All-Star Confessions Of A Cheermom

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Alrighty here's mine (I'm the head coach and director of our program so my sins are especially sinful):
- I require the cheer hair to have braided bangs but I just twist my CP's bangs instead of actually braiding. Hey don't judge, we have to be there before everyone else so I get a pass! The bow covers it anyway.
- I always smile very sweetly when I'm onstage for awards even if I'm cussing like a sailor to the other coaches about a placement I disagree with. I also don't move my lips, I just talk through my big sweet smile. Picture Tom Hanks when he's smiling and waving his little hat to the crowd in A League of Their Own. That's me. I never know who's looking at me so I have to do this.
-I don't wash CP's uniform until the end of the season unless I can smell it. I do a smell check after each comp. and decide then. She's 10 so I can still do this.
-I have forged parent signatures on waiver forms many times. Usually bc I couldn't get these people to come inside the gym and sign. Once I did 3 whole teams bc I forgot to get waiver forms signed at all when I was a rookie coach.
-I have given CP extra meds in the afternoon (she's ADD) so she has better focus practice that night.
-I have let CP skip school the day after comps bc she has to go early and stay late with me.

If I think of anymore I will share. I guess this is my confession of a cheer mom/coach post ;)

It helps mine but she was on a low dose anyway. They just switched her meds and now I am afraid of the same thing.

And I always feel guilty - when everyone gets up from our gym to move to the front and I don't go with them - but I just hate it up close. Plus I can't stand when people record performances on their iPads, I somehow seem to be an iPad magnet and that parent is always in front of me.

I am an iPad magnet, too. No offense to anyone who uses them, but seriously - can you NOT be in the front row with your iPad up in front of everyone else??

It helps mine but she was on a low dose anyway. They just switched her meds and now I am afraid of the same thing.
I should probably consider a practice first and see if she thinks it helps - but so far I am not aware of any concerns. Have not mentioned the situation to coaches...

- I always smile very sweetly when I'm onstage for awards even if I'm cussing like a sailor to the other coaches about a placement I disagree with. I also don't move my lips, I just talk through my big sweet smile. Picture Tom Hanks when he's smiling and waving his little hat to the crowd in A League of Their Own. That's me. I never know who's looking at me so I have to do this.
I'm SHOCKED!!! Shocked that others do the exact same thing :rolleyes:

If something happens at the gym that upset's me I tell Mr Tealy....."I'm having a fight with CSP right now. She doesn't know it. I'm sure it'll be all over by tomorrow" He gives me the side eye. I get the side eye a lot......not just for this.

Between spray tan and lip stick I wish I didn't have to wash CP's uniform every time she competes. Heck....I wish I didn't have to wash it out in the sink/bathtub on Saturday nights.

I am not sure I am ever going to be able to get on board with the spray tan business. Not that I have issues with it, but my kid is white. Like, ghost white. And orange on top. All I can envision is her ending up orange all over.

Can you tell I'm struggling with this decision? I suppose she's just 9 so who really cares right now. But I'm planning for the future here. Will my girl be the lone ghost on coed elite someday?? :eek:

Back