All-Star Confessions Of An International Fierceboarder

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

- I'm way too obsessed with american allstar cheerleading...

- I really wish I could tumble. I was never teached properly, but I put a lot of effort making sure the kids I coach learn it the right way!

- My dream is to work as a coach in the US.

- ...but I'm thankful that I'm a part of one of the best cheer gyms in Sweden and help push cheerleading forward here.

- Cheerleading helped me improved my english!

- Cheerleading has also made me travel all around the world. I've been to USA, Netherlands, England, Finland, Norway and Denmark for cheerleading.

I don't really enjoy Canadian cheerleading, although it's all I've ever really seen. On a good day I'd say 10% of teams hit at a competition, and that might be pushing it.
That being said, I'm more than proud to cheer at my program and I know it would never feel the same wearing different colours on the mat

i hate it that its more common in finnish cheerleading to see teams that drop 3 or 4 stunts than it is to see a team that hits perfectly.. most teams only have 2 big competitions a year so they have the whole year to practice their routine and they still dont hit, like why

Sorry, if this sounds somewhat snobbish, but for those of you who want more tumbling, is there a gymnastics gym anywhere near you? It's no doubt the gymnasts are beautiful tumblers and maybe working with them instead of cheer tumbling coaches would help you advance? It's just an Idea :)

Sorry, if this sounds somewhat snobbish, but for those of you who want more tumbling, is there a gymnastics gym anywhere near you? It's no doubt the gymnasts are beautiful tumblers and maybe working with them instead of cheer tumbling coaches would help you advance? It's just an Idea :)

Doesn't sound snobbish:) personally, my family can't afford it! However, lots of gymnastics gyms in my area don't want to work with cheerleaders who want to learn how to tumble and not learn stuff like vault and bars etc. I've tried classes but they are very slow moving and often only an hour long. I've also had a couple of privates but they cost like 30 british pounds at least (don't know what that is in dollars!) so they can't be a regular thing for me. Can't speak for anywhere else apart from the UK but as our cheer world develops, more and more squads are starting to offer tumble classes but it's hard when most teams (including mine!) don't have their own gym so training space is not always accesible :(

Doesn't sound snobbish:) personally, my family can't afford it! However, lots of gymnastics gyms in my area don't want to work with cheerleaders who want to learn how to tumble and not learn stuff like vault and bars etc. I've tried classes but they are very slow moving and often only an hour long. I've also had a couple of privates but they cost like 30 british pounds at least (don't know what that is in dollars!) so they can't be a regular thing for me. Can't speak for anywhere else apart from the UK but as our cheer world develops, more and more squads are starting to offer tumble classes but it's hard when most teams (including mine!) don't have their own gym so training space is not always accesible :(
Understandable :) Privates in the US cost $30 (usually). I'm very blessed because I live near a gymnastics powerhouse that offers tumbling lessons, but I love my coach and tumble with her :D Hopefully the cheer world will be able to continue advancing!

I probably know more about American Teams and Gyms then i do about the ones in my own country
From time to time i am very suprised how people talk to each other on here, i feel like most of the people on here are very straight forward.
I am stunned how BIG the whole Cheerlebrity and ''Fan'' culture is in the US. We definitly don't have that here.

It might not be quite as crazy as the US, but there are definitely people in the German cheer world that could be considered Germn Cheerlebrities....for example Patty C. and Constantin S.

Understandable :) Privates in the US cost $30 (usually). I'm very blessed because I live near a gymnastics powerhouse that offers tumbling lessons, but I love my coach and tumble with her :D Hopefully the cheer world will be able to continue advancing!

Just googled £30 and its around $48! Ah okay, people seem to have privates all the time in the US, how do you guys afford to have them so often?! Wow lucky you! I'd love to have that! Yes hopefully :D

My team take in a gymnastics coach once a month to help us with tumbling technique. He says that one of the biggest issues is that we don't condition as much as we should do. Also that many of us wasn't teached correctly from the beginning.

Just googled £30 and its around $48! Ah okay, people seem to have privates all the time in the US, how do you guys afford to have them so often?! Wow lucky you! I'd love to have that! Yes hopefully :D
Oh wow! That's a huge price difference! I have friends on my team who do weekly privates but they have jobs and pay for it on their own... I only do like 1 a month, if that, but I do benefit greatly from them

My team take in a gymnastics coach once a month to help us with tumbling technique. He says that one of the biggest issues is that we don't condition as much as we should do. Also that many of us wasn't teached correctly from the beginning.

Hear, Hear on the conditioning! I wish I did it it more :) And it's great that you can get him for at least a little bit :chestbump:

It might not be quite as crazy as the US, but there are definitely people in the German cheer world that could be considered Germn Cheerlebrities....for example Patty C. and Constantin S.

I wouldn't necessarily call them Cheerlebrities though, they are very well known but i think they are able to walk around at competitions without 100 people asking to take a picture with them :D

I wouldn't necessarily call them Cheerlebrities though, they are very well known but i think they are able to walk around at competitions without 100 people asking to take a picture with them :D
I said German Cheerlebrities, not in the sense of American ones ;) I've witnessed it - they get spoken to, are known by many. Just minus the discussion of them on forums, etc.

I'm American, but cheered in a foreign country for 3.5 years. It was definitely an experience! ;)

Cheer is for a lot of people, more a hobby, than a competitive sport. Things such as grandma's 90th birthday or a best friends (late evening) party take precedent over practice a lot (even if the times don't conflict). Girls used to miss practice for some silly reasons, but everyone has their priorities. I guess I'm just too used to attendance being mandatory and there being "consequences" for missing practice.

I did enjoy my time abroad, it's just a different mindset.

Back