All-Star Crossovers And Sandbagging

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Every single boy on yoso was a TGLC crossover which makes me wonder why YOSO is coed and not all girl and I know there was more than just them so I think a little more than 4 crosses over to their non worlds team lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At least they're crossing in the same level. What gripes me is when a senior coed three hits the floor and all the boys are on the worlds team. That happened to my kids two years ago at CHEERSPORT.

I was somewhat edified by the fact their last pass ended up throwing an illegal pass (whoops) so they didn't win. (Neither did we but it was the principle of the matter at that point) But I was more annoyed when we got dinner that night and the same guy sauntered up to the bar and ordered a beer......

....Either he had a fake ID or he was also overage.

At least they're crossing in the same level. What gripes me is when a senior coed three hits the floor and all the boys are on the worlds team. That happened to my kids two years ago at CHEERSPORT.

I was somewhat edified by the fact their last pass ended up throwing an illegal pass (whoops) so they didn't win. (Neither did we but it was the principle of the matter at that point) But I was more annoyed when we got dinner that night and the same guy sauntered up to the bar and ordered a beer......

....Either he had a fake ID or he was also overage.

Agreed at least it was all to level 5 and not a lower level I just knew it was at least 4 because all the Boys were and I knew there were girls so that's why I quoted it.

But um that's insane especially the beer thing and the karma of last pass throwing something illegal!:)

Every single boy on yoso was a TGLC crossover which makes me wonder why YOSO is coed and not all girl and I know there was more than just them so I think a little more than 4 crosses over to their non worlds team lol

I knew 3 boys def but wasn't positive on 4th that are on LC. My source thinks there are 2 other crossovers, which I just found out about, that started on a lower level team.

As to why they went coed and not all girl you would have to ask the owners who made up the team. However if we want to play a guessing game on the reason it is quite possible the coaches wanted to give the original four boys on the team additional coed stunting practice or to help give the flyers coed stunting experience both of which would be in a competition setting.

Just to be clear, that is only a guess on my part since I was never told the reason why they went coed as I am not required to have that information

**Show of hands, who thinks their vague booking about changing gyms is so clever we don't understand it?**

I knew 3 boys def but wasn't positive on 4th that are on LC. My source thinks there are 2 other crossovers, which I just found out about, that started on a lower level team.

As to why they went coed and not all girl you would have to ask the owners who made up the team. However if we want to play a guessing game on the reason it is quite possible the coaches wanted to give the original four boys on the team additional coed stunting practice or to help give the flyers coed stunting experience both of which would be in a competition setting.

Just to be clear, that is only a guess on my part since I was never told the reason why they went coed as I am not required to have that information

**Show of hands, who thinks their vague booking about changing gyms is so clever we don't understand it?**
The 4 boys stood out like a sore thumb because they are all sooo good lol I probably can't tell u the girls but I know there is some off TGLC because if you type TGLC and Yoso in Twitter some tweets come up that girl posted about both her teams she is on.

56e14b4c2f92684dec4662be2a4d81e8.jpg

I mean hello TGLC jumper on yoso can you share your jumps with my daughter and the rest of your team?? Like how is it possible to get your legs that high #legsfordays

CEA has been doing this FOREVER! taking advantage of a loophole in a rule that was meant to give small gyms a chance to compete. And now, its moved on to creating worlds teams with up to a third of the team that didnt actually compete to get the bid! Do you really think that is what USASF had in mind when they allowed the replacement athlete clause?
If crossing over is just to allow athletes to "stretch" themselves why not just have that special team (read glitter penguins) just exhibition? then no one could have anything to complain about! One other thing maybe a CEA person could explain is how are the coed elite boys "stretching" themselves competing on coed 3??

The 4 boys stood out like a sore thumb because they are all sooo good lol I probably can't tell u the girls but I know there is some off TGLC because if you type TGLC and Yoso in Twitter some tweets come up that girl posted about both her teams she is on.

56e14b4c2f92684dec4662be2a4d81e8.jpg

I mean hello TGLC jumper on yoso can you share your jumps with my daughter and the rest of your team?? Like how is it possible to get your legs that high #legsfordays

I think you'll find that the girl(s) whose twitters you are talking about are alternates and not actually on LC. The jumper you are referring to was a last minute fill-in for a boy who tore his MCL which I think happened the week of UCA. Glad they did not change the routine and put them up front

Yeah his jumps are a little unreal and some of that is just natural ability for him but with dedication, hard work and the right technique coaching I am sure J can have jumps like that.

I think you'll find that the girl(s) whose twitters you are talking about are alternates and not actually on LC. The jumper you are referring to was a last minute fill-in for a boy who tore his MCL which I think happened the week of UCA. Glad they did not change the routine and put them up front

Yeah his jumps are a little unreal and some of that is just natural ability for him but with dedication, hard work and the right technique coaching I am sure J can have jumps like that.

Haha well thanks but I doubt my kid will ever have jumps half that good but thanks for the encouragement.

Our coach that went to Top Gun OO5 use to teach our jumps classes and they were good jump classes ... Anyways at NCA our OO5 boy was hanging with our coaches and this boy in the jump picture was hanging with our OO5 boy and he told our owners .. "Now this is who you need to have teaching your jump classes" ... So even our good jumps coach that left us for OO5 is impressed by this boys natural ability! They are sooo good!

And don't quote me on it but one of the girls I saw had a pic of her jumping through the hoop in the TGLC routine so I don't think she is an alternate (unless she is an alternate that's now competeing?)

Haha well thanks but I doubt my kid will ever have jumps half that good but thanks for the encouragement.

Our coach that went to Top Gun OO5 use to teach our jumps classes and they were good jump classes ... Anyways at NCA our OO5 boy was hanging with our coaches and this boy in the jump picture was hanging with our OO5 boy and he told our owners .. "Now this is who you need to have teaching your jump classes" ... So even our good jumps coach that left us for OO5 is impressed by this boys natural ability! They are sooo good!

And don't quote me on it but one of the girls I saw had a pic of her jumping through the hoop in the TGLC routine so I don't think she is an alternate (unless she is an alternate that's now competeing?)

I researched more there was an alternate that did compete once or twice and eventually earned a permanent spot on the team just last week or maybe the week before

Not sure which category this falls under but I see all these gyms advertising to tryout for their summit teams. So they went and got a bid then they have a different team that's actually gonna go to the summit?? They need to put rules into place like a worlds roster. I can see if you have a problem with a kid or two that maybe can't make it for some reason. But to change your whole roster? Or maybe they're stacking their team? At our gym we made the decision that our level 3 and 4 teams would try for bids and their parents knew ahead of time that we would go either on an at large or paid. We don't change those rosters at all or add kids to those teams. Whoever gets the bid that complete team is going.

Perception is often more powerful than the truth. If a group looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, they'll get treated like a duck even if they're really a goose. Don't want to be accused of abusing the loopholes? Don't do it.

I was just talking to a friend about perception and remembered Dr. Phil has a quote about it.

"There is no reality - only perception"

Not sure which category this falls under but I see all these gyms advertising to tryout for their summit teams. So they went and got a bid then they have a different team that's actually gonna go to the summit?? They need to put rules into place like a worlds roster. I can see if you have a problem with a kid or two that maybe can't make it for some reason. But to change your whole roster? Or maybe they're stacking their team? At our gym we made the decision that our level 3 and 4 teams would try for bids and their parents knew ahead of time that we would go either on an at large or paid. We don't change those rosters at all or add kids to those teams. Whoever gets the bid that complete team is going.

As it should be!

I actually think this is far more than norm than the exception when it comes to summit. I've seen those same advertisements and fully expect the team that gets to Florida will bear little resemblance to the one that won the bid. And until they put rules in place, this will continue unabated.

I actually think this is far more than norm than the exception when it comes to summit. I've seen those same advertisements and fully expect the team that gets to Florida will bear little resemblance to the one that won the bid. And until they put rules in place, this will continue unabated.

I just think that's the strangest thing. I don't see how parents (the consumer) are ok with it. Our Summit teams have had a kid or two added and a couple kids have shifted between Summit teams in prior years...for example, a s2 flyer who struggled the entire year was moved to fly on j1 for the Summit. That didn't make people happy, either, but it seems like whole team replacement would be too much for most parents to tolerate.

I just think that's the strangest thing. I don't see how parents (the consumer) are ok with it. Our Summit teams have had a kid or two added and a couple kids have shifted between Summit teams in prior years...for example, a s2 flyer who struggled the entire year was moved to fly on j1 for the Summit. That didn't make people happy, either, but it seems like whole team replacement would be too much for most parents to tolerate.
I think some parents are more about the rings than their kids.

I think some parents are more about the rings than their kids.

Do summit alternates also get rings?

Back