All-Star Confessions Of A Cheermom

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

A confession: My CP took the year off of AS cheer to be an 11th grader. She's in an honors program and wanted to focus on her grades. I miss her friends probably more than she does! I miss doing their make up. I miss wrapping their injuries.
A beef: Now, it has been alleged that I have given medical advice and/or the occasional analgesic to a child complaining of pain. Some have said that I am near tears, and aaallllll bent out of shape b/c all of my cheer mom friends are in Vegas without me. Some have gone so far as to suggest that some CEA parents wanted me to come to Vegas because I too carry a Mountain Dew bottle, black girl hair crack, extra false lashes and Valium (wot?!?). But, I would never give out anything because to give out Valium, medical advice, crack, lashes, Mountain Dew, or analgesics is outside of my scope of practice, and would constitute practicing medicine without a license.

So not even, Booboo...

Just to be clear. Beef over!

I confess that I did this this morning:
ge8ezy9y.jpg

I had entire backpack of candy and a 7:30 compete time for my minis. Don't judge me.

DH had a small caniption when he called to ask where we were because he brought dinner home and I said, Oh, CP just got spray tanned at gym. What? Are you kidding me? That is dumb. I cannot believe you got her spray tanned. CP is so proud of her tan and showed her her tan line strap at least 200 times, and floating around here she thinks she looks so awesome that it won't be an issue the next time. He sees how happy she is with it. He said it's chemicals, I said it was Organic. I have no idea, but glad someone had mentioned on here about Organic spray tan so I threw that one out there and. . .

Just a few things my mom may or may not have done at competitions. I don't compete anymore, so they are just from memory..
-My mom may or may not carry xanax around at competitions.
-She may or may not have had to fill in as our coach when mine wasn't at a competition that was 8+ hours away and wasn't even close to being there... All weekend. 3 teams... The one and only time any of us won all season
-She may or may not have let me convince my doctor not to cast my broken ankle until after the competition that weekend.... Lots of tape and a brace:rolleyes:
-She may or may not stalk the teams on YouTube we are competeing against the second the schedule comes out and tell me when I get home who's good and who isn't...
-She writes who in my division drops stunts, tumble busts... Etc.
-She carries around a giant bottle of ibuprofen everywhere she goes
-I think she actually misses cheer competitons more than I do. I didn't ask her to buy the live feed of worlds for me, she bought it without telling me and we hooked it up to our tv and watched it all weekend.
-She really needs a firceboard.. she can relate to all of you on some of these... She may or may not kill me if I posted them though;)

Just a few things my mom may or may not have done at competitions. I don't compete anymore, so they are just from memory..
-My mom may or may not carry xanax around at competitions.
-She may or may not have had to fill in as our coach when mine wasn't at a competition that was 8+ hours away and wasn't even close to being there... All weekend. 3 teams... The one and only time any of us won all season
-She may or may not have let me convince my doctor not to cast my broken ankle until after the competition that weekend.... Lots of tape and a brace:rolleyes:
-She may or may not stalk the teams on YouTube we are competeing against the second the schedule comes out and tell me when I get home who's good and who isn't...
-She writes who in my division drops stunts, tumble busts... Etc.
-She carries around a giant bottle of ibuprofen everywhere she goes
-I think she actually misses cheer competitons more than I do. I didn't ask her to buy the live feed of worlds for me, she bought it without telling me and we hooked it up to our tv and watched it all weekend.
-She really needs a firceboard.. she can relate to all of you on some of these... She may or may not kill me if I posted them though;)
I must confess I also carry a bottle of ibuprofen. I also carry bandaids to cover ear piercings (cartilage). I also always have safety pins, bobby pins, Tape, wrap, etc.... Oh yeah & pixie stix!

I must confess I also carry a bottle of ibuprofen. I also carry bandaids to cover ear piercings (cartilage). I also always have safety pins, bobby pins, Tape, wrap, etc.... Oh yeah & pixie stix!
Not only does she carry all that... She also carries midol, some headache medicine and a small bottle of nail polish remover and cotton balls.
Someone mentioned earlier about putting their CP in uniform to take them to a comp they weren't competing at.... I'm guilty of bringing my cheer backpack to a couple last year with bows on it and when/ if I was questioned (I wasn't, actually.. weird.) my plan was to say I was competing later in the day.
And to be honest again, we have put my brother in a gym sweatshirt before to get him in for free.
We also put my cousin who we were watching in one of my old uniforms and brought her... Well, not intentionally. She saw it in my closet and put it on one morning while I was getting ready. It was too cute not to let her keep it on and she was so proud all day... But that's a whole other story!
Gonna have to try the food in the nfinity case sometime!

Back