All-Star Commuting To Practice

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

How long does it usually take you to get to practice?

• Total voters
Gas is predicted to be 5 dollars a gallon by summer 2012. Will that affect what gyms people choose?

When my dad or I drive it takes at minimum 35-40 minutes but when i carpool with my friend's mom driving its 50 minutes depending on traffic.

I live outside the town and it takes about an hour for me to come to practice. I go by train and bus right after the school!

My gym is 15-20 minutes away. I have 2 sisters and between the 3 of us we practice every day of the week and sundays. My mom hatees it so much and it is a really short drive haha :)

If gas does get that expensive, then I can see a lot of people not being able to cheer. Gas getting to competitions would be horrible and many families can barely afford cheer right now as it is.

It is actually something I have been thinking about for a while (I thought about starting a thread about it)

If gas does get that expensive, then I can see a lot of people not being able to cheer. Gas getting to competitions would be horrible and many families can barely afford cheer right now as it is.

Thank god the 11-12 season will be my senior year! I already spend enough money on gas going to the gym that I can't imagine it being any higher.

I drive 20ish minutes to where I meet my ride, from there it's 45 minutes - an hour (depending on weather/traffic) to the gym.

its takes me 2 1/2 hours at the absolute least to get to practice. if there is traffic or bad weather then its much longer. i think the most time it took to get to practice was a little over 4 hours because of traffic. we practice usually no less than twice a week. its not a fun drive.

Its the worst part! I hate my 6 hour drive, it gets soo boring and I get tired of being in the same position lol.

This is just a general question..But for the athletes who live hours or more away from their gym, Doesn't it suck not being able to go to team parties or do things with your teammates?!?! I live 20 minutes away from everybody on my team and I see them outside of practice and at school all the time and sort of sucks for the 2 girls who like farther away who aren't as connected to the rest of the team..

what's the farthest you have heard of anyone living from your gym?
there's a girl from my gym that live five hours away (lives in another state). There are some girls that live one to two hours away, but besides that the majority of our athletes live within a 30 mile radius.

it only takes me about 25 minutes. but the week before christmas is always much worse with traffic and once it (unexpectedly) took my carpool an hour and 15 minutes to get there. luckily we were supposed to be going to tumbling that day so we missed that and only were 10 minutes late for practice. i know two girls who drive out of state, one two hours or so with traffic, the other about the sme, but she goes on the turnpike in NJ so her total cost for driving to cheer and back in one week is around $60 !!

It takes me 15-20 minutes depending on whether or not I'm following the speed limit to a T.

HA! I need to show my mom this thread...before i could drive she complained about driving me "so far" three times a week.

Haha same! I told her that people from other gyms drove over an hour for practice and she didn't believe me...

Back