All-Star Comets And Cja

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I also think it's very important that you understand that the cheerleading program at NJCF was already having issues prior to the arrival of CJA. Many families and athletes had already made the decision to leave for a program not involved in this situation. In addition to this a few of the key coaches had already left or were planning to leave as well.

That is correct

That's the thing. If the CJA side believed there to be all these financial issues on the Comet side (why is their gym called something else anyway? threw me off, ha), it wouldn't make sense for CJA to agree to change the name to its own and run the all star program. If I'm interpreting the thread correctly, it sounds like there was a question as to whether or not CJA would buy the Comet facility or simply run the program. It's just a little odd to see a merger break down faster than it took to announce it! Maybe this was not well thought out on either side, and I'm sure both sides have probably interpreted this situation differently. But I'm not looking for answers to my questions, they were more rhetorical because I thought the thread was interesting, not because I need to know something that's not my business. :) Plus I don't want to instigate any further tensions between these two programs, that's not right. I do feel for the Comets families a bit, regardless of what happened behind the scenes on the business side with CJA.

Once again you present a question that has already been answered:

"This was not a merger. The Comet All Stars were to become CJA under the direction of Patty Ann. She did not buy nor was she interested in buying NJCF at any point and this was well known from day 1. The All Star program would become CJA however all gym tuition would continue to go to NJCF. CJA was making zero $ off of this deal and were there to stabilize the cheer program for NJCF."

As previously stated many times by numerous posters this was not a merger. CJA took over the Comet All Star program with permission by the owner of NJCF. One very important thing you need to keep in mind is that the all star program and the facility are 2 separate entities. The plan was to continue to run a cheerleading program out of the NJCF facility as had been done in previous years with Comet All Stars. This would allow the NJCF owner (who is never present) to still operate the facility but without having to take on the additional responsibility of a cheer program that had become overwhelming. It's quite difficult to run a cheer program when you're unavailable to the families that need you however the facility could potentially run without being present on a regular basis because outside tumbling classes do not require the attention of management as often. I hope you are following so far. I'm a little confused as to how one can ask a question yet claim to not want the answers to those questions. The very fact that these questions are being asked and presented in a public forum would naturally instigate tension just a little intentional or not. I simply wanted to provide you with answers to those questions because whether it's your business or not you obviously are extremely curious to know.

Knowcheering many of your questions have already been answered in a previous post and you may want to read it again to clarify. It is an unfortunate situation however the tone of your posts seem to point the finger at the wrong person. Regardless of how you personally feel this venture should have taken place many of your points are simply untrue. There was no conspiracy theory by CJA and the decision to end the relationship was based on no longer wanting to be involved with someone who was being dishonest to it's clients and staff.

I also think it's very important that you understand that the cheerleading program at NJCF was already having issues prior to the arrival of CJA. Many families and athletes had already made the decision to leave for a program not involved in this situation. In addition to this a few of the key coaches had already left or were planning to leave as well. So honestly there is no blame that can be placed on CJA. The only mistake made was believing in someone who on the outside appeared to be all for this venture (and yes agreed to all 4/5's not being at NJCF) but privately already had their own ulterior motive. Please pull the wool from over your eyes. It is not that hard to see what really was going on and because PA saw what was going on she decided to discontinue her association with it so that she could focus on what really matters, creating a stable and fun environment that the families of CJA deserve.

well obviously your a coach or parent or something involved w/CJA so you obviously think they can do no wrong. It looks to me like both sides had faults in this issue. You can lie to yourself all you want and say oh no this is exactly how it was and tell other people that the rich guy wasn't at the meetings but were you? I'm sure unless you are patty ann herself that you weren't involved in these meetings either yet you come on here and sprout off facts that you've also heard second hand and are acting like CJA was just a completely innocent bystander that had nothing to do w/any negative aspect that happened whatsoever. Give me a break. Now maybe the fault was mostly that of the Comets owner but you are being truly naive and childish by trying to sit here and deflect any and all wrongdoing to another party. Like a kid getting caught red handed doing something going no mommy it wasn't me it was my sister. I've found through many experiences that people that have to try to defend themselves adamantly are usually guilty of something and your continued defense makes me highly suspicious that there is something going on. Again, I have no connection with either of the gyms, but the writing is on the wall. I understand it doesn't come directly from the gym owners themselves, but even the facts you've stated personally can place some blame for action on patty ann and cja but then when someone writes something about that you say no your question was already answered and try to undermine people and everything like that. Let the back down and put away your claws, you might not look so guilty.

haha duh it was to top of my game. haha, I didn't look higher to see who wrote the quote. obviously i'm a little guilty of being an idiot myself haha..

I would like to suggest to everyone to just cool down. Obviously, this whole situation is a bit of a mess. At this point, I don't think anyone has anything new to add...at least until either gym makes an official announcement. There are kids and families who are trying to make the best of this situation. I wish them (and their coaches) the best of luck as they decide what their next step will be. I know what I think about the whole thing, but at this point, I'm at a "wait and see".

I agree that everyone needs to cool off. The Fierceboard version of what's going on is a lot more dramatic and tabloid-worthy than the reality of what's going on, but isn't that the case with EVERYTHING on here?

I'm in no way trying to undermine the feelings of the parents who are affected by this, but the ones who seem to be the most vehemently upset or opinionated about this matter claim to have no affiliation with NJCF or Comets. How is that possible? And if that is the case, why don't we all just leave the arguing and disagreeing with those who ARE involved. Otherwise things get blown out of proportion or assumptions with an ounce of truth get passed around as the absolute truth.

I'm pretty sure imrichhowboutu made the announcement that Comets are back to being Comets, they will have a new business investor, and things will go back to the old way. There is really nothing else to make a grandeose announcement about so I'm not sure what anyone would be waiting for. What anyone outside of CJA or Comets thinks really is irrelevant, no offense. The people who have some decisions to make are the parents who have to take a next step and the NJCF staff who have options as well.

There is no point in trying to tell the truth on here because someone will always disagree with it. If you flat out lie, people won't believe it either. It's a lose/lose, but at the end of the day, if you're TRULY not affiliated with either, no one has to answer to you anyway.

You are absolutely right. No one has to answer to us at all. But that's the beauty of America and message boards. Freedom of speech and the right to voice our opinion. No one has made a push to have anyone "answer" to us. We are simply stating opinions due to the info we've been provided true or otherwise. You don't have to read or agree with our opinions but that's what a message board is for.

You are absolutely right. No one has to answer to us at all. But that's the beauty of America and message boards. Freedom of speech and the right to voice our opinion. No one has made a push to have anyone "answer" to us. We are simply stating opinions due to the info we've been provided true or otherwise. You don't have to read or agree with our opinions but that's what a message board is for.

Exactly. The great thing about the different opinions about message boards is more opinions provide more information to make educated decisions. Generally, you read thru them, decipher what information is relevant or not and take it for what it's worth. If they're not worth reading, you can ignore them. In the end, if you want to know the details about the gym, you're gonna there yourself and go right to the horses mouth and get it straight from them and decide for yourself anyway.

I'm a little confused as to how one can ask a question yet claim to not want the answers to those questions. The very fact that these questions are being asked and presented in a public forum would naturally instigate tension just a little intentional or not. I simply wanted to provide you with answers to those questions because whether it's your business or not you obviously are extremely curious to know.

I understand why a person directly involved with this (which it seems you are) may get very defensive and may even feel quite heated toward anyone here discussing it. To clarify, I don't mind if you want to answer my couple of questions, and I appreciate any responses to my posts... But I didn't really expect specific answers, or demand them (that would be weird, haha). I'm really not "extremely curious" (nor should I be). It's a public cheerleading board, and cheerleading related issues are often interesting to people who like the sport. :p People will formulate opinions (sometimes posed in the form of questions :)), but nobody here seems to be demanding any answers. I know you tried to make it seem like my questions were silly because they've already been answered, but there really was no answer as to why both sides proceeded with this when it was stated by you that a contract was drawn up but never signed (making it "unofficial"). It's not really a silly question. But I completely understand why someone directly involved with either of these organizations would not want to answer this or maybe isn't in a position to do so. I wish all the people affected by this well, especially the kids.

well obviously your a coach or parent or something involved w/CJA so you obviously think they can do no wrong. It looks to me like both sides had faults in this issue. You can lie to yourself all you want and say oh no this is exactly how it was and tell other people that the rich guy wasn't at the meetings but were you? I'm sure unless you are patty ann herself that you weren't involved in these meetings either yet you come on here and sprout off facts that you've also heard second hand and are acting like CJA was just a completely innocent bystander that had nothing to do w/any negative aspect that happened whatsoever. Give me a break. Now maybe the fault was mostly that of the Comets owner but you are being truly naive and childish by trying to sit here and deflect any and all wrongdoing to another party. Like a kid getting caught red handed doing something going no mommy it wasn't me it was my sister. I've found through many experiences that people that have to try to defend themselves adamantly are usually guilty of something and your continued defense makes me highly suspicious that there is something going on. Again, I have no connection with either of the gyms, but the writing is on the wall. I understand it doesn't come directly from the gym owners themselves, but even the facts you've stated personally can place some blame for action on patty ann and cja but then when someone writes something about that you say no your question was already answered and try to undermine people and everything like that. Let the back down and put away your claws, you might not look so guilty.

Kudos to you for figuring out that I'm involved with CJA, it was a huge secret wasn't it lol? I certainly understand that not everyone is going to agree or believe what has been stated however the truth is the truth no matter how much others may try to twist and turn it. Unfortunately unlike most I do not have to speak based on second hand information because I was there and in fact I was the person who initiated this venture between the two parties involved. So while you may not understand or approve of my involvement there is no denying that I was there and I know a lot more than you'd like to give me credit for. It is also a fact that Rich did not play a role in any meetings involving this entire venture and anyone who works at NJCF will tell you that. This is not and should not be about Rich by any stretch of the imagination. He is entitled to pursue his own goals. However when you take it upon yourself to misinform people as if you know the details of what transpired it's wrong on your behalf. You say that I am being naive and childish yet by the tone of your post it is obvious you're the one who is behaving that way. What is the displaced anger really about since you are not associated with either organization and this does not affect you at all? Clearly if the writing is on the wall you might need to get some thick glasses to see it a little better. You conveniently over look things that make perfect sense as to why this venture was a fail.

Interestingly enough you make a point a reference "a kid getting caught red handed doing something going no mommy it wasn't me it was my sister" however there is no way to get around the fact that if the kid did it he's guilty and that's exactly what happened in this case. The individual was caught red handed being dishonest to not only to clients but also to staff, and the person whom they committed to doing this venture with. So just the same as the situation you quoted "the sister cannot share the blame for something she had not done wrong when clearly it was the brother who was guilty" and neither will we.

I understand why a person directly involved with this (which it seems you are) may get very defensive and may even feel quite heated toward anyone here discussing it. To clarify, I don't mind if you want to answer my couple of questions, and I appreciate any responses to my posts... But I didn't really expect specific answers, or demand them (that would be weird, haha). I'm really not "extremely curious" (nor should I be). It's a public cheerleading board, and cheerleading related issues are often interesting to people who like the sport. :p People will formulate opinions (sometimes posed in the form of questions :)), but nobody here seems to be demanding any answers. I know you tried to make it seem like my questions were silly because they've already been answered, but there really was no answer as to why both sides proceeded with this when it was stated by you that a contract was drawn up but never signed (making it "unofficial"). It's not really a silly question. But I completely understand why someone directly involved with either of these organizations would not want to answer this or maybe isn't in a position to do so. I wish all the people affected by this well, especially the kids.

It's totally cool! And you are correct it is a public cheerleading forum so discussions regarding this matter are to be expected. I am not defensive by any means however I am inclined to answer some of the questions that have many proposed. Thank you for your well wishes! :)

The now owner of Comets and the NJCF became the owner at separate times. I believe the Comet Allstar program was started by a group of people. They were practicing in Old Bridge (i don't know where). The Comet Allstars needed a new facility for whatever reason, and I believe that is where the current owner stepped in and purchased something (or leased). It wasn't until after the new facility that owner of NJCF became the owner of Comet Allstars. It has also allowed them to keep things separated in terms of finances etc.

when comets originally originally started they were practicing out of Jonas Gymnastics Academy and Cheer Center (Classic Gymnastics academy and cheer center .. that just closed down for good MDW weekend) like at least 5 or 6 years ago .. probably more that though... in Morganville off Tennant Rd

when comets originally originally started they were practicing out of Jonas Gymnastics Academy and Cheer Center (Classic Gymnastics academy and cheer center .. that just closed down for good MDW weekend) like at least 5 or 6 years ago .. probably more that though... in Morganville off Tennant Rd
I didn't know Jonas closed for good?!
Also i thought comets were in old bridge for a while too before moving into NJCF?

Back