years, then grad school if this is still her career choice upon graduation. May be time for us to create that spreadsheet!

Anyone familiar with Northwestern? In case you can't tell, I have made absolutely no progress in making a decision between my schools.
I'm not too familiar with it, but the Evanston area is so nice, and the school is phenomenal. My friend's brother went there and he loved it. It is private so it's going to be more expensive, though.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

**Update-CP was offered a spot on the waiting list at her "reach" school. I don't think she is going to move forward, even did she did, I think chances are slim they will pull from the list. Historically they have taken very few, if any, from the list according to the statistics they provided in the paperwork. Selfishly I'm glad she isn't going there, it's much further from home & tons more $.
So-big decision, small school with guaranteed seat in a direct entry BS/MS 5 year program, or large University, with a football team, beautiful campus and just about everything you could want for four years, then grad school if this is still her career choice upon graduation. May be time for us to create that spreadsheet!
I say go for the big school

I say go for the big school

That is what my heart says. I went to a smaller school and it's my biggest regret even all these years later. She can always go to grad school, at least she will have a fabulous experience for the next 4 years. Although the PA field is so competitive, she will need to be on the top of her game to get into a PA program when it's time. Time will tell, we still have another month!

I'm still a freshman in high school but the advisory program at my school wants us to start narrowing stuff down now(which I guess will probably benefit me in the long run:)) anyways as much as I told my self I want to get as far away from my home town I've decided I can't and I want to narrow it down to the states of Oregon, Washington, California, and Idaho? Any good colleges any one can think of? (A bonus would be a great cheer program as well...(;)

I'm not too familiar with it, but the Evanston area is so nice, and the school is phenomenal. My friend's brother went there and he loved it. It is private so it's going to be more expensive, though.

Actually because it's private, they have been so generous with money. I'm glad to hear he liked it.

Any opinions on Vanderbilt? I need to decide between Vandy, Northwestern, and UNC in the next month. They're all the same price.

Have you visited them? They are all great schools with great reputations. I would research the degree program you are planning to pursue and then visit each. More than likely one will feel more like home and you will have your answer.

I found out my schools junior class has only 59% students who came in as incoming freshman left. They definitely lied when I asked them what their retention rate was....
I think retention rate may just be sophomore based? Also, they wouldn't advertise a low one anyway.

Have you visited them? They are all great schools with great reputations. I would research the degree program you are planning to pursue and then visit each. More than likely one will feel more like home and you will have your answer.

Thanks so much for your help! I have visited all three. I'm going to admitted student programs soon and hope to find my home!

Back