All-Star Confessions Of A Fierceboarder.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Confession: I taught our AP English 12 class one day last year. The topic was "the Principals top six tips for college writing" I put together a great, interactive, multi-stationed lesson. One of the keys is "coherence" making sure no matter what you write and how disjointed parts may be, it always relates back to a common, clear thesis.

So to prove that point, I had them listening to something awful I pulled off rhapsody that made basically no sense (it was in Japanese noise rock) to see if they could discern the theme or point of the song. They couldn't = bad writing.

So I told them, how about I play a song with about 20 different clips of songs, random voice overs and probably 30 different sound effects and see if you can discern the "point" of that song.

I gave them a very brief history of the two teams grudge...

....Then I cued up TG unlimited coed 2010.

They had their jaws in the floor and one kid said.... So, did they actually beat the bullet team?!

They got the point.
Why couldn't you have taught my AP English class senior year?! We just wrote papers on poems haha.

I actually hate the term CP. I like there is an abbreviation but "cheer princess" just no.
I never really payed much attention to it and somehow it got brought up in a conversation between me and my non-cheering sister and she thought it was the creepiest thing ever. It reminded her of toddles and tiaras and just all these parents sitting around obsessing over their "princesses", I tried to convince her otherwise but it was no use haha

When I think of CP, I think of Cheer Person. More broad than princess, and besides.. While my daughter certainly thinks she was born royalty, I like her to think of this as a sport and not a princess pageant, so I am unlikely to think of it that way myself.

Back