All-Star Confessions Of A Cheermom

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

More of a soccer sister confession (I really need to get this off my chest), but I had to go to Italy to one of my little brother's soccer tournaments. After being with four other seven-year olds in an eleven hour car ride, I filled my water bottle with vodka* for the rest of the trip.
*I feel like I need to explain this, but I'm a military brat and for the last 14 years of my life, I've lived in different countries in Europe and was 18 (old enough to drink in Europe) and knew how to drink responsibly and everything.

I was a soccer sister for 12 years. After countless weekends spent in a lawn chair or on a blanket listening to screaming and whistles, being drug all across America and back, and sitting in a car for hours watching practices....I feel ya. And absolutely love this

This thread is so spot on!

Has anyone discovered the semi-usefulness of the "to go" coffee cups in your hotel room? They hold one beer well for cruising around the hotel but don't even think about refilling one - they basically disintegrate. By the second beer I unashamedly walk around with the bottle or can.

Rooms with a mini fridge are at a premium. CP always complains that we bring way more beer than Diet Coke. Oh well...

And I always feel guilty - when everyone gets up from our gym to move to the front and I don't go with them - but I just hate it up close. Plus I can't stand when people record performances on their iPads, I somehow seem to be an iPad magnet and that parent is always in front of me.

Our teams last video I can hear me the whole time - was apparently next to the person recording (thank goodness I was all positive - even when things went bad). On someone else's video one time you could hear another mom saying things you did not want heard on the video.

Lord! I was contemplating confessing to this one, but should have known I'd have company.

At our previous gym, my CP's team wasn't competing. One of the moms told me to dress her in warmup and bow put her bow and just walk through. I said cool and justified it with the fact that I buy a zillion dollars worth of stuff from the vendors, so, whatever! When we got to the comp, I chickened out and said, forget it, I'll just pay. She said no, are you crazy, you better not pay. So I was in the corner rehearsing what I was gonna say to the person at the gate. She said, just walk through and don't say anything. As I went to get my arm band, the mom was ahead of me and walked right in without saying a word. I was petrified! I felt compelled to say something and said, She's competing today, we have to meet the team. To me, it sounded so unconvincing, but the woman at the gate assumed she was competing and they let us in. As we were walking in, I held my breath, thinking they were going to call me out and I would have turn around and go home, never to be seen again.

I felt so guilty and said if that happened again, I would just pay! BTW, love this thread!!!!

The woman at the gate could have cared less - she was getting paid no matter. You said she belong in that is all that she needed to hear. Have not had to do this one ... only because all my kids cheer. But if they had different comps - I now know what I am doing time to done the warmups and cheer bows and show that spirit and save mommy some money somewhere as cheer takes most of mine :)

Mr Tealy might have seriously considered selling all CP's extra Cheersport Jackets on ebay to fund a portion of our travel schedule this year. She has them in every size and we would keep her first one and the one she wears now. I'm still not convinced he's moved on from that idea yet........

My oldest CP competed at Worlds with cheer shoes the color of dirt. She shamed me with this sentence........"OMG are you really wanting to wash all the hard work off my shoes? No......just NO." (Also want to add she had a brand new never worn pair that I had bought in Dec at Big Top. Wouldn't wear them)

Mamarazzi......don't look Friend! I'm not sure you're heart can take it! LOL

I was a soccer sister for 12 years. After countless weekends spent in a lawn chair or on a blanket listening to screaming and whistles, being drug all across America and back, and sitting in a car for hours watching practices....I feel ya. And absolutely love this
Yesss, I love watching soccer, but it can be too much. I pretty much just sat there the entire time with my sunglasses on sipping from my "water" bottle.

My oldest CP competed at Worlds with cheer shoes the color of dirt. She shamed me with this sentence........"OMG are you really wanting to wash all the hard work off my shoes? No......just NO." (Also want to add she had a brand new never worn pair that I had bought in Dec at Big Top. Wouldn't wear them)

Sounds about right.

Back