All-Star Confessions Of An International Fierceboarder

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

cheer_for_ashxo funny thing is, now that i'm in the UK for a year i feel like you guys are WAY ahead of Germany when it comes to Cheer.. i'd say the UK is one of the Top Cheer Countries in Europe next to Scandinavia

Yeah I do feel that over the years we have progressed a lot! There's still a way to go but I guess you're right! Hope you're enjoying the UK, are you cheering?

I agree with everything said above, its so weird how little knowledge members of my team have about the cheer world, like half of them don't know what worlds is and don't know any 'big' american gyms, so they look at me like I'm crazy when I speak about it?
yeah the UK Cheer Forum isn't nice, I don't use it purely because of the rumours about it all from everyone.
:)

When I was younger I wished so much that I was growing up in America instead of Australia (almost to the point that I resented living there), because after I quit gymnastics I became obsessed with the idea of starting cheer but, at 14 years old, there were no teams near enough to me that I could join. I think there were only two in my entire state. I had to wait 4 years to be able to start cheer, and by that time I was 18 and could hardly tumble anymore. I feel guilty now though for feeling that way about Australia, cause it really is an awesome place to live :)

I take it really personally when anyone has a problem with international teams- whether it's tumbling (or lack of), the worlds finals rules, international worlds scoresheets or laughing at int'l teams using prominent teams' music… although I may or may not feel the same way and b!txh, moan and laugh about it off the boards.

I also get annoyed when US teams complain about the cost of worlds… it ain't nothing compared to the cost of any intentional athlete. Just worlds for me is the cost of your season, plus I have to pay for my season too! And there's no such thing as full paid or partial paid bids at our comps.

I'm secretly sometimes happy that tumbling isn't as advanced internationally because I can still compete on a worlds team without a bhs. I do work my booty off to hold my own in the air, and the int'l score sheet lets me get away with it ;)

I really want to ask y'all to support me at worlds, but I'm also scared I'm gonna bust and drop all my stunts and being somewhat anonymous will be a blessing.

I get frustrated with teams who push to be international level 5 with only three twisting tumblers and one kick double basket. We have open level 2, 3 and 4 for adults. Why wouldn't you want your team to be competent across all elements?

I'm terrified of meeting new people. Even though Ashley and I talk ALL the time I'm still gonna be awkward when we finally meet in person. And it will be just as intimidating meeting Mamarazzi, Tawne, and others again. I was too scared to introduce myself to anyone in the fierceboard section at worlds in case no one knew who I was :(

I hate having an accent when I'm in America. Everyone thinks you're adorable but no one understands what you're saying unless its quiet and they can hear you properly.

I am not phased by seeing American kids in cropped uniforms but I feel weird when I see Aussie kids in cropped uniforms at Aussie competitions. It seems so inappropriate in real life because I'm not used to it. I really hope the trend doesn't grow.

I hate poms but I've been known to use them at performances/demonstrations to attract little girls and reel them into the world of cheer.

I would love to cheer at a big college football or basketball game although I would never admit to wanting to actually cheer-lead.

I saw a team compete the other week to Memphis Elite Bluecrews music, but obviously as they are from England they have nothing to do with Memphis and blue isn't even one of their teams colours :rolleyes:
I just want to clarify in case I offend someone that I have nothing against international teams using and editing US teams music to cut out voice overs, as my team used to do that too because my coach tries to keep costs as low as possible, as not many people on my team would be able to afford cheer if we had to pay for custom music, etc. I was only annoyed about the team I mentioned (well, not even the team, just their coach) as they used the entire of Bluecrews music and didn't edit any of it, despite MEs name and colours not being the same as their own.

Latest posts

Back