All-Star Common Knee/leg Injuries

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 10, 2012
I hurt my knee (below knee/ upper leg) at practice the other day and was curious what kind of injuries others have had and what caused them?

I'm not quite sure what the injury is, but punch fronts have absolutely killed my knees.
The thing is it randomly started to hurt towards the end of practice but i cant recall ever hurting it or doing something that would cause pain at the time... And punch front step outs are great at causing shin splints thats for sure.

I was doing a punch front on the tumble track, landed with my leg straight. My knee hyper extended all the way back and turned in, heard a pop. It was immediately swollen & I couldn't put any weight on it at all. I found out I completely tore my PCL with a retraction from the femur, an almost complete tear of my ACL (with only a few fibers still intact), slight tears in both my MCL & LCL, and a tear in my medial meniscus. I have to get surgery next week on my PCL, ACL, and meniscus. It was such a freak accident. I've done punch fronts thousands of times before, just landed way wrong.

My knees constantly pop. And ankles, but I think I just have weird joints or something ...

During the school year I wa on the flag football team for the homecoming powderpuff game. We didn't stretch nearly as much as you do in cheer and I pulled the qua muscle in my thigh. Which made it super hard to run (didnt help that i was a safety and that was like my only job lol) or do running tumbling. It hurt right above my knee all the way up. Make sure your stretching really good to avoid this type of injury!!

i hyper extended my knee mid cradle. explain how that one happens. haha we popped a cradle and mid air my knee popped out of place. thankfully i didn't tear anything, but my knee cap was on the side of my leg and i wasn't allowed to bend it for six weeks.

My CP was just diagnosed with something called Osgood Schlatter's disease which causes quite a bit of pain in her knees. Something to do with growing and putting pressure on the tendons/knees while you do it....Hopefully something she will grow out of.

My shin has been hurting since I started throwing passes with punch fronts. Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong or a way to ease the pain?

I was doing a punch front on the tumble track, landed with my leg straight. My knee hyper extended all the way back and turned in, heard a pop. It was immediately swollen & I couldn't put any weight on it at all. I found out I completely tore my PCL with a retraction from the femur, an almost complete tear of my ACL (with only a few fibers still intact), slight tears in both my MCL & LCL, and a tear in my medial meniscus. I have to get surgery next week on my PCL, ACL, and meniscus. It was such a freak accident. I've done punch fronts thousands of times before, just landed way wrong.

i did the same excat thing! left or right knee?

I've seen a lot of torn MCL/ACL/PCL with tumbling and some stunting errors. I've always had knee issues from an old hyper extension injury but my problem is definitely my ankle...broke it 2 seasons ago but was told it was sprained so competed the next week and it sucked cuz I was a c/o lol so I had 2 run throughs for each team in one day ..it was horrible ..needless to say my ankle now blows!

My CP was just diagnosed with something called Osgood Schlatter's disease which causes quite a bit of pain in her knees. Something to do with growing and putting pressure on the tendons/knees while you do it....Hopefully something she will grow out of.
My friend from Band Camp had that disease! She just wore a knee brace all the time and said it was fine ever since she got the brace

Latest posts

Back