OT Dance Moms: Miami

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
If you call Mia having a panic attack and crying "being on the show" then yes she was. She was part of the studio evacuation during the fire and rightfully was upset because there was no one to take her home. I follow Stars on Facebook and it looks like her, Lucas, Hannah, and Kimmy compete together very often on a mini team. I would love to see her head to head with Maddie from Pittsburgh...both amazing kiddos.
Did anyone catch the sneak peek for the new season of DM? Was I the only one slow clapping for Kelly? LOL
Loved that Hannah and Sammy got Platinum...no one believed in them except VicAng and they killed that duet!

If you call Mia having a panic attack and crying "being on the show" then yes she was. She was part of the studio evacuation during the fire and rightfully was upset because there was no one to take her home. I follow Stars on Facebook and it looks like her, Lucas, Hannah, and Kimmy compete together very often on a mini team. I would love to see her head to head with Maddie from Pittsburgh...both amazing kiddos.
Did anyone catch the sneak peek for the new season of DM? Was I the only one slow clapping for Kelly? LOL
Loved that Hannah and Sammy got Platinum...no one believed in them except VicAng and they killed that duet!

I think they added that in and said her name even just to establish her for when she is introduced later. I tried to search and see how recently the fire was, but then decided I didn't care that much. I'm sure eventually there will be an episode where Mia is at the top of the list because shes new and has to prove herself. The current moms will scowl. Mia's mom will gloat.

I wish Lifetime would just cancel this mess. My money is on their season not being renewed.

And I also wanted to add that I still do not enjoy their style of dance. How many times must one extend their leg while shaking slightly in one dance?

Seriously. Look at their pictures on FB...they go , leg hold, leg hold, leg hold on releve, arabesque, higher arabesque, higher arabesque on releve, grasp around theatrically in a clump, more clump work, child dramatically pulls away from clump (generally this is Hannah).... more extensions etc

Every dance looks the same....despite what ever "lesson" for the week they're trying to teach .

Mia will be on the show as a regular soon she started filming with them a few weeks ago! the DMP preview was amazing, Kelly is my hero! cant wait for it to start back up again! i wonder if they will show the whole fight or edit some out? there was SO much to it!

And I also wanted to add that I still do not enjoy their style of dance. How many times must one extend their leg while shaking slightly in one dance?

Seriously. Look at their pictures on FB...they go , leg hold, leg hold, leg hold on releve, arabesque, higher arabesque, higher arabesque on releve, grasp around theatrically in a clump, more clump work, child dramatically pulls away from clump (generally this is Hannah).... more extensions etc

Every dance looks the same....despite what ever "lesson" for the week they're trying to teach .

I kind agree with you on their style. There's only so many times that I can watch the same person do arabesques, penchees, extensions etc. It all looks the same, but I do love their technique. :)

But then, I guess some studios that have certain "styles". There's a studio that I like from Visalia, CA...called 'Dancers Edge' but I call them the "legs studio" just because all their dances have 213871923812 leg extensions in them. Of course I'm exaggerating but yeah.

I follow victor on twitter and it looks like we are all getting our wish! Mia Diaz will be on dance moms miami!! :)

That girl is indeed fierce, but is there a better video of her? She wasn't really dancing in that video and it seemed thrown together at the last minute to be honest with you... I'm mobile so I can't post the video, but definitely look up Kimmy's Cold Water dance. She is AMAZING and I love her. Her and Lucas are my favourites!

That girl is indeed fierce, but is there a better video of her? She wasn't really dancing in that video and it seemed thrown together at the last minute to be honest with you... I'm mobile so I can't post the video, but definitely look up Kimmy's Cold Water dance. She is AMAZING and I love her. Her and Lucas are my favourites!

here are better videos. Mia wins pretty much everywhere she goes so i cant wait for her to be on the show!

it was so creepy but i mean that in a good way! it gave me chills!

I love darker dances because it's so much harder to show that kind of emotion rather than a happier dance. So when anybody can nail those type of dances, especially younger dancers, I fall in love. Mia is a great dancer, can't wait to see her on the show!

Does anybody get a bit uncomfortable whenever Hannah's mom trash talks Sammy? I mean... I understand not necessarily liking her because of previous issues with her own daughter, but just the way she comes down on Sammy. It's not right. You're an adult, don't talk about another child like that no matter how much you disagree with their behavior.

Stars is the type of studio where either you love it, or you hate. Personally, I'm not a fan. Technique wise, I prefer Stars to Abby, because their kids actually have technique, but I love Gia's (Abby) choreography over Stars.
iamsofreakinbored , Dancers Edge is one of the top ten studios in north America and they are most known for their amazing leg extensions. Their is also another studio in CA, who is also a top ten studio, called Just Plain Dancin, that is known for their turns....different studios, different styles, but they both have great technique and win everywhere they go.

Stars is the type of studio where either you love it, or you hate. Personally, I'm not a fan. Technique wise, I prefer Stars to Abby, because their kids actually have technique, but I love Gia's (Abby) choreography over Stars.
iamsofreakinbored , Dancers Edge is one of the top ten studios in north America and they are most known for their amazing leg extensions. Their is also another studio in CA, who is also a top ten studio, called Just Plain Dancin, that is known for their turns....different studios, different styles, but they both have great technique and win everywhere they go.

Yup, I am a huge fan of Dancers Edge. ;) I love Murrieta Dance Project too, they have amazing turns and technique. :D I agree with you. Abby Lee has better choreo but Stars imo has awesome technique. :)

Back