All-Star Dear Cheer Abletics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I just started cheering again...after 6 years. I took two tumbling classes and jumped a bit at tryouts. I've kept myself in shape through college + beyond, but still, the next few days were NOT pretty. We don't start practices till July and I'm afraid I won't be able to move after hah.

Right now it seems like I start next week, but I also start my 40+hour a week farm job for the summer next week... If I'm not active on Fierceboard it's because I'm dead.

k my cp got up to 6 through the ab circuit...couldn't even go back down hahah....we'll do a little more each night til she can get more used to it...she's got abs already but she wants to be completely ripped lol

she did better then what I did, lol. I struggled to compete 4. although i messed it up and I did the sets 2,3 and then 4.

My J5 team is RIPPED! Id like to think I can take credit. Ill video one of my kids doing what I call "Kyle's Ab Circuit" Its pretty simple and you can do it at home.

2 Crunches
2 Full Fit Up
2 Bicycles
2 Lemon Squeezers
Hold Hollow for 2 seconds
2 Straddle Ups
2 Pike Ups

*Repeat with 4,6,8,10,12

Then take a break and stretch abs out.

Then start over going back down at 10.

10 Crunches
10 Full Fit Up
10 Bicycles
10 Lemon Squeezers
Hold Hollow for 10 seconds
10 Straddle Ups
10 Pike Ups

*Repeat for 8,6,4,2

When you get to the last sets of two, focus on technique and do it as fast as possible.

Thats my ab workout for my kids! I think all 12 are ripped. Every competition so far people have asked how I get them so ripped. They haven't met my leg circuit, cardio circuit, or arm circuit yet :)

cheer4ever0522 - Do you like my circuits? ;-)

just curious, do you do all your circuits every day with the kids? or do you alternate?

just curious, do you do all your circuits every day with the kids? or do you alternate?

Summer Training I usually do 3/4 if not 4/4 (I also have a Cardio Circuit) and during the competition season I just gage what I feel needs worked on. I almost always do legs and abs every practice because they get cardio from running full outs and IMO, I don't find arm strength as important as the other three, so arms are a rare occasion for me.

I also use something called the gauntlet. This is where the kids run around the mat I guess in like a reverse indian spring and the first person will tumble when they get to the corner, then the second person at the next corner, then they join in back running.

Y'all. This video.

I do it multiple times a week and it NEVER gets easy. The part to "Edge of Glory" makes me want to die

I also use something called the gauntlet. This is where the kids run around the mat I guess in like a reverse indian spring and the first person will tumble when they get to the corner, then the second person at the next corner, then they join in back running.
We do something like that. We call it death tumbling hahah

I've been doing the ab & arm circuit on and off for awhile now and it's absolutely paying off. Interesting thing happened today at the gym (workout gym, not cheer) though... I was on the 6 of the ab set coming back down and a Personal Trainer left her trainee and interrupted me asking where I found that set and had me explain what it fully was. I told her I learned it from a cheer coach and she looked completely shocked. She then said, "Wow that's a really good workout, I may steal it!" Rudags just thought you should know you have the approval of PTs in MA! :)

Summer Training I usually do 3/4 if not 4/4 (I also have a Cardio Circuit) and during the competition season I just gage what I feel needs worked on. I almost always do legs and abs every practice because they get cardio from running full outs and IMO, I don't find arm strength as important as the other three, so arms are a rare occasion for me.

we used to do this! i had a love hate relationship with it haha

Y'all. This video.

I do it multiple times a week and it NEVER gets easy. The part to "Edge of Glory" makes me want to die

I died a little bit (kidding. I died a lot.)

But i feel like this goes by faster than the cheer abletics circuit even though I spend about the same amount of time! I think I'm going to try to alternate the two :)

THOSE ARE DEATH.

My J5 team is RIPPED! Id like to think I can take credit. Ill video one of my kids doing what I call "Kyle's Ab Circuit" Its pretty simple and you can do it at home.

2 Crunches
2 Full Fit Up
2 Bicycles
2 Lemon Squeezers
Hold Hollow for 2 seconds
2 Straddle Ups
2 Pike Ups

*Repeat with 4,6,8,10,12

Then take a break and stretch abs out.

Then start over going back down at 10.

10 Crunches
10 Full Fit Up
10 Bicycles
10 Lemon Squeezers
Hold Hollow for 10 seconds
10 Straddle Ups
10 Pike Ups

*Repeat for 8,6,4,2

When you get to the last sets of two, focus on technique and do it as fast as possible.

Thats my ab workout for my kids! I think all 12 are ripped. Every competition so far people have asked how I get them so ripped. They haven't met my leg circuit, cardio circuit, or arm circuit yet :)

cheer4ever0522 - Do you like my circuits? ;-)
i started this yesterday, couldn't go back down, but I am FEELING the pain right now. How often should i do it? Daily, every other day?

i started this yesterday, couldn't go back down, but I am FEELING the pain right now. How often should i do it? Daily, every other day?

I did it 3 days a week while I had a broken hand from about the last week of May to the beginning of July. I got a nice 4 pack from it but when I stopped doing it the definition went away and I just have a 2 pack, but I had that before.

I just started the insanity work out 60-day videos. I have been doing them 5 days a week and also been doing my Ab Circuits right after. I do mine 5 days a week, and my kids I coached did them 3 days a week, and some said they did them at home.

I just started the insanity work out 60-day videos. I have been doing them 5 days a week and also been doing my Ab Circuits right after. I do mine 5 days a week, and my kids I coached did them 3 days a week, and some said they did them at home.

Insanity is aptly named. Tonya is a smug beyotch and I want to punch her in the throat.

Back