All-Star D2 Summit Rule Changes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I love the changes, but find it interesting that they are not doing the same up/down one level crossover rule that D1 has. Our gym went for D1 bids last season even though we are D2. Not sure what will happen this season.

I love the changes, but find it interesting that they are not doing the same up/down one level crossover rule that D1 has. Our gym went for D1 bids last season even though we are D2. Not sure what will happen this season.

I would guess that's because not all small gyms have every level. There are some that have 2/4 or 1/3 but not the level in between.

I'm very much in favor of this new rule.

*What did we even do before the invention of Google?*

I also have issue with gyms competing D2 by not registering all athletes with usasf so that they don't "count" toward their gym enrollment. They only register teams that will be going for the bids & then have their other teams & their half year kids compete at comps where registration w usasf is not required. There are gyms posting pics of well over 125 kids yet bringing team(s) to D2. Even though technically allowed it is knowingly cheating in my eyes.

I like it, but think there should be a provision for gyms that share ownership but are still really small gyms. Something along the lines of either locations combined cannot go over a certain number or no one location can exceed the 125 allowed for small gyms. This is hurting owners of small gyms in rural areas who are willing to offer more than one physical location to cut commute times.

I like it, but think there should be a provision for gyms that share ownership but are still really small gyms. Something along the lines of either locations combined cannot go over a certain number or no one location can exceed the 125 allowed for small gyms. This is hurting owners of small gyms in rural areas who are willing to offer more than one physical location to cut commute times.
I'm curious as to how many programs there actually are that this would apply to though.

Back