All-Star Confessions Of A Cheermom

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I used my mom as an excuse to get out of staying for awards. It was the end of the season, I wasn't feeling very 'team' oriented after the crazy season we'd had..my mother started looking slightly flushed and I immediately suggested we go home (it helped that nobody lived near me). Booked it out of there like my shoes were on fire..I regret nothing.

ETA: It was an outdoor comp at an amusement park, about an hour or so from where my mom lived. Can't remember if I had to go back to college after it for finals..

Someone needs to start a "People of Cheerleading" website like the Walmart one. We can post pics of competition horrors with those little black bars like they used to use in Glamour Magazine to hide their identity. But DO NOT take any pictures of a random cheer mom sleeping in her car or hiding in the cheap seats while her kids compete. I'm just sayin. Of course I couldn't contribute because we've already established I don't take pictures.

Look y'all there's plenty that can be forgiven. Just please don't tell me you wear cheer bows. That's probably more than I can handle.

That is in direct violation of the NACP rules. (Not a cheer parent. Look for it on the parent board). Punishable by 5-10 (hours) locked in a room with Suzy's mom watching videos of performances.

Someone needs to start a "People of Cheerleading" website like the Walmart one. We can post pics of competition horrors with those little black bars like they used to use in Glamour Magazine to hide their identity. But DO NOT take any pictures of a random cheer mom sleeping in her car or hiding in the cheap seats while her kids compete. I'm just sayin. Of course I couldn't contribute because we've already established I don't take pictures.
I have an awesome picture I took of 3 random moms sleeping at UCA a few years back. Of course one mom woke up right before I took the picture but at least 2 out of 3 were still out cold. I have to find it. I'm really bad about taking pictures of things that may not be so nice but that I find extremely amusing.

Confession: I was ready to have a brand new baby boy so that we could play baseball, football, etc.(boy/man stuff right?) Instead I was blessed with a baby girl. Nine years later she's into allstar cheering....and I'm into it! I love it and I love the competitive nature. Some dads on our team I've never seen, but I wouldn't miss it for the world!!!!

Confession: I was ready to have a brand new baby boy so that we could play baseball, football, etc.(boy/man stuff right?) Instead I was blessed with a baby girl. Nine years later she's into allstar cheering....and I'm into it! I love it and I love the competitive nature. Some dads on our team I've never seen, but I wouldn't miss it for the world!!!!
Dad of the Year! :):cheering:

Cheerdad confession: 4-5 years ago, I got to go to Charlotte to watch the Coca-Cola 600 with three friends. So, there we are tailgating at a NASCAR race with the beer, hot dogs, etc. And what is the main topic of conversation among an ACE dad, Stingrays dad and two CEA dads? Worlds.

Latest posts

Back