All-Star Crossovers

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

CP went from thinking she wouldn't be able to cheer this year to crossing between two teams. She loves it, but it is kinda killing me. Driving to the gym 5 days a week, keeping track of/changing into two uniforms and the very looong competition days, it's exhausting. I've already told her many times next year you're only on one team, just one team!

CP went from thinking she wouldn't be able to cheer this year to crossing between two teams. She loves it, but it is kinda killing me. Driving to the gym 5 days a week, keeping track of/changing into two uniforms and the very looong competition days, it's exhausting. I've already told her many times next year you're only on one team, just one team!

wait!?! you're cheering this season? How did I miss that?

When CP crossed for 2 seasons the practices were back to back, so we weren't at the gym more than we already were, they were just longer days. When it got overwhelming was at comp's. Different report and performance times, changing uniforms and bows, and not being able to hang out with both teams made it tough for her. When it came to awards if they were at the same award session she always hated having to chose which team to sit with (especially if she wanted to sit with one team but was wearing the other uniform).

Min1 to J5?!? I can't even wrap my head around that one. @Bellabooker

In my own perfect world, those 7-8 year olds would not even be on the youth team. Is there any reason that they are not on your mini 1 or mini 2 squad?
this is the first year in 4 years our gym has had enough kids for a mini team of any kind.

Regarding crossing from Level 5 to Level 1: I've always found it funny that these girls and guys who can do fulls, etc have a hard time doing a bridge kickover or back walkover. Even some of our girls on level 2 have a tough time with BKOs.
I forget the team but I did find it cool seeing a worlds team where the flyers did a BWO into their stunt :)

I crossed over all but 1 of my last 6 years of cheering. This was one of the main reasons I crossed to a level 2 (and one year 4.2) when I was on levels 3, 4 and 5 that were my main teams! I had a running layout and was working on my full becuase running tumbling was easy for me, but my standing tumbling... yeah... I could barely do a good standing back handspring and no back walkovers so being on the lower levels helped me clean up my standing tumbling though I graduated not being able to do back walkovers or front handsprings... whoops.

Personally for me I also loved crossing over becuase I was a die hard cheerleader. I loved being in the gym more, competing twice a day, the long weekends. I absolutely lived for it, which is why when I went to the gym I graduated from in 2007-2008 season, I did not double team the first year I was there and I did not double team in 2010-2011 but all other 5 years I did double team. We were a very small gym so we needed double teamers in order to field certain teams. I think if used in the right way they are helpful to gyms. I find it acceptable for small gyms because in most cases the double teamers are needed to be competitive with most big gyms IMO. I think bigger gyms have the resources to avoid them so they should limit them as much as possible. Really the only downfall to double teaming for me was the expense. My gym didn't charge anything to double team however there was the extra competition fees, the occasional extra hotels if one team went and the other did not, or if one team went really early/late, and the extra gas on the occasional times practices were not on the same day. My gym was very good about scheduling practices based on who was crossing over to another team.

wait!?! you're cheering this season? How did I miss that?
Yes:). In September,when it became obvious that DH's company was going to take longer than anticipated to make a decision on moving, we made the decision that we'd finish out the school year regardless of what happened. CP's (briefly) old gym had gone through some changes over the summer and now had more teams available for her; since we weren't sure if my husband would be moving mid year, we thought staying local and having a mostly one day competition season would be better for everyone.
I was feeling very superstitious about saying anything for awhile ( I can be weird that way:oops:) but I think now that it's February it's safe to say she's cheering-lol

I'm amazed at how many skills a level 1 team is able to perform. A lot of kids starting out cannot perform most of the skills required in level 1. I can see why a gym would bring in higher level athletes to help their level 1. Is it fair? There are so many factors that make it near impossible for all gyms to field teams the same way. I've seen level 5 athletes on lower level teams because that is all their gym provides. I've also seen kids with level 5 tumbling that can barely stunt level 1. 4.2 makes a lot of sense for kids that struggle with tumbling I sometimes wish there was a reverse for kids that excel at tumbling yet lack in stunting.

Back