All-Star Confessions Of A Cheerleader

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I may have many :rolleyes:

1 - I hate that because im flexible my team always bugs me to fly.

2 - i WISH i could fly, but i only trust a few girls on varsity to base me in things that my jv team wants me to do (full heelstretch, or full scorpion into chin chin into scale)

3 - i dont think i will ever be good enough for all star cheer or college cheer ):

4 - I hate my mental block, I work extremely hard to try to get over it, but i still cant even get a cartwheel to work, my body just doesnt listen to what i want it to do.

5 - I get so angry with my team sometimes i want to walk off the court during games and quit, or just walk out of practice.

6 - If you are a flyer, and you dont lock your legs you better stay away from me. I will snap at you and flip out at you no matter what.

7 - ive been known to swear when my stunt starts to fall, im usually a back or base. and i get quite angry...

8 - I can only happily deal with one person on my team, and thats nichole, one of my best friends. Pre game, if you try to talk to me i will be rude. its sophie and nichole time. go away.

9 - even if i leave it on the floor after hitting the mat, or if i mess up, anything i can't cry. even when everone else is. i wont cry

10 - i rarely cheat on conditioning. Im usually the one whos super mean about it, and make girls run laps, or planks, or handstand pushups etc. :wasntme:

11 - i think its adorable when my teammates call me a captain. (I was on varsity, and now im on jv and most the team are new or cheered last year in middle school)

12 - im extremely hard on myself, i will keep trying till i get so mad i cry and cant see anything.

13 - I hate my schools idea of cheerleaders.

14 - my coach is the reason i did cheer in the first place, and the reason i am again this season.

15 - I am going to have my kids allstar cheer, boys or girls. no matter what nick thinks and claims if we have sons they'll play soccer like him. uhm no. Cheerforlife babe, cheer for life.

all for now <3

-I really want to coach, but I don't think any team would let me :( as I don't have good tumbling skills. I DO have amazing choreography ideas though (in my own head, anyway!)

-I miss cheer more than I can admit, and I wish I could go back. :(

Someone would love to have you coach! Tumbling isn't everything and I'm sure you'd do great! Just ask if you can assistant coach your old team and get some experience. I bet you'd be great!
And I miss it too...its only been about a year and I miss stunting and getting ready for games, but mostly I miss just having a team. :(

3 - i dont think i will ever be good enough for all star cheer or college cheer ):

I think you should try all star! You never know :) THe people at all star are usually a lot more dedicated than school, and the coaches might be able to help with your mental block... If it's okay with your parents, go for it!

I think you should try all star! You never know :) THe people at all star are usually a lot more dedicated than school, and the coaches might be able to help with your mental block... If it's okay with your parents, go for it!
the closest gyms actually worth going to, are like 45 minutes at least away, and we can't afford the high cost :cookie:

Hmmm...lets see...
1. I love putting on my makeup and bow and getting ready..it makes me feel pretty.
2. I have been known by my family to disappear competition weekend and hang out with my friends and coach.
3. I always say I'm never nervous when in reality I just wanna pee my pants I'm so scared.
4. I don't care if my pass is a front punch through to whip whip whip full, I don't want to warm it up and I will not, you can't make me.
5. I always, and I mean ALWAYS, have my headphones in before competing.
6.I might just think the world is going to end if I don't tap my toes before I throw my pass.
7. I'm superstitious to the point that I sometimes believe if I don't yell for my teammates during our routine I might fall on my face. (Don't ask me why.)
8. I've fallen twice at a competition in the five years I've been competing and if you asked me what I was thinking for the rest of the routine I would tell you I was planning my own suicide.
9. If I don't pray on my own in my spot before the routine starts I'll have a fit.
10.I fully believe if my team doesn't hold hands during awards we might as well be screwed.
11. I don't like to take a shower on day two of competition because I hate the thought of it being over.
12. The thought of aging out this year and graduating absolutely terrifies me and makes me want to crawl in a hole and die..
I could go on for days..

- I would kill for mom to enjoy coming to my competitions & actually understand the skills & stunts that are preformed.
-I regret not pushing myself in tumbling more when I was younger
-On the way home from 2 day competitions I conjure up a story in my head that I can feed to my parents to get out of going to school the next day.
-I get insanely jealous that my sisters are better at certain aspects of the sport than I am.
-The first thing I do when I walk out on the floor is look for my parents in the crowd & if I can't find them I freak out inside.
-before going on the floor I have to pray twice. Once before warm ups to God & once right before I go out on the floor to all of my loved ones that have passed away.
-the thought of graduating this year & stepping on that worlds mat for the last time ever in 4 months is terrifying.

I HATE when people judge a team by their poofs! Like...you don't see many perfect poofs on Orange or Senior elite...but they are still World champs right? Maybe they focus more on competition and their routine than on how perfect their poofs looks.

Couldn't agree more!

Back