OT Colleges :)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I hate having multiple valedictorians. I don't know how it is at other schools but at mine it's not even prestigious anymore. One of the girls who got valedictorian at my school this year doesn't even have the minimum ACT to get into college. As long as you have a 4.0 though, you're in. Doesn't matter if you've cheated your entire way through high school :rolleyes:

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I hate having multiple valedictorians. I don't know how it is at other schools but at mine it's not even prestigious anymore. One of the girls who got valedictorian at my school this year doesn't even have the minimum ACT to get into college. As long as you have a 4.0 though, you're in. Doesn't matter if you've cheated your entire way through high school :rolleyes:

Really? Wow. I don't know what the requirements are but I know there are several, so even with a 4.0 you aren't guaranteed to be valedictorian. I'm pretty sure you have to take a certain number of AP/Honors and you may need some sort of letter from a teacher or something.

Really? Wow. I don't know what the requirements are but I know there are several, so even with a 4.0 you aren't guaranteed to be valedictorian. I'm pretty sure you have to take a certain number of AP/Honors and you may need some sort of letter from a teacher or something.
I'm from a really small town. Our average graduating class size is <100 kids. We've never offered any sort of AP programs, although there have been dual credit and honors classes for a while (they're not challenging though). Here, if you kept a 4.0 and took physics your senior year, you're in. This year there were 6!

I have a weighted GPA of 4.23, and like 20th in my class...but because some kids take more APs than me they can get a B (which is weighted as a 4) in an AP class and still be higher than me, who has never gotten a B on a report card...

how? in illinois it's required that you take it your junior year.
Not required to take to graduate in Florida and I'm in community college. I plan to transfer but my top choices don't require you to have ACT or SAT scores once you have your AA :)

I actually planned to take them but as soon as I found out I didn't need to I canceled my test date!

Our school is out of 4.0, and every honors or AP class you take weights your grade an extra .667 as long as you get a C- or higher. I have a 4.0 weighted but a 3.6 something unweighted. We only have one valedictorian (my best friend!) (who has taken so many AP classes and got straight A's her whole life) and co-salutatorians who got straight A's and one A- in an AP course in all of high school. My class is so competitive. I'm at 38/610 with a 4.0. We have one of the hardest grading scales in the state so it's tough to do well! So proud of my bestie:)

In my high school, our GPA was on a 5 point scale...but if you had classes that were honors or AP, those were bases on a 6 point scale and if you were in basic class, those were on a regular 4 point scale..very confusing. Finally a year or two after I was out of the school, they put everyone on a 4 point scale. So annoying.

In my high school, our GPA was on a 5 point scale...but if you had classes that were honors or AP, those were bases on a 6 point scale and if you were in basic class, those were on a regular 4 point scale..very confusing. Finally a year or two after I was out of the school, they put everyone on a 4 point scale. So annoying.
That's so weird. I always thought everyone did a 4 point scale, I had never heard of anything else.

That's so weird. I always thought everyone did a 4 point scale, I had never heard of anything else.

Yeah it was strange. Also made it hard to know your GPA for college applications since you had to get in computed on to a normal 4 point scale.

Yea I had never heard of that either. Although ours was on a 4 point scale our AP's were on a 5 point scale so an A was a 5.0. It honestly makes no sense to me that it's different everywhere, you would think it would be normalized to make it seem more equal for applying to college.

Back