All-Star Dangers Of Cheerlebrity

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Although to his point I think he left out the age demographic. I think gymnastics is one of the other few sports where the teenage group has the stars and not the older people.
Perhaps. But I would argue that you could go to a gymnastics and never see athletes from other teams glorifying another athlete of another team.

Part of that comes though because allstar is the pinnacle of cheer. It is big as it gets.We have no NFL or anything past this for kids to aspire to. College cheer is too broken up and disjointed. Team USA exists for two weeks out of the year. Allstar provides a very unified constant stream of info and skills to follow.

Name three cheerlebrities that compete in college cheer. Now name three allstars... that are on the same team. One is a lot more specific but a lot easier to do. Why? All other sports celebrate the college players.
I don't think college cheer is broken up and disjointed. It's really easy to follow and there are plenty of athletes at the college level that have skills that surpass that of these "cheerlebrities." They could be celebritized just as easily as any other college level athlete but they're not.

Sometimes I wonder how the cheerlebritys school friends feel about all of these random kids commenting on their pictures and stuff. I feel like it would be hard to have a normal social life with all of this cheerlebrity buisiness. I really feel like it would be almost impossible for these kids to have friends outside of the cheer world because the normal people "just don't get it" and think its creepy. Im not saying they can't seperate the "cheer world" from the "real world" but how often do you see them posting pictures that don't involve cheerleading, or aren't with cheerleaders? Little to never. The people I follow that play soccer or football aren't posting pictures of their hair before every practice or what they're wearing to practice. I'm not trying to say they don't have school friends, either. Maybe this makes since maybe it doesn't.. idk how to put my words sometimes

serious question though what exactly was this supposed to say/mean....
Haha, here's definition:
To run full speed into somebody and body slam them into a brick wall, chain link fence, or similar immovable object.
"Dude, I just got bum rushed on the corner of E.9th and Euclid Avenue."

From the urban dictionary. It's a word we use in the south.

I don't think college cheer is broken up and disjointed. It's really easy to follow and there are plenty of athletes at the college level that have skills that surpass that of these "cheerlebrities." They could be celebritized just as easily as any other college level athlete but they're not.

College has three separate communities: NCA, UCA, everyone else. The scoresheets are not inly different but the skills needed to win each are widely disjointed and not the same. In allstar You can take the same routine to Jamfest CHEERSPORT and NCA and legit have a shot at winning all three. You cannot in NCA or UCA college because they don't resemble each other very closely. As well they don't allow you to compete in both. How is that not disjointed?

Perhaps. But I would argue that you could go to a gymnastics and never see athletes from other teams glorifying another athlete of another team.

Are you talking about any random gymnastics meet or podium meets for the international elite levels? Because I was a gymnast for 12 years and if you are referencing the elite levels, you aren't quite 100% correct. USA-Gymnastics magazine profiles any elite athlete that has the potential to make it to the olympics, sometimes even level 10's that are up and coming. We all have 15 or so athletes that we watch for 4 years, idolizing and hoping that our favorite makes it to the Olympics.

The big difference with gymnastics though is the top levels are separated into their session (if not their own comp) and if you aren't competing, you can't get near the athletes. Parents and spectators are roped off or in the stands of an arena so they can't get to the athletes. Young gymnasts still have their idols and favorites but they are put in a position where they can't get to the athlete until they have their specific meet and greet times or maybe for some comp's you don't get to meet them.

Maybe it's time that EP's need to start separating spectators away from the athletes so those who are watching can't get near the team after they are getting off the floor and like it was mentioned before, if you aren't warming up - you aren't allowed the back room. The only time you would get to meet the cheerlebs would be at specific times set by the EP/gym/cheerleb that was labeled as a meet and greet.

College has three separate communities: NCA, UCA, everyone else. The scoresheets are not inly different but the skills needed to win each are widely disjointed and not the same. In allstar You can take the same routine to Jamfest CHEERSPORT and NCA and legit have a shot at winning all three. You cannot in NCA or UCA college because they don't resemble each other very closely. As well they don't allow you to compete in both. How is that not disjointed?
Let's be real. College cheer is really only UCA and NCA and that's it. That is where all the big teams go. One big comp in January and one big one in April. Yes, they are two different companies with different standards when it comes to scoring, but that doesn't mean you could only win one. Memphis just won UCA Nationals and with a few adjustments to choreo, that routine could dominate NCA Nationals. Gyms make minor adjustments ALL the time to routines in order to fit scoring rubrics. No company judges the same, period. It's no disjointed, its very simple. I would argue allstar is more disjointed. There are COUNTLESS cheer companies putting on competitions all the time, all with they're own way of scoring. College cheer is very simple, and very easy too follow. That said, this doesn't have anything to do with my point. College athletes could be celebritized just as easy but they're not. Why? Because the 13yr old girl on Team A wants to be just like the girl with the double full on Team B. The fact is they're not celebrities and this whole trend is ridiculous.

Are you talking about any random gymnastics meet or podium meets for the international elite levels? Because I was a gymnast for 12 years and if you are referencing the elite levels, you aren't quite 100% correct. USA-Gymnastics magazine profiles any elite athlete that has the potential to make it to the olympics, sometimes even level 10's that are up and coming. We all have 15 or so athletes that we watch for 4 years, idolizing and hoping that our favorite makes it to the Olympics.

The big difference with gymnastics though is the top levels are separated into their session (if not their own comp) and if you aren't competing, you can't get near the athletes. Parents and spectators are roped off or in the stands of an arena so they can't get to the athletes. Young gymnasts still have their idols and favorites but they are put in a position where they can't get to the athlete until they have their specific meet and greet times or maybe for some comp's you don't get to meet them.

Maybe it's time that EP's need to start separating spectators away from the athletes so those who are watching can't get near the team after they are getting off the floor and like it was mentioned before, if you aren't warming up - you aren't allowed the back room. The only time you would get to meet the cheerlebs would be at specific times set by the EP/gym/cheerleb that was labeled as a meet and greet.
Exactly. I agree with you. And it doesn't happen in Gymnastics because of all the reasons you just stated. And their not called any ridiculous nickname. I'm all for young athletes looking up to other athletes, but the level, and the way it is handled in the cheerleading world at this point is ridiculous.

Haha, here's definition:
To run full speed into somebody and body slam them into a brick wall, chain link fence, or similar immovable object.
"Dude, I just got bum rushed on the corner of E.9th and Euclid Avenue."

From the urban dictionary. It's a word we use in the south.
haha oh my i completely thought it was a typo for something else, my only excuse to this is that im Canadian and the most slang we say all has to do with hockey terminology

Let's be real. College cheer is really only UCA and NCA and that's it. That is where all the big teams go. One big comp in January and one big one in April. Yes, they are two different companies with different standards when it comes to scoring, but that doesn't mean you could only win one. Memphis just won UCA Nationals and with a few adjustments to choreo, that routine could dominate NCA Nationals. Gyms make minor adjustments ALL the time to routines in order to fit scoring rubrics. No company judges the same, period. It's no disjointed, its very simple. I would argue allstar is more disjointed. There are COUNTLESS cheer companies putting on competitions all the time, all with they're own way of scoring. College cheer is very simple, and very easy too follow. That said, this doesn't have anything to do with my point. College athletes could be celebritized just as easy but they're not. Why? Because the 13yr old girl on Team A wants to be just like the girl with the double full on Team B. The fact is they're not celebrities and this whole trend is ridiculous.

You aren't allowed to do both via varsity rules. And Memphis would get killed in tumbling, choreography, and dance.

You aren't allowed to do both via varsity rules. And Memphis would get killed in tumbling, choreography, and dance.
I know you're not allowed to but if you were. And like I said if they made adjustments (i.e. NCA style choreo) they could win. Memphis would not get killed if they competed NCA and had and NCA style routine. Either would UK for that matter. Again, not really the point.

Sometimes I wonder how the cheerlebritys school friends feel about all of these random kids commenting on their pictures and stuff. I feel like it would be hard to have a normal social life with all of this cheerlebrity buisiness. I really feel like it would be almost impossible for these kids to have friends outside of the cheer world because the normal people "just don't get it" and think its creepy. Im not saying they can't seperate the "cheer world" from the "real world" but how often do you see them posting pictures that don't involve cheerleading, or aren't with cheerleaders? Little to never. The people I follow that play soccer or football aren't posting pictures of their hair before every practice or what they're wearing to practice. I'm not trying to say they don't have school friends, either. Maybe this makes since maybe it doesn't.. idk how to put my words sometimes

I get it, and I wonder the same thing. I think high level athletes are always at cheer. It's their life, it's what their friends do. So yeah they talk about it more. But from what I've seen, they are normal people at school. I've seen friends say it's funny that they have people wishing to be them everyday.

Here are some small differences I see....

I don't see near as many 13 year olds watching NCA/UCA College Nationals as I do All-Stars

College Cheerleaders dont compete NEAR as much as Allstars. (I feel like most colleges really only compete once, except maybe locally publicity stuff)

I don't see parents of college athletes near as involved in their kids lives as I do allstars.

I don't see College Athletes having the time to have a fan-based twitter and promote themselves with videos, etc.

Most people are so burnt out on cheerleading by college their 'Give a Damn' is broken.

Tumbling wise, college skills are 'dumbed down' compared to Allstar (not saying full, punch full, punch kick full isn't hard, just not ending in a double).

College stunts, while impressive (I was a decent stunter, rewinds, full ups, etc) aren't as impressive. There is only so many ways to do a rewind or a coed full up. College is a little less innovative (As a WHOLE) compared to Allstar when it comes to stunt. Most of the college stunts, to me, are "strength impressive" as opposed to "innovative impressive"

Back