All-Star Confessions Of An International Fierceboarder

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have my own opinion at every theard. I just my english is so bad that I won't comment because people won't uderstand what I want to say or I'd emmbarassed myself.

Heck, I grew up speaking English and I'm American, and half the time I'm afraid to comment because I feel like I'll be misunderstood! Posting on here can be scary, reading through threads and seeing people get attacked makes me reread my post eighty-two times and make sure it can't possibly be taken as offensive. I can't even imagine if it wasn't my first language!

side note - I see you post in a lot of threads (is that creepy...?) and I always assumed you were American until I saw you post something about not being from America. So your English is fine!! don't worry, I would've never guessed!

It infuriates me when cheerleaders over here don't really care about US cheer. lj_xo mentioned F5 at practice a while back and only like 3 of us knew what she was talking about.

Also, people here just don't understand why it's such a big deal to me. People don't really appreciate the amount of hard work that goes in to a cheer routine.

I've watched cheer in Scotland grow, I can watch a DVD from my first competition back in 2005 and be amazed by how much some of those teams have improved since then. I don't think we'll ever catch up with the US but we'll give it a good try!

I really wish we had actual proper cheer gyms here though. I really envy the few teams that do have gyms.

i cheered in the UK for over 11 years, i have seen examples of everyones pet peaves... the music thing REALLY annoys me... last year i was staffing a competition in scotland and was singing along to the music, couldnt figure out why i knew it until i was going "yes honey that was the tea"

i dislike the amount of teams in the UK that are satisfied with having no tumbling, tumbling classes should be compulsory!! i get not everyone is a natural tumbler but everyone can at least try to learn! we will never be able to max out the score sheet if we dont push for it.

my biggest regret in cheer is not taking my sister to worlds before we hung up our cheer shoes.

my sister took a break from cheer and i may or may not have forced her to fill in for someone on the team i coach and never let her leave again lol

i am sick of everytime i say i was a cheerleader people start to spell out my name "give me a J.. give me an E" ... then noone in the cheer world ever believed i was an honours mechanical engineering student (now graduated woo)

i will confess sometimes i wasnt a moderator on the UK forum as i get more abuse than anything else and people i dont know contact me on my facebook to ask me to remove something about them.

i have compete worlds twice, ive been on allgirl5 team, ive won several big competitions yet my proudest moment in cheer is my junior team getting the grand champs at jamfest europe... the trophy will stay with me for life lol

Kaepa-SkyL.jpg

...these are my cheerleading shoes :confused: . i would love to have nfinitys but they would cost like 300 dollars to ship and we dont have spring floors in finland so

...these are my cheerleading shoes :confused: . i would love to have nfinitys but they would cost like 300 dollars to ship and we dont have spring floors in finland so

there's some websites that sell nfinitys with cheap shipping.

there's some websites that sell nfinitys with cheap shipping.

i know some but i have bad knees and hips so i need to have good cushioning in my shoes and what ive heard nfinitys dont have enough cushioning for blue mat

You are not alone! I still wear kaepas even though a majority of my team wear nfinitys! They may not be fashionable in cheer terms but they do the job and in 8 years of cheer, I'm only on my second pair! I don't think I'll be changing any time soon :)

The time difference for sure. :p

Having at most THREE competitions in one year..

Not having spring floors! I competed in England once with spring floor, it was so fun :D

The other day i showed a girl on my team a picture of Jamie Andries. She had no idea who she was and then when i said she was from Cheer Athletics, she replied 'Cheer what?' :-( oh gosh

i cheered in the UK for over 11 years, i have seen examples of everyones pet peaves... the music thing REALLY annoys me... last year i was staffing a competition in scotland and was singing along to the music, couldnt figure out why i knew it until i was going "yes honey that was the tea"

i dislike the amount of teams in the UK that are satisfied with having no tumbling, tumbling classes should be compulsory!! i get not everyone is a natural tumbler but everyone can at least try to learn! we will never be able to max out the score sheet if we dont push for it.

my biggest regret in cheer is not taking my sister to worlds before we hung up our cheer shoes.

my sister took a break from cheer and i may or may not have forced her to fill in for someone on the team i coach and never let her leave again lol

i am sick of everytime i say i was a cheerleader people start to spell out my name "give me a J.. give me an E" ... then noone in the cheer world ever believed i was an honours mechanical engineering student (now graduated woo)

i will confess sometimes i wasnt a moderator on the UK forum as i get more abuse than anything else and people i dont know contact me on my facebook to ask me to remove something about them.

i have compete worlds twice, ive been on allgirl5 team, ive won several big competitions yet my proudest moment in cheer is my junior team getting the grand champs at jamfest europe... the trophy will stay with me for life lol

I so agree with the tumbling, I'm at level 2 tumbling and I seriously want to try out for a level 5 team but at training with my team we do half an hour of tumbling so i dont gain a lot and plus i cant not find any open tumbling at gymnastic centres or anything! eurgh :(

I so agree with the tumbling, I'm at level 2 tumbling and I seriously want to try out for a level 5 team but at training with my team we do half an hour of tumbling so i dont gain a lot and plus i cant not find any open tumbling at gymnastic centres or anything! eurgh :(

i always feel like a hypocrite when i moan about the tumbling as... i cant tumble, but i would LOVE to tumble. before i hung up my cheer shoes i was the tumble coach, i made sure every single kid i taught tried their hardest at tumbling and was achieving their best whether that was a cartwheel or a full

i don't know if this kind of thread exists! thank you for whoever made this :)
well, i have to confess that the development of cheerleading in my country (Indonesia) is super slow! there are so many talented teams in my country (especially from high school) that need more attention especially from our government. they need more competition or event to develop their talent and skills. i really hope someone from USASF could come here to help us to develop cheerleading industry in Indonesia (is that possible? i really hope so). we have sent our representative at ICU 2011 so maybe that will give slight preview how the progress of cheerleading is in Indonesia.
Btw, i would like to see team Indonesia participating at huge competition like worlds (beside ICU) someday. Just like what Bangkok University IOC6 did at worlds 2011. They were really awesome! :D

I hate the time difference when Worlds and NCA is. I have to be awake at 3am so I can know if my favorite teams hit.

I have my own opinion at every theard. I just my english is so bad that I won't comment because people won't uderstand what I want to say or I'd emmbarassed myself.
Trust me, i have been through all of these :) I always check twice before posting something at boards (especially grammar) it's fun though and it motivates me always to improve my english :)

Latest posts

Back