All-Star Cute/funny Cheer Stories

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I just laughed out loud at both the full team split idea and the bandaid in the mouth
Michigan high school cheer is full of all sorts of crazy ideas.. so different then everywhere else

and also we have added a lot of difficulty since those Rochester videos in 2009. Almost every team in Division one competes like robots.

Execution is valued A LOT in MI cheer. My ex-team had standing tucks (highest point value skill) in round two and consistently got beat by a team who's highest skill in that round was a walkover- I think that team got second in the state as well.
That's actually awesome. I'll take watching a clean, simple routine over a sloppy, action packed routine any day. Kudos Michigan.

ETA: I realized that sounded like I was saying it's awesome your team lost. Just referring to the fact that execution is so highly rewarded. :)

Last edited:
That's actually awesome. I'll take watching a clean, simple routine over a sloppy, action packed routine any day. Kudos Michigan.

ETA: I realized that sounded like I was saying it's awesome your team lost. Just referring to the fact that execution is so highly rewarded. :)
Hahah no prob! I think it's awesome too :) we were always average on the clean- they were outrageous lol always a respectable team to lose to

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Hahah no prob! I think it's awesome too :) we were always average on the clean- they were outrageous lol always a respectable team to lose to

I'm an ex-michigan cheerleader, and until this year when I moved to Indiana did I realize how weird Michigan cheer is....I do miss having three rounds though!

I think the full team splits looks kind of cool. I love the flexibility. When CP cheered rec here, they were required to do a cartwheel and a split for tryouts. Very few girls had a split. The funny part is that they NEVER used them in the routines and they weren't allowed to tumble.

Each round has a purpose and that's the whole point of the second round! Everyone has to do the same thing at the same time. And trust me, not every team looks like they do lol.

Here's the other two rounds for example:
Round 1

Round 3

P.S. I'm totally sorry for going so off topic with this thread!

I just cannot handle all that arm swinging.

What.

Do you get scored higher in difficulty if you do your bad leg split?
Unfortunately, no. Haha
I remember my first three years I had to literally force my left split to be all the way down. We had to take them out of round 2 my senior year because we had a few hip injuries :confused:

Each round has a purpose and that's the whole point of the second round! Everyone has to do the same thing at the same time. And trust me, not every team looks like they do lol.

Here's the other two rounds for example:
Round 1

Round 3

P.S. I'm totally sorry for going so off topic with this thread!

It's like Drill/JRTC for cheerleading...I've never seen anything like this before.

I was judging an elementary school one year for my friends team, and we had to ask one girl at a time to showcase their toe touch,

so we asked one of the girls that went up for her try out to showcase her jump , and she said ok all confident and happy, ( she bent down and touched her toes) it was so cute cause she said "ok" so joyful and confident but we all knew it was her first year and still didn't know what a toe touch was ! Tried my hardest not to laugh, but myself and the other judges thought it was the cutest thing we've ever seen!

Reminds me of Erica Englebert! Haha

First day of practice, runnning drills with my Flag team ,which consisted of almost all kindergartners and a couple of 1st graders.

" 5...6...7...8...1 ...2"

Little girl runs up to me and says. "the next number is NINE....it's ok, I forget sometimes too!
That is precious!

I never realized how weird full team splits are until I typed out that sentence hahahah it's just normal to me
But I mean if you're curious as to what it looks like:

Now if only the whole country were to have technique like that...

Execution is valued A LOT in MI cheer. My ex-team had standing tucks (highest point value skill) in round two and consistently got beat by a team who's highest skill in that round was a walkover- I think that team got second in the state as well.

And can openers? I have no clue what you're reffering to! hahah but with all the different names for skills in cheer your def not crazy :D
Why can't this happen everywhere? Ugh!
BTW I love heel stretch combo, and the fact that they hit low motions with their scales. But having a different uni for each round must get expensive.

That is precious!

Now if only the whole country were to have technique like that...

Why can't this happen everywhere? Ugh!
BTW I love heel stretch combo, and the fact that they hit low motions with their scales. But having a different uni for each round must get expensive.
You don't need a different uni! They just had the options, so they did. My team always wore one uni for all three rounds- and most do too :)

What.

Do you get scored higher in difficulty if you do your bad leg split?
Not really! If you do triple splits (ie left, rights & middle) they're a higher score than just switch splits. If they aren't executed well (as in not everyone has them touching the ground) you will get killed in execution and score really low. Which is the same for everything, really lol

Back