All-Star Cutting Travel Costs

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Definitely sign up for all the hotel rewards memberships you can. They are free and with the amount of travel in cheer you collect points quickly. Also, I signed up for hotels.com. They offer a free night after every 10 nights you book. Again, with the amount of travel in cheer, you can rack those up quickly. I've gotten many free nights through them. They guarantee you the lowest price, so I always book through them and if I find cheaper elsewhere I send in the price adjustment form and they adjust within 24 hours.

PRICELINE WARNING: This happened to us this season. Priceline guarantees the number of people your room will sleep, NOT the number of beds. We wound up with three people on a King sized bed and one on a fold away, which did not make for restful sleep. As soon as you book Priceline, make sure you call the hotel and request the number of beds/layout you want.
Same with Marriott properties. You can book a double, but it isn't guaranteed. Call and follow up, they will place a note on your reservation, but it's still not 100%. They also can bump your reservation completely if someone with a gold status card decides they want to book or extend their stay. I've had some bad experiences with Marriott's.

Same with Marriott properties. You can book a double, but it isn't guaranteed. Call and follow up, they will place a note on your reservation, but it's still not 100%. They also can bump your reservation completely if someone with a gold status card decides they want to book or extend their stay. I've had some bad experiences with Marriott's.

Yes. Bed types, rollaways, refrigerators, etc. are requests, not guarantees. I always call the morning of my arrival to confirm I am blocked in a certain room type or to get a rollaway placed in my room if I need to make sure I can fit a certain number of people. And always take the name of the person you spoke. Don't take the chance of showing up at the hotel and requesting a rollaway, especially if it's a cheer weekend because the hotel will run out of rooms with double beds and rollaways.

Back