Country Music In Routines?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My daughter's team has a bit of country in it... I have to say at first I did not like it felt slow and odd, but now it is quite cute and much faster as they were just learning the first time we all heard it (they are minis so cute works) I think it depends on how the coach utilizes the music (do the moves fit with the song and in our case it works well)

I liked the ACE routine! Not the dance so much, but everything else was great.
It reminded me of college teams, like when Alabama and Tennessee use Sweet Home and Rocky Top.

Interesting. The dance was my favorite thing in the routine and one of my all time favs.

No, it was definitely an awesome dance. The moves and their execution was great, it went with the music too. I just think they could have picked a better song for the dance section I guess? I guess I feel like if I were doing the dance it wouldn't get me excited. Might just be me though.

Interesting. The dance was my favorite thing in the routine and one of my all time favs.
Agree. That dance gets me every time. (And I'm sure I shimmy you whenever you post something about it hah). No country routine will ever be as good as that, IMO.

Coming from personal experience, HotCheer's Large Senior Coed 4 did a country theme, I'll try and find a video of us. We did pretty well, but I don't know if we hit the essence that ACE did.

Back