All-Star Confessions Of A Cheermom

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Or maybe this!
sippin-seat-main2.jpg

Telling my 6 year old to say he's 4 so you don't have to pay adult price (which is a joke anyway).
Especially at the Disney & Universal Competitions, those entrance fees are a killer.
I must confess that at the US Spirit Universal competition in March some people I know put their wristbands on very loosely and others sneak them out to friends. Or but the standard bracelets and find out what color they are using and put one on before you walk in and hope the slightly unintelligent college cheerleader at teh door doesn't check what is printed on it.

As a cheer mom, I must sheepishly admit that I look forward to the weekend away competitions for the evening fun - rolling coolers filled with Blue UV (I have corrupted many other cheer moms) & a big wad of singles for an evening full of Left Right Center. I also enjoy sharing with other moms I've randomly encountered in the hotel hallways - distributing shots, drinks, and fun cocktails napkins. I love that part of the camaraderie off the cheer mat.

I may also admit to bringing in ear plugs & sunglasses for the morning after.

I also admit that I HATE CHEER HAIR. I cannot do it - even after so many years. The happiest moment in my cheer mom life was when she & her teammates became old enough to do their own/each other's hair. The fights, tears, and swear words involved in trying to do that hair probably should never be repeated. Ever...

My mom may it may not have bought a whole box of pizza in Dallas to avoid buying food in the arena. And when I say whole box, I mean a big 'ol 12 slicer like the ones you see at Costco.

This weekend I had to abstain from alcohol because my partner in crime wasn't there. (Mr Tealy) I might have been the only one on Sm Jr's to oversleep, even though I hadn't had a drop of anything to drink and sent out an OH poop text to the team mom who like the true warrior that she is offered to meet my little bit in the food court to let her walk to the meeting place so she wouldn't be late. (Even though the food court was nowhere near the building her room was in) While waiting for little bit she stood in line and ordered her breakfast so when they got to the meeting spot my little bit could eat because she had to go from Jr's performance straight to SE practice and wouldn't have time to eat anything then. Allowing me to get myself ready and to the venue with 45 minutes to spare.

That's what I call teamwork!!!

This weekend I had to abstain from alcohol because my partner in crime wasn't there. (Mr Tealy) I might have been the only one on Sm Jr's to oversleep, even though I hadn't had a drop of anything to drink and sent out an OH poop text to the team mom who like the true warrior that she is offered to meet my little bit in the food court to let her walk to the meeting place so she wouldn't be late. (Even though the food court was nowhere near the building her room was in) While waiting for little bit she stood in line and ordered her breakfast so when they got to the meeting spot my little bit could eat because she had to go from Jr's performance straight to SE practice and wouldn't have time to eat anything then. Allowing me to get myself ready and to the venue with 45 minutes to spare.

That's what I call teamwork!!!

Now that's what I'm talking about.

Back