All-Star Confessions Of A Cheermom

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This is a Worlds 2012 confession, I humbly request that no other cheer moms use this at Worlds 2013 as I plan to use it again. :p

Okay, here is the deal - I have a super duper phobia with regard to public restrooms, especially how they tend to look after hours of a cheer event. I've conditioned myself to be a pretty good 'holder,' but with all the extraordinary talent at Worlds, I didn't think I was gonna have a comfortable day.

On Saturday, our seats were close to the warm-up area. I thought (rightfully so) that (a) there would be a restroom in the warm-up area, and, (b) the restroom would be nice and clean. My CP and her friends had already gone on an extended restroom break and said how long the lines were. So, I marched right up to the warm-up area to the security guy who was sort of guarding the door. Because I grew up with my dad and 4 brothers, I pretty much knew this would work: Told the guy that I had an 'extreme' female emergency which forced me to need to use the rest room quickly and frequently and that I was afraid there would be an unfortunate incident if I had to go to the other restroom. When I said, my problem is... He said, "No problem! Right this way!" and not only pointed, but directed me toward the empty, clean ladies restroom. When I came out of the room, I thanked him and asked him should I look for him the 'next' time. He said, no just tell them (name) said that you can use this restroom because of your emergency. One thing I know is guys don't want to hear about female emergencies!!

I was so happy that I didn't have to 'hold' or wait! I have to also admit that you had to actually walk a little past the warm-up mat (a little) and each time I came out I saw one of the super teams. It was like a treat for my special bathroom privilege. The first time it was Senior Elite - I actually heard there music before I came out and since their mix was on my CD that I play every day in the car, I was like, wow, it's them! (Sad, but true!) The second I wasn't sure of, but later realized it was All Star MexiCOP (which turned out to be one of my favorites of Worlds) and later I saw Top Gun LSC in the front and ACE Warriors a little further on the other side of the room. (Of course, their 2012 mixes are on my CD too!!) I wanted so badly to stand there and watch them, I'm not the person who rips teams to shreds and hates on this one and that one, I admire each of these kids and am a fan of everybody. But I knew if I stopped or walked too slowly, I would appear to be what I really am, a cheer stalker, so I kept it moving. Unfortunately, on Sunday, we were on the opposite side of the arena, so I had to use the real public restroom. I was actually surprised, the wait was a little long, but it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

So that is my restroom confession. Please feel free to use at other venues, but not at Worlds. :cool:

I have used the warm up restroom before at Worlds. I tried last year and (Name) was having NO part of it. Didn't occur to me to use female emergency though since I grew up in a house where my grandmother lived with my Mom and my Sister's. LMAO It was never an "emergency" at my house........just a daily part of life. LMAO (You are brilliant!!!)

I have used the warm up restroom before at Worlds. I tried last year and (Name) was having NO part of it. Didn't occur to me to use female emergency though since I grew up in a house where my grandmother lived with my Mom and my Sister's. LMAO It was never an "emergency" at my house........just a daily part of life. LMAO (You are brilliant!!!)

Ha! Yes, girl!! The female emergency works like a charm in most situations with the male species! The trick is to attempt to actually explain the emergency, that's when they pretty much make the face and fold. It also helps to sort of hold your stomach because that will really freak them out because they know there are lots of things going on in that region. (Also, (Name) was a big no-nonsense looking guy. It was funny how his expression immediately changed.)

How far do these confessions go? Can I admit that I have an innocent cheer crush. Can I mention that? Okay, I will just say that I saw this gym owner at the Major's last year and while he was speaking on stage I said to myself...'Who is that and my, my, my!!!" Then cheered my heart out for his team and thought they should have won. Saw him the next day walking with his lovely family and told him we thought they should have won. He happened to have a scoring sheet on him and took the time to explain to me and my girlfriend about their deductions and how they had to clean up everything for Dallas and Worlds. I have no idea what a deduction is - I was shaking my head in agreement, but inside I was saying, "Whatever you say, Poppy!!"
I will admit that I did acknowledge his very beautiful wife and said I thought they were phenomenal and good luck the rest of the season...and yes, they were the Tea!! :cool:

This is really meant in jest and fun, as I mean crush in the sense that he is a cutie and nothing disrespectful.

4). I rarely stay at the same hotels as the team and it bums cp out. a: i find the cheapest room within my comfort level or use points b: if i'm spending two full days with people, i don't want to spend two full nights with them, too. c: i do not want to see or hear the drunken antics of the other moms and/or coaches.

We're not allowed to do that. For our major out-of-town comps, athletes are "required" to take the bus and your hotel is booked for you. To be honest, though, it hasn't been a problem at our gym, but maybe I'm anti-social enough that I don't really pay attention.

Jersey Cheer Mom I'm shimmying you for your crush. Not that you thought they should have won. (Was it in a Coed division?)

Girl! You know who it is...I gave the clue!! Ha!!!! I really was rooting for all of the teams, but you know how you give an advantage to the cute quarterback? Or at least I do. But to answer yoir question: it is alleged that it is possibly the co-ed division. (Smiley face!!)

Girl! You know who it is...I gave the clue!! Ha!!!! I really was rooting for all of the teams, but you know how you give an advantage to the cute quarterback? Or at least I do. But to answer yoir question: it is alleged that it is possibly the co-ed division. (Smiley face!!)
I got the clue right away ;).

LMAO I do understand what you're saying about the cute quarterback........But I had to preface my shimmy by saying "No Shimmy for the you should have won" thing since, well, we won. LMAO

1). I don't even bother looking at the comp photos at events anymore. I hate jockeying for a screen, those touch screens totally suck and move too slow and I don't have the patience. sometimes I'll look for them to be posted online, but if they aren't, I'm not really upset.

2). When doing cp's hair and makeup before comp, one or both of us will cry (and they aren't tears of joy).

3). I do not ever say anything encouraging to cp before they take her back to warm ups. No good luck, no have fun. just bye (if that), sometimes I try to not be around when I know they'll be taking the team back. The first time i "good luck"ed her, she fell out of her stunt, the second time, she fell out of her stunt. In the 5+ years of cheering, those were the only two times so I'm now a bit superstitious.

4). I rarely stay at the same hotels as the team and it bums cp out. a: i find the cheapest room within my comfort level or use points b: if i'm spending two full days with people, i don't want to spend two full nights with them, too. c: i do not want to see or hear the drunken antics of the other moms and/or coaches.
I love you......I think I wanna be you. I hate the drunken antics.

I must confess I was relieved when my daughter finally told me what I already knew. She never wants to go to Worlds. She just wants to go to watch. She doesn't care whether she flies or not. She doesn't care what level team she is on. She just wants to have fun and cheer with friends. She does want to cheer in college though. I am so relieved I will never have those pressures of Worlds. Dallas was enough. I am proud of her for accepting her feelings and not feeling as if she has to go that far just because her friends from when she started cheer are on Level 5 teams.

I secretly laugh, on the inside, when I find out what the kids on the team scream while they're on the comp floor. Even if it involves expletives.
Ok, especially when it involves expletives.
This is more a confession TO a cheer mom...but my son was working his full on the tumble track several months ago and really couldn't get past a half. My "second son" who competed at SYTYCT comes over and says something to him, works with him for about five minutes just talking and doing arm motions....son goes to throw another one and kabam....like 9/10ths around.

When he comes over to grab Gatorade later I asked him..."what did 2ndCP say to you!? Whatever it was, it worked!"

He averts his eyes...and says..."we'll....he um....he told me...."

Me: "dude, just say it."

Cp: "he told me to stop wrapping like a b%#£€"

Me: Good advice! Go do that some more!

Shoot. That's how my mom has picked her favorite football team for years. Never lived in California but lemme tell you she was a tried and true 49ers fan every year Montana suited up :)

Back