All-Star Combining Divisions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Rudags

Two Time Defending Champion, Board Comedian
Dec 14, 2009
Between reading the rules on USASF and talking to some other coaches. Im officially confused. What is the rule with combining divisions.

Its my understanding that you can combine Large and Small teams (Example: CEA Senior Elite and Stingray Orange last year at Allstar Challenge)

Can you combine Coed and All-Girl? (Example: Brandon Senior Black and Stingray Orange)

It was my understanding that they would not combine all girl and coed divisions -at least in the senior level.
I'm pretty sure they will combine in the junior level (ex. junior level 4, junior coed level 4).

It was my understanding that they would not combine all girl and coed divisions -at least in the senior level.
I'm pretty sure they will combine in the junior level (ex. junior level 4, junior coed level 4).

This is what I thought as well. I know they will combine Coed and All Girl at lower levels. Im asking for Level 5. I thought you could not as well.

This is what I thought as well. I know they will combine Coed and All Girl at lower levels. Im asking for Level 5. I thought you could not as well.
I thought it was senior level 3 & up would not be combined. I dont see how it would be fair for an all girl to go against coed. the guys make a big difference in stunts, tumbling, etc.

yeah you can. at the Jamfest competition in Detroit they combined Senior Coed and all girl level 4 and they were going to do the same for level 3 until another coed team registered.

Jamfest also combined large senior 4 with large senior coed 4 in pittsburgh this season.

not sure how thats fair...especially at a jamfest event. I was just looking at the score sheets & coed teams are scored differently and can actually score higher.

Can anyone prove or disprove that you can combine Coed and All Girl Level 5 teams?

EPs can combine any divisions at any level.

Thank you for clarifying.

Wasn't there something a few years back at WCA Nationals in Nashville? I thought they lost their ability to give Worlds bids due to combining divisions they weren't allowed to? Or are the rules different for Worlds bid competitions?

Thank you for clarifying.

Wasn't there something a few years back at WCA Nationals in Nashville? I thought they lost their ability to give Worlds bids due to combining divisions they weren't allowed to? Or are the rules different for Worlds bid competitions?

Age restrictions still apply so there could be issues with combining Senior and International teams.

I thought they lost the bids for not awarding bids the way they announced they were going to.

We really need to change the mindset from combining division to splitting divisions. A team should register for an event assuming they are competing against every team of the same age/level combo until there are enough teams to split.

We really need to change the mindset from combining division to splitting divisions. A team should register for an event assuming they are competing against every team of the same age/level combo until there are enough teams to split.

I agree. Im guilty of losing they mindset sometimes though. Not ALL judges can judge a large and small team fairly. Also, if a Senior Coed team has Coed stunting on the scoresheet and an all girl does not, I find that a bit disadvantaged.

I agree. Im guilty of losing they mindset sometimes though. Not ALL judges can judge a large and small team fairly. Also, if a Senior Coed team has Coed stunting on the scoresheet and an all girl does not, I find that a bit disadvantaged.

Drop large and small and make all division max out at 24 people.

The scoresheets shouldn't take much to adjust.

Back