All-Star Confessions Of A Cheermom

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Why must we record with iPads? Your smartphone/iPhone probably has a better camera. They are smaller and can be held with one hand while recording. They don't block ALL the people around you. Just... why?

I wondered this as well. My iPad sucks at pictures / videos.

I am not sure I am ever going to be able to get on board with the spray tan business. Not that I have issues with it, but my kid is white. Like, ghost white. And orange on top. All I can envision is her ending up orange all over.

Can you tell I'm struggling with this decision? I suppose she's just 9 so who really cares right now. But I'm planning for the future here. Will my girl be the lone ghost on coed elite someday?? :eek:

LOL...No, I totally understand what you are saying. Number 1 it's an acquired taste. Number 2 over the years as our uniforms have gotten more white in them some of us have been forced into this by the degree of our children's paleness. (No red's on top but my girls are casper-like) However, when the time comes and you cave, and you will, I have the perfect spray tan solution that isn't orange and I'll be happy to share the information!!! LOL Until then enjoy the days of not having to do it. ;)

Why must we record with iPads? Your smartphone/iPhone probably has a better camera. They are smaller and can be held with one hand while recording. They don't block ALL the people around you. Just... why?
Since my mum isn't on the boards, I'm going to make a confession for her which is sort of related to your post. At our most recent competition my mum felt inadequate filming on our camera when everyone else had ipads, so the other day she went and bought a Samsung tablet for next time :rolleyes:

I may or may not have tried to do a full up on a kiddie chair at a party while drinking. I also may or may not have almost caused a rear ending when I was listening to CEA SE circa 2010 and accidently hit the brake during my awesome tick tock....

Visualising the tick tock thing made me laugh so hard :-D
Great story!
I'm listening to cheer mixes in my car all the time and my non-cheer social contacts (yes, i have a few) are always annoyed - but the main thing is:
I'm catching myself singing along and saying the voice overs with dramatic head moves or snapping my fingers like a diva. The looks of other car drivers are - hm, let's say it's a range from laughing to really weird mimics i get from them :-D

I wondered this as well. My iPad sucks at pictures / videos.
I use WiFi transfer app (free) to send video from iphone to ipad without using itunes.

CP gets half top this year and at this comp that we are attending on Sunday, my Youth CP and Casper could have been BFFs in the pics last year. Got the e-mail saying spray tan at Gym Friday night, clicked online sign up. Not telling DH, I think he would think that was crazy, but CP is looking forward to it. But last year when I realized all these girls were spray tanning, I said, I never. A year later, we're signed up.

CP gets half top this year and at this comp that we are attending on Sunday, my Youth CP and Casper could have been BFFs in the pics last year. Got the e-mail saying spray tan at Gym Friday night, clicked online sign up. Not telling DH, I think he would think that was crazy, but CP is looking forward to it. But last year when I realized all these girls were spray tanning, I said, I never. A year later, we're signed up.

Don't feel bad. I foresee myself doing the same thing.

And LMAO at tick tocking and head bobbling in the car! Love it!

I use WiFi transfer app (free) to send video from iphone to ipad without using itunes.

I'm pretty much that ghost. My pale stomach blinds the judges from our mistakes ;)

I've considered getting a spray tan but I work in finance and I'm afraid of having to go to work if it doesn't turn out well.

I am not sure I am ever going to be able to get on board with the spray tan business. Not that I have issues with it, but my kid is white. Like, ghost white. And orange on top. All I can envision is her ending up orange all over.

Can you tell I'm struggling with this decision? I suppose she's just 9 so who really cares right now. But I'm planning for the future here. Will my girl be the lone ghost on coed elite someday?? :eek:
A friend of mine's daughter is the same coloring as your cp, and she looks beautiful with a spray tan! I think it looks better on her than anyone else.

I am a mom to 3 kids on a special needs team. When packing for competitions, I put snacks for the entire team in a rolling suitcase and put all the medical supplies (we have a lot due to their issues) on top. When asked to open the bag, they see all the medical stuff, looked shocked and sorry for bothering my kids, and just let us past. I always have diet coke and other good stuff for the other kids, parents, and helpers (I love our helpers). This is how we survived Cheersport Nationals. :)

Back